Shearer in the sun

paddy

How is it good news? We've ruled out the only guy who would get the whole place flying right from the start. Yes he does lack experience but he knows the club and the fans - in fact he is a fan. Experience isn't everything. Allardyce was an experienced manager, so was Souness. Now what will probably happen is we'll appoint some non-entity manager with no connection to the club on a huge salary and sack him in the summer and then we'll have to do it all over again.

How is it good news? We've ruled out the only guy who would get the whole place flying right from the start. Yes he does lack experience but he knows the club and the fans - in fact he is a fan. Experience isn't everything. Allardyce was an experienced manager, so was Souness. Now what will probably happen is we'll appoint some non-entity manager with no connection to the club on a huge salary and sack him in the summer and then we'll have to do it all over again.

Fuck off. Please.

If you're blinkered enough to think that managerial experience isn't a factor then allow me to do you a favour and knock some sense into your skull.

You're joking right?

Nobody with any common sense would say something like that and be serious...surely. :D

Although Shearer wouldn't be my first choice I would prefer him to most of the names being suggested.

Did Keegan have any previous managerial experience?

Did Dalgleish beforehe won the Premiership with Liverpool and Blackburn?

Did Roy Keane before he got Sunderland from the bottom of the league and then promoted and now within 6 points of us?

Mark Hughes and Klinsman had none before there international appointments and didn't so too badly either.

Edited by Super7

Fuck off. Please.

If you're blinkered enough to think that managerial experience isn't a factor then allow me to do you a favour and knock some sense into your skull.

Experience guarantees fuck all. I think thats the point he was making.

Fuck off. Please.

Experience guarantees fuck all. I think thats the point he was making.

Yup but it gives a much clearer indication of how things could go than no experience.

Shearer might well turn out to be a decent manager, but there are too many unknowns. Who would form his backroom staff? Does he have too many ties to the old guard? His mates are Fat Fred, Dalglish and Souness.

I don't think it will have went down well with the new regime that Alan Oliver was spilling the beans on national tv about the phone call Mort made to Shearer in Barbados either. Shearer is playing the press and using his popularity to force the board's hand. For that reason alone I don't think he'll get offered the job.