Birmingham Shitty

flagpole corner

Any idea how much Birmingham Shitty are charging the geordies at St Andrews this year? 42 notes for us on saturday to go to that shithole on a saturday morning when the game will also be on tele and boozers round the country. In recent years we've filled whole ends at places like Blackburn and Villa for crappy worthington cup ties before christmas yet there are still lots of tickets left for this saturday's game and it's going to the general public tommorow. And to top it off I see David Gold rambling about ticket prices and attendances this morning.

Forget 451, 442, 118 118, when will these twats realise it's just TOO expensive to watch football?

I'm not sure what they're charging for us this season but I remember being outraged at the price a couple of seasons ago when we got there to discover the place was a complete hole.

Any idea how much Birmingham Shitty are charging the geordies at St Andrews this year? 42 notes for us on saturday to go to that shithole on a saturday morning when the game will also be on tele and boozers round the country. In recent years we've filled whole ends at places like Blackburn and Villa for crappy worthington cup ties before christmas yet there are still lots of tickets left for this saturday's game and it's going to the general public tommorow. And to top it off I see David Gold rambling about ticket prices and attendances this morning.

Forget 451, 442, 118 118, when will these twats realise it's just TOO expensive to watch football?

35931[/snapback]

£42? ;)

and to think i complain about £15 to stand up and watch Torquay :wacko:

It's only £13.80 to watch Juventus ;)

35954[/snapback]

.......well theyre in the right colours i suppose!

35955[/snapback]

They can't fill their stadium though.

The prices are getting ridiculous and it's good that people are finally not going as a result. Sooner or later these arseholes need to twig. Charlton's cup game tonight is a tenner for adults and a quid for kids - hopefully they'll fill the ground, sending a message to other clubs.

The prices are getting ridiculous and it's good that people are finally not going as a result.  Sooner or later these arseholes need to twig.  Charlton's cup game tonight is a tenner for adults and a quid for kids - hopefully they'll fill the ground, sending a message to other clubs.

35958[/snapback]

Fair play to them for that.

I think a dad & lad could get a cheap return flight to Madrid, watch a game at the Bernabeu and come back at just over what it costs to goto Stamford Bridge!

35962[/snapback]

and doesnt that just say it all! ;)

The cost of anything is pretty much what people are mug enough to pay. I'm glad to see that common sense is finally starting to kick in over ticket prices.

Personally, I'd also like to see players wages come down too as it doesn't help anything. Team spirit must be hard to generate when you know someone next to you in the changing room earns 3 or 4 times as much as you for effectively doing the same job.

Good on Charlton, a full ground ought to always be the aim, even if you have to change prices depending on the game.

Aye fairplay to Charlton. I think Fulham and Villa have also done promotions like that. Can't wait till the BSkyb bubble bursts.

35966[/snapback]

It will when the next deal comes up for renewal.

I'm not sure what they're charging for us this season but I remember being outraged at the price a couple of seasons ago when we got there to discover the place was a complete hole.

35945[/snapback]

That day when I bumped into you and Gemmill outside the ground it was £35, was £38 last season.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I pay £42 to go to a game at St Andrews. Robbing bastards, either that or the wank mag trade is in decline.

I saw an interview with Alan Sugar where he was discussion the issue of the BskyB renewal. Basically he said they should (and probably will) offer the clubs a lot less than they are getting now because it's more than they can get elsewhere anyway.

There are rumours that Sky are putting 2 deals on the table.

1) Around the same area as the current deal if Rangers & Celtic are admitted

2) Less than half if they are not.

I saw an interview with Alan Sugar where he was discussion the issue of the BskyB renewal. Basically he said they should (and probably will) offer the clubs a lot less than they are getting now because it's more than they can get elsewhere anyway.

35977[/snapback]

Bound to happen, and the players will be told wages have to come down in line etc. Ticket prices won't though.

35977[/snapback]

Bound to happen, and the players will be told wages have to come down in line etc. Ticket prices won't though.

35984[/snapback]

They'll argue that they have to make up the shortfall somewhere ;)

35931[/snapback]

£38 last year for us IIRC.