It's KEEGAN

@yourservice

Maybe everyone has to get real for a moment. We need to realise that we aren't going to get a successful manager. Why the hell would he want to come here. Shit players, not filling the stdium any more and unrealistic tragets. Why do most of our fans think we have a right to win things just because we used to be a big club.

I think we should get Kevin Blackwell as manager - he did a good job at Leeds, Peter Reid is available too.

Lotbot's first post on this forum in the "Allardyce sacked" thread.

Love how you pretend to be one of us and suggest Monkey's Heed as a manager. Get lost you wannabe sticky toffee bastard, you're not even good enough to be a mackem.

You, of all people, should know how much it hurts to be bullied and persecuted on these boards. Shame on you.

I thought it was always you :nufc:

THERES ONLY OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE KEVIN KEEGAN, OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE KEVIN KEEGAN WALKIN ALONG SINGIN A SONG WALKIN IN A KEEGAN WONDERLAND :nufc::nufc::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Any cunt comes on with negative comments about Keegan being tactically inept can suck my fuckin cock

Seems like a win win situation then.

i do not remember seeing this in the previous 15 pages...

He will be officially unveiled at a press conference at the stadium he also once graced as a player on Friday afternoon, when the celebrations which began on the announcement of his impending return will reach new heights.

and then there is this...

Keegan sees Newcastle overwhelm Stoke

By Henry Winter

Newcastle United (2) 4 Stoke City (0) 1

Kevin Keegan's training sessions are traditionally packed with shooting practice and his Newcastle United players certainly caught his attack-fixated bug at a delirious St James' Park last night. Echoes abounded of Keegan's last spell here, certainly the good times when visitors to St James' Park were blown away by a black-and-white-flecked hurricane, with goals flying in from all angles, before the usual wobble, witnessed here when Liam Lawrence struck a late consolation. Tougher assignments lie ahead, notably Arsenal at the Emirates in the next round, but Newcastle fans will not hear any words of caution, not with the ultimate cavalier, Keegan, back in town. The Keegan effect seemed to have worked its magic on Newcastle's players even before he took up his seat in the directors' box to rapturous applause after 18 minutes.

From Rennie's first whistle, Newcastle sensed that their Stoke guests, so riddled with injuries, most damagingly at full-back, were there for the taking. Newcastle went for the jugular. James Milner was terrific down the right, constantly troubling Danny Pugh with his pace and skill. Luis Enrique, a good attacking left-back if suspect defensively, took up residence in Stoke's half. Within eight minutes, the pressure told: Owen struck his first goal in 12 games for club and country, making the party go with even more of a swing.

Surprisingly, it was the languid Mark Viduka who began the move, winning the ball 40 yards out. Damien Duff, impressing in the centre, took up the running, racing forward and lifting a cross to the far-post. The ball was cleverly weighted, designed to clear Stoke's tall centre-halves. Milner rushed in and turned the ball back across. There was Owen, the master poacher, doing what he does best, swivelling, shooting and beating the keeper. Steve Simonsen had no chance, the ball disappearing past him in a blur.

His Stoke colleagues refused to be downhearted at this concession of such an early goal. Liam Lawrence, whose Sunderland connections earned him many catcalls, tried to make headway down the right. Stoke's forwards, the deep-lying Jon Parkin and frontrunning Ricardo Fuller, began charging about, seeking to impose themselves on Cacapa and Steven Taylor. Just as Newcastle's centre-halves were being examined, Keegan chose a fitting moment to arrive. Flanked by the chairman Chris Mort and Newcastle's beaming owner, Mike Ashley, Keegan acknowledged St James' emotional salute. Familiar faces in the smart seats stretched out hands of welcome. Eyes lit up with delight. Keegan felt home again.

A reminder that match-day life is never simple here soon arrived. A duel was developing in midfield and tempers were rising. Stoke's captain, John Eustace, sought to disrupt Newcastle's rhythm, particularly targeting Emre. He caught the little Turk with one fierce challenge unnoticed by Rennie but clearly remembered by Emre. Pumped up with anger, Emre went looking for revenge, and launched himself into Eustace, flying through the air like a slightly plump pigeon. Emre made only limited contact with Eustace, who fell to the ground but, in fairness, quickly jumped back up. Rennie initially appeared to be contenting himself with a booking but then, continuing a familiar theme this season, paused as if taking a second opinion. To St James' disbelief, Rennie then drew out a red with all the flourish of a matador despatching a bull. Emre departed, his face moistening with tears, an inconsolable figure despite the tender ministrations of Milner.

A man down, Newcastle did not let up in their ambitious intent, a credit to Nigel Pearson's preparations. Keegan certainly will have admired the commitment to attack, the sight of a midfield formed from three wingers, and especially the overhead kicks from Viduka and Owen. Both efforts were blocked but such attempts at the spectacular will have delighted Keegan.

Newcastle's new manager saw the team double their lead on the half-hour. The busy N'Zogbia whipped in a corner, again aimed to avoid the oaks at the heart of Stoke's defence. Cacapa had nipped to the near-post, meeting N'Zogbia's corner with a flicked header that sped past Simonsen. Having survived a slight scare when an unmarked Rory Delap headed Lawrence's cross into the side-netting, Newcastle added a third midway through the second half. Viduka was again involved, heading a clearance into the path of Milner, who was hurtling down the inside-right corridor. The England Under-21 international, who has been in such dynamic form this season despite the team's travails, chested the ball down and darted on. Brimming with purpose, Milner brought his right foot down, and sent the ball skimming low and true past Simonsen. With 15 minutes remaining, Newcastle added a fourth, and one half-expected St James' announcer to credit it to Keegan. The catalyst was N'Zogbia, outstanding all evening, who charged down the right before cutting the ball across to Duff, who finished unerringly past an exposed Simonsen. Duff went close to adding a fifth, unleashing a shot that Simonsen tipped over. But there was a slight sting in the tale, a warning of defensive frailties when Lawrence curled in a riposte. The noise of celebration from Stoke's large gathering was soon drowned out by chants of "Keegan, Keegan". :nufc::nufc:

Match details

Newcastle United (4-4-2): Given; Carr, Taylor, Cacapa (Rozehnal, 70), Jose Enrique; Milner, Emre, N'Zogbia, Duff; Viduka (Carroll, 72), Owen.

Subs: Harper (g), Edgar, LuaLua.

Sent off: Emre.

Goals: Owen 8, Cacapa 31, Milner 68, Duff 76.

Stoke City (4-4-1-1): Simonsen; Zakuani, Cort, Shawcross, Pugh; Lawrence, Delap (Dickinson, 77), Eustace (Pulis, 77), Cresswell; Parkin (Diao, 62); Fuller.

Subs: Hoult (g), Pericard.

Booked: Delap.

Goal: Lawrence 89.

Referee: U Rennie (South Yorkshire).

Maybe everyone has to get real for a moment. We need to realise that we aren't going to get a successful manager. Why the hell would he want to come here. Shit players, not filling the stdium any more and unrealistic tragets. Why do most of our fans think we have a right to win things just because we used to be a big club.

I think we should get Kevin Blackwell as manager - he did a good job at Leeds, Peter Reid is available too.

Lotbot's first post on this forum in the "Allardyce sacked" thread.

Love how you pretend to be one of us and suggest Monkey's Heed as a manager. Get lost you wannabe sticky toffee bastard, you're not even good enough to be a mackem.

You, of all people, should know how much it hurts to be bullied and persecuted on these boards. Shame on you.

If I'm honest, it's more than a little different. I didn't come to these boards under false pretense only to abandon it and begin criticising the club left and right and looking for ridiculous arguments. This is a board to discuss Newcastle, not for glorious <insert also-ran club here> fans to come and troll (or WAB as I think you guys refer to it.) There's plenty of other boards for that.

Who else is up for turning up to see him at SJP tomorrow and grilling him on the steps as to why he sold Andy Cole all them years ago?!

Thought the press conference was Friday?

Guest stevieintoon

Delighted with the show the neet, but its tinged with anguish for me tonight, I had £3 (fuck aal) on Toon 4-0 and Owen first goal 75/1, honest am fuckin absolutely gutted, a was praying Duff missed to make it 5-0, then that bastard scores. A cant criticise Carr cos e wouldve left his man, gutted though. Never mind av lost nowt.

Delighted with the show the neet, but its tinged with anguish for me tonight, I had £3 (fuck aal) on Toon 4-0 and Owen first goal 75/1, honest am fuckin absolutely gutted, a was praying Duff missed to make it 5-0, then that bastard scores. A cant criticise Carr cos e wouldve left his man, gutted though. Never mind av lost nowt.

I was in the exact same fucking boat :nufc: Whey, I only had a quid on but £75 is a lot round Weshy way.

44360975keeganpars7.jpg

Does Ashley look like Thomas The Tank Engine in this picture, or is it just me? Chooo Chooooo

Just you, but Keegan had just been nutted by a baldy bloke, so i guess Ashley was letting off a bit steam

Guest stevieintoon
When I took the dog out tonight after the match finished all I could here was '1 Kevin Keegan' coming from the ground. I live in Heaton

Part timer

Guest stevieintoon
Thought he'd go back. I hope he does a good job for you lads :nufc:

Ye naa what came in to my head when I seen your post, Frank Gallagoh being sick on his lottery ticket.

Thought he'd go back. I hope he does a good job for you lads :icon_lol:

OMG GIRL ON THE BOARD.

Check your PMs. Are you single? :nufc:

Fuck off Ben!

She's mine, flowers ordered an all :nufc:

Written by Les Ferdinand

on Wednesday, 16 January 2008

Kevin Keegan is a great man-manager. I've always said if you can manage players properly then they will respond for you. He was able to get the best out of the players he brought to the club and the players he had there with his unique style of playing. He wanted to attack. We were going to lose games but we won more than we lost. We'd score four if they scored three. It's going to be a major task and he'll know that more than anybody. He'll have got his sights set on who he wants to bring in and the way he wants to play. He may need to get rid of some players and bring in some new blood and he'll get time to do that. No other manager would probably get that time as we saw with Sam Allardyce. Kevin will get time and hopefully be able to turn it around. It'd be great to see him win them something. Kevin's used to making some pretty big decisions. One of them was selling Andy Cole and I always remember him coming out onto the steps appeasing the supporters and saying: 'Trust me'. It will be a massive circus surrounding him, right from the first game against Bolton, but he knows how to deal with it and cope with it. He'll be looking forward to getting going. The scary thing was he came so close last time but he left not through footballing reasons. People say when you go somewhere you will always find it difficult to go back and replicate it but it's a special, unique place and the pull proved too difficult for him to turn down. I certainly think he's the best man to do it. He came very close before, even if it was over 10 years ago, but if there's anyone who understands what needs to be done and the way it needs to be done, it's Kevin Keegan.

As long as he brings the right people in alongside him, I'm sure he'll make a success of it. I wish him all the best, I really do.

KEVIN KEEGAN made a sensational return to Newcastle last night, sparking astonishing scenes on Tyneside.

The Toon legend, back at St James’ Park 4,025 days after quitting as boss, was named as the shock replacement for Sam Allardyce.

Keegan, 56, watched from the directors’ box as Newcastle beat Stoke 4-1 in their FA Cup third-round replay — to seal a fourth-round clash at Arsenal.

He said: “It’s nice to be home. I’m delighted to be back.”

And Toon chairman Chris Mort added: “I think we’ve got the right man in the end.”

Keegan, out of the game since leaving Manchester City in 2005, has signed a 3½-year deal worth a whopping £20million.

The news triggered waves of Keeganmania across Newcastle, with fans snapping up shirts emblazoned with their messiah’s name.

At 2.30pm yesterday only 30,000 tickets had been sold for last night’s clash. When news of his appointment broke, thousands more were sold in minutes.

The ex-England chief, who has been running his soccer school in Glasgow, landed the job following a final round of talks yesterday and will be given a £50m war chest by owner Mike Ashley to spend now and in the summer.

He will also move quickly to appoint a No 2, with Derek Fazackerley — his long-time aide who is currently at Manchester City — in the running along with Chris Coleman, John Carver and Portsmouth assistant Tony Adams.

Keegan to replay a black and white love supreme

Whether it ends in tears or not, Kevin Keegan's relationship with the Newcastle fans will ensure a warm welcome

Richard Williams

January 17, 2008 12:00 AM

It is hard to imagine anyone in football, from his old adversary Sir Alex Ferguson at the top of the Premier League to the most casual watcher of Match of the Day, suppressing an instinctive smile at the news of Kevin Keegan's return to St James's Park. By inviting the great enthusiast back into the game the board of Newcastle United have made the one decision guaranteed to earn them a period of virtually unanimous approval and gratitude.

Keegan is a Yorkshireman whose greatest feats as a player were achieved in the shirts of Liverpool and Hamburg. But Newcastle is where he belongs. In the great stadium that looms over the capital of the north-east, his endearing emotional incontinence found its perfect echo.

His statistics go some of the way to explaining the affection in which he is held by the Geordie fans. As a player between 1982 and 1984 he gave them 48 goals in 78 games, the highest average of his professional career. As the manager from 1992 to 1997 he presided over 249 league and cup matches, winning 55.4% of them and drawing 20.1% - the best figures of any manager in the Magpies' history. Among the players he brought to the club during that period were Andrew Cole, Peter Beardsley, Les Ferdinand, David Ginola and Alan Shearer.

Until his first spell as a manager reached its climax with that ill-fated 12-point lead over Ferguson's Manchester United on January 22 1996, it had been euphoria all the way. He had been brought back to Newcastle by Sir John Hall, who had created the Metro Centre as a cornerstone of the city's revival, harboured the vision of developing Newcastle into a multi-platform sports club to rival Barcelona and Real Madrid and believed he had found the perfect front man. Keegan was given a house in the grounds of Hall's estate, Wynyard Hall. As tied cottages and feudal relationships go, it was some kind of idyll for the son of an Armthorpe miner.

Keegan's rapport with the fans was wonderfully intimate. He ran open training sessions at Durham University's sports ground, where the fans could gather each morning to watch the manager and his assistant and former Anfield team-mate Terry McDermott attempt to make mugs of the current squad in the eight-a-side games that were his idea of preparation for the weekend's big match.

He is not an angel and can respond badly to criticism. But a personal memory from that time is of half an hour spent observing him at Heathrow airport one evening, as he was drawn into conversation with a couple of supporters while waiting to board the evening shuttle to Newcastle. Unusually for Keegan, he looked drained, like a businessman at the end of a day of awkward meetings. He could have said a brief hello to the fans, signed an autograph or two and politely retreated into the contents of his briefcase. Instead he gave them the full 30 minutes and every sign of his fullest attention.

That era was to end in anticlimax. Ferguson's team remorselessly overhauled Newcastle's lead to win the 1995-96 title, with Keegan's £7.5m capture of Faustino Asprilla, the sporadically brilliant but hideously infuriating Colombian striker, widely blamed as the catalyst and symbol of the sudden decline. There were other disappointments, starting with defeat against United in the following season's Charity Shield. On a wider front Hall's achievements never quite matched his stated ambitions, and the club's administration began to drift into a period of self-indulgence and negligence that would reach its nadir shortly after Keegan had been replaced by Kenny Dalglish, when the chairman and vice-chairman, Freddy Shepherd and Douglas Hall (Sir John's son), were lured by the News of the World into making insulting remarks about the club's fans and players, not to mention the women of Newcastle.

When Keegan resigned on January 8 1997 the team were lying fourth in the Premier League. He had taken them, he said, as far as he could. It was an impulsive gesture in keeping with other pivotal decisions he had made and would still make throughout his career, but the entropy within the club was already making itself apparent and he could consider himself well out of it.

Now he is right back in it, eyeing the chance to erase the memory of the two incidents that define his managerial career so far. The first was the notoriously ill-judged televised outburst aimed at Ferguson in April 1996, when the dream of a black and white championship was crumbling between his fingers. The second was his resignation from the job of England manager on October 7 2000, when he brought his 21-month tenure to an end after the 1-0 defeat by Germany at Wembley with the typically honest and unguarded declaration that he had "come up short" in his tactical thinking.

No lover of English football will begrudge him the opportunity to redeem those lapses or the chance to write a new chapter in the history of an extraordinary club. The cavalier has entered the gates and the roundheads are in flight. It may all end in tears. But the noise when he makes his return on Saturday evening will be worth hearing.

Guess what I was doing right before I heard Keegan was back?!?!

Jumping starting my car, silly mug I am left the lights on all day (rushing to catch the train!)

Let's hope the King jump starts this club =)

:nufc:

:icon_lol:

:nufc:

Jim Smith

Former Newcastle manager Jim Smith warned that Keegan faces a much tougher task.

He labelled the decision to appoint him as a "knee-jerk reaction" by owner Mike Ashley and chairman Chris Mort, but admits the fans will be happy to see him back in charge.

"It's a knee-jerk reaction to everything that has gone on but I hope it works out for Newcastle - for the fans and the club," he said.

"We all know he was a great player and his emotions run high - possibly too high at times - and he expects his teams to play as he did. That means they are positive and attack-minded and that is what the Geordies like.

"From the day he left there the Premier League has got much harder and much more technical. All the clubs have got stronger and the competition is fiercer. There is a higher class of players throughout the top half of the league so it is going to be difficult.

"You can see already that the crowds love him because he's an idol up there. The Geordies moan and groan, but they are also the biggest optimists around.

"They will all be turning up at the next few games hoping Kevin can turn things around and give them what they want."

2008011618gyi0051220313qg4.jpg

2008011619gyi0051220387pp6.jpg

Edited by @yourservice

The lad in front of us was jumping all over the shop when they scored. He looked a bit worried when we started having a go, quick to explain he'd had a few quid on 4-1. :nufc:

Belter.

True Faith

So, we're all at work and the mobile phones are exploding all over the joint. People with hitherto no expression of interest in football let alone the affairs of Newcastle United are running up and down corridors, giggling and telling all in sundry "Keegan's back at Newcastle". I'll be utterly honest, I was absolutely dumbfounded, clocked off and just waited for the avalanche of texts and phone calls. And in they came. "What do you think?" being chanted out like a mantra.

What I think is this - people are happy, people are optimistic, possibly massively overly so but people who love the club are excited, they are thinking of good times and fondly loved fellows, people are looking forward to going to SJP again and everyone is positive. That's a good thing and that's a start.

Despite the grotesque misfortune to have been sat next to the worst bloke in the world at the Stoke game who sang "Your late and you know you are" as I sat down (he deserved a good scudding to be honest, but he was bigger than me so I got my revenge by making sly, knowing looks to the lads behind him who were on full cup game whopper alert and calling him Tim Nice But Dim on account of his Scenty Bottle patta), harassed to fucking death, its obvious the ground was buzzing, though it could have been laughing at Stoke City fans and the worst accent in the world - "Kigin uz a winkur" - apparently.

People, if you are happy, then we've decided to suspend reason, caution and everything we've been hammering on about in the last 9 years at true faith, and we'll be happy with you. Saturday promises to be one of those days when the whole ground is packed to the gills with happy, people, proud of their club and expectant about seeing some good football which will lift them from the mundanity of everyday life and thrill us with the skills of professional footballers who practice playing football every day. Players who will pass, dribble, shoot, think, run and all of the things which makes football such a joyous feast for the huddled masses.

There are loads of positives about Keegan back at NUFC. Firstly, the players if they have anything about them whatsoever will enjoy going into training, will enjoy playing football, will feel as though they can express themselves as footballers and they will be encouraged to do so and they will never feel more confident. KK will get another 10-15% from them. Players like Emre, Duff, N'Zogbia, Milner, Owen, Ameobi, Viduka et al will never feel more loved for their skills, will never have felt the schoolboy exuberance of what it is to play football. Secondly, all the shite we've heard over the last few years about managers "losing the dressing room" is now over. KK never lost an NUFC dressing room. The players will know everything about pulling on a B&W shirt and what it means. The players will have pace, passion and purpose. Thirdly, Kevin Keegan is the most successful disciplinarian there has ever been as manager at NUFC. His players don't dick about at this club, they train 100% and they are committed to the club or they are fucked off. Fourtly, something which will appeal to Mort-Ashley - the intensity of our support will increase in equal measure to the profile of the club locally, regionally and internationally. Keegan at NUFC is big box office.

But. And there are loads of buts. After the Ra-Ra-Ra of this week slows down and the dust settles. Huge questions remain. By his own admission, KK isn't a great tactician, isn't a great coach and needs to appoint the men who will give the players the direction they need in those areas. Expectations are sky high now but the football landscape on which KK climbed with NUFC in the mid-90s has changed massively. It is far tougher now to make progress then it was 15 years ago. The Premiership has become segmented, with the top 4 forming a cosy cup winning monopoly with those outside having to be content with talk of the top 6 and a decent cup run. This is the modern world. Ladies and gentlemen, curb your enthusiasm. Keep a sense of proportion in what can be delivered this season or next and the one after that. It will take a lot of money for NUFC to get back to where it was when KK left eleven years ago.

There has to be a plan. KK and his circle of coaches (please appoint proper ones with fancy badges and a bit of a clue about how to lock down a game and do some of the ugly stuff please) need to look after the first team squad but for God's sake the Academy has to be addressed. This just can't be a pop star gimmick of a managerial appointment with the forlorn hope of turning the clock back.

There are rumours doing the rounds that Chris Coleman could be a No.2 to KK. What a great appointment that would be - Coleman is a bright, tough young coach who did a great job at Fulham and knows his way around The Premiership. There is no place for Alan Shearer on KK's coaching team because Gosforth's finest, just isn't a qualified coach and if one day he is to come to NUFC as manager, then I'm afraid Shearer needs to go and get his hands dirty at a bit of "a nothing club" - like Keane at Sunderland (Roy's words not mine). But Coleman will need to be joined by others with a proven track record in what they do. The infrastructure needs building up, we need a scouting network to get all over the world and bring the best to NUFC. The club needs to think in the long term far more deeply and strategically than it ever has before.

We'll be welcoming Kevin back to the club, he is one of Newcastle United's favourite sons but we don't want to go back to the future and all the mistakes that were made back then amongst the good times we had. We want better from everyone at Newcastle United.

Welcome back King Kev!

Keep On, Keepin' On ...