It's KEEGAN

@yourservice

Man City fan dropping by to wish King Kev all the best at the Toon.

We'll give him a warm welcome back at City next time you visit and he'll always have our respect.

He's back where he belongs though and I hope he brings you the success a club like Newcastle deserve.....but not before we get a bit if that's ok? :icon_lol:

and before you ask no, we dont want Joey back thanks all the same.

Good luck.

Cloudy

Man City fan dropping by to wish King Kev all the best at the Toon.

We'll give him a warm welcome back at City next time you visit and he'll always have our respect.

He's back where he belongs though and I hope he brings you the success a club like Newcastle deserve.....but not before we get a bit if that's ok? B)

and before you ask no, we dont want Joey back thanks all the same.

Good luck.

Cloudy

:icon_lol:

What did Owen say about KK in his book? That must have passed me by.

Linky

'I used to go into games believing the opposition was scared of me. That belief evaporated when I played under Keegan' - Michael Owen in his autobiography

Michael Owen was a national hero after breaking into England's team at the 1998 World Cup under Glenn Hoddle. But he feared the worst when Keegan took over to revive the ailing Euro 2000 campaign.

Later, writing in his autobiography, he recalled: "For me, the warning signs were all there on the training pitch.

Owen did not enjoy playing for Keegan at Euro 2000

"I assume the manager had conveyed to his staff what he thought of me, and plainly it wasn't complimentary.

"I felt I was being singled out, not just by the manager but the whole coaching staff."

A 3-2 defeat to Romania put England out of Euro 2000. Owen missed the ball completely after 15 seconds. He wrote: "A terrible thought filled my head: 'That's exactly what he wants me to do, because it confirms what he's been saying all week'.

"Guess what? When I caught sight of the manager he was throwing up his arms, shaking his head and gesticulating at the coaches as if to say: 'Did you see that?'.

"That, I can assure you, is one of the worst feelings in the world.

"I used to go into games believing that the opposition was scared of me and that nothing could get in my way.

"That feeling, that belief, evaporated at times when I played under Keegan. "I don't think Keegan had any sort of personal agenda against me, I just think that as England manager at a major tournament he felt under enormous pressure and he needed something or someone to blame.

"I was an easy target. I wasn't on top of my game."

Is the way the press are homing in on the Owen / Keegan relationship pissing anyone else off?? It's almost like they can no longer knock us for not getting 100% behind the manager so lets drive a rift between him and his most expensive asset.

Smacks of the situation we had when Gullit became boss. All they focused on was what Ruud had said about Shearer before he was anything to do with our club. They never let go and in the end, I think contributed massively to the rift the two of them had.

Also adds weight to the argument that sportsmen shouldn't be writing their fucking memoirs until they've retired.

My Keegan times video has had a shit load of views man over the last day. One amazing comment as well.

Special K is back! the entertainers ar gonna be back! im physically shaking, if they bring him in on a choppa il cry and then jizz in my pants. KEEEEEEEEEGAAAN!!!!!!!

My money's on Bawan. :icon_lol:

My Keegan times video has had a shit load of views man over the last day. One amazing comment as well.

Special K is back! the entertainers ar gonna be back! im physically shaking, if they bring him in on a choppa il cry and then jizz in my pants. KEEEEEEEEEGAAAN!!!!!!!

My money's on Bawan. :icon_lol:

B)

Anelka: Keegan's A Great Boss

Nicolas Anelka has heaped praise on the man who brought him back to English football with Manchester City...

New Chelsea forward Nicolsa Anelka had some kind words for Newcastle United manager Kevin Keegan, who is about to begin his second stint at St. James' Park. Keegan signed Anelka for Manchester City from Paris Saint-Germain after the Frenchman's move away from Arsenal, and still has fond memories of his time in the north-west.

Anelka said to Sky Sports News, ""I think it is good for the Premier League and for English football. I worked with him at City and had a wonderful time with him. He's a great manager. "When I used to play for City I liked working with him, and I think the Newcastle players will enjoy [working with him]. "He brings you a smile on the pitch, and I think they need it, so he will be good for them. "He used to be a striker. So for the strikers it is very good because you play a lot of games and you have a lot of exercise in front of the goal. "He was very good. It is good when you can speak with the manager. He used to be a very good player. "He knows everything about football. He played me a lot when I had a hard time at Manchester City. I think it's great, just great." Anelka spent two and a half seasons at Eastlands, leaving the club months before Keegan in early 2005. He scored 37 League goals during his time in the light blue.

Also adds weight to the argument that sportsmen shouldn't be writing their fucking memoirs until they've retired.

Very good point. I bet Owen didn't see their career paths crossing again!

For some reason I've got a feeling Owen won't buy into KK's passion and motivation, he seems quite detached to me.

Just read the entire thread from start to finish, I am buzzing. As for my thoughts on the subject, I just sent this to my sneering Man Utd supporting mate:

"I don't give a fuck what you or any other cunt thinks, makes fuck all sense but we're back on the rollercoaster again rather than the clapped out bus to nowhere. Bring it on."

I actually think this is exactly what the club needs, we have had a cloud over us since Bobby left, Keegan is the man to lift it. With the fans behind them, the players can achieve anything.

Just read the entire thread from start to finish, I am buzzing. As for my thoughts on the subject, I just sent this to my sneering Man Utd supporting mate:

"I don't give a fuck what you or any other cunt thinks, makes fuck all sense but we're back on the rollercoaster again rather than the clapped out bus to nowhere. Bring it on."

I actually think this is exactly what the club needs, we have had a cloud over us since Bobby left, Keegan is the man to lift it. With the fans behind them, the players can achieve anything.

It's not just a case of motivation either, he's far from the worst manager in the league. He does have his moments where he's massively naive and the pressure gets to him but if Nigel fucking Pearson can get our lot playing 'carpet football' and winning 4-1, albeit against Stoke, then Keegan should have no problems :icon_lol:

Guest stevieintoon
The reaction to Keegan taking the Newcastle job has really surprised me.

I am amazed about how much coverage it is getting.

I am stunned that everybody thinks it is going to work out really well.

I am shocked that nobody has pointed out what happened in the seasons following the 2nd place, what happened with England and Man City.

I am laughing because Newcastle fans seem happy about it all!

I am smiling after a comment made by Keegan today "Last time I joined we were worried about whether or not we could fill the stadium or not". Then later on sombody said that "Newcastle fans are so loyal and passionate"! A classic moment!

Why do the media seem to have a preference for Newcastle and Liverpool? Compared to similar sized clubs these two seem to get more "pundit" comment and coverage and I really dont know why. I mean compare this circus to the sacking of Jol/appointment of Ramos, or similar events at Chelsea, then the size of fanbases. Amazing.

nov1906_dport_181b.jpg

Who'd have thought that was written by a Tottenham fan? I think Newcastle and Liverpool are more interesting clubs, with more interesting supports than Spurs or Chelsea. As a nation Spurs are just there, no one cares enough really, the thing with us is if you like football in this country you will have an opinion on NUFC, most of it is bad like, but as King Eric famously said, it is good to be be talked about even if it is bad, because eet shows you exeest. He's right.

Totally agree. KK is ready and we were ready for him....Even though on the surface it looks wrong, it feels right imo.

The whole support / fair weather fan arguement boils my piss and is usually spouted by people who know fuck all about football in the 80's.

Bobby moments from Keegan...

'Alongside me is Keggy Keegle - sorry, Kevin Keegle...' - Brian Moore

'It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card.'

'The ref was vertically 15 yards away.'

'There are two schools of thought on the way the rest of this half is going to develop; everybody's got their own opinion...'

'Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late twenties or thirties.'

'This could be a repeat of the final.'

'The game has gone rather scrappy as both sides realise they could win this match or lose it.'

'I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona.'

'England can end the millenium as it started - as the greatest football nation in the world.'

'They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different'

'Despite his white boots, he has real pace...'

'You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw...'

'He can't speak Turkey, but you can tell he's delighted.'

'There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight.'

'...using his strength. And that is his strength, his strength.'

'One of his strengths is not heading' (of course, one of Keggy's strengths is not talking)

'Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice.'

'I'm not disappointed - just disappointed.'

'The tide is very much in our court now.'

'Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose.'

'That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved.'

'I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different.'

'A tremendous strike which hit the defender full on the arm - and it nearly came off.'

'The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game'

'The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today.'

'That decision, for me, was almost certainly definitely wrong.'

'I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon.'

'Hungary is very similar to Bulgaria. I know they're different countries...'

'In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg.'

'The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful.'

'England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second-to-none'

'It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney.'

'I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time.'

'It could be far worse for me if it was easy for me.'

'Discipline is not only very important, it's crucial.'

'Young Gareth Barry - he's young'

'Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America.'

'They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that.'

'You don't get two chances at this level, or at any other level for that matter.'

'You're not just getting international football, you're getting world football'

'Kanu, a guy with a heart as big as he is'

'Luis Figo is totally different to David Beckham, and vice versa'

'Football's always easier when you've got the ball'

'They don't come every three days, like they come after this one'

'I want more from David Beckham. I want him to improve on perfection.'

'The tide is very much in our court now.'

'There's a slight doubt about only one player, and that's Tony Adams, who definitely won't be playing tomorrow.'

'We have spent three matches chasing a football.'

'It’s no longer an 11 man game.'

'The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23'

'For some it's the ultimate job, for the others it's the last job.'

'I've had an interest in racing all my life, or longer really.'

'We managed to wrong a few rights.'

'We are three games without defeat is another way of looking at it. But if we are honest we have taken two points from nine'

'He'll also be very dangerous from set-pieces. That means he'll be a threat from free-kicks and corners in the final third of the field.'

'Danny Tiatto is not going to make a mistake on purpose'

'I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again'

'You need 88 points for the title and we’ve got 61 at present with 16 games to go, but if you set targets you limit yourself'

'We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half'

'He’s got a heart as big as his size, which isn’t big, but his heart’s bigger than that'

'Well, if that's true then it would be a big suprise, but then nothing surprises me in football these days.'

'You get bunches of players like you do bananas, though that is a bad comparison.'

'Not many teams will come to Arsenal and get anything, home or away'

'Shaun Wright-Phillips has got a big heart. It's as big as him, which isn't very big, but it's bigger'

'Nicolas Anelka left Arsenal for £23million and they built a training ground on him'

'As far as I'm concerned, Danny Tiatto doesn't exist'

'One team with destiny already decided...'

'Maine Road was a great football stadium but as time moved on it stayed where it is...'

http://www.geocities.com/SouthBeach/Palms/6687/keggy.html