The mind of Ashley.

Park Life

Of course everything about this appointment is so wrong it almost could be right.

Mixed emotions all around us and scant regard will be paid to logic for some time. Ashley for me has acted and unlike him in this instance with an emotional descision when faced with his first real test. It is almost childlike in its beauty and simple in the way it reveals everything at once about how Ashley sees the needs of the club.

It is of course utter madness....But deep down we all feel there is a chance it might work.

I'm not having this cautious optimism.

Blind optimism is how you win games and it needs to come from the manager, players and fans. As shown last night. Pure belief.

If you have no faith, then the messiah can't welcome you through the gates of heaven to everlasting enlightenment.

Keegan will surpass even his previous achievements at the club.

:nufc:

...for every drop of rain that falls, a flower grows...

Count me in on the bandwagon. I've become so disillusioned and cynical recently that a dose of mid-90s-style rollercoasterism is probably just the tonic.

I'm not having this cautious optimism.

Blind optimism is how you win games and it needs to come from the manager, players and fans. As shown last night. Pure belief.

If you have no faith, then the messiah can't welcome you through the gates of heaven to everlasting enlightenment.

Keegan will surpass even his previous achievements at the club.

:nufc:

Dreams win prizes. :nufc:

What have we got to lose when you think about it? Despite the predictable cynicism in much of the press, Keegan will first and foremost get the best out of these players who are far better than Allardyce made them look. With Keegan back Newcastle are big Box Office again, that will be worth it's worth in gold and Ashley's not stupid, he'll have considered it.

And who's to say anyone else was going to be a guaranteed success anyway?

I'd go with the comment SpongeBob applied to Keegan/Shearer in the runners thread.

"Hilarious, magnificent, stupid"

I think the reason people are backing Ashley is that they think "If I was in his position and I was asked for an instinctive answer to who should manage us what would I say" - if you give people a couple of seconds they'd probably say Mourinho or Wenger but we're all so fucked up I'll bet shit loads would say Keegan.

Of course an antithesis to the turgid dross and depression of Allardyce is a factor in that.

The appointment already seems to have invigorated the fan base. On last night's showing, it might seem even the players are excited. This might be the worst appointment ever, but it just might well be the best.

It's a while since I was this excited about football.

No way Keegan would have come without plenty money to spend and if it isn't forthcoming he'll go and tell everyone why so I'm not worried at all on that score. I don't expect to see anyone coming this transfer window though.

Aye. A good thing about Keegan is his refusal to compromise. Once he thought he was compromising last time he just went. He can live with or without football.

You can be sure the players that come will be the players he wants.

No way Keegan would have come without plenty money to spend and if it isn't forthcoming he'll go and tell everyone why so I'm not worried at all on that score. I don't expect to see anyone coming this transfer window though.

Hard to see how Keegan would know which players he wants having been out of the game so long. In any case, I reckon we have a pretty decent squad to get us by seeing as we aren't going anywhere this season. Perfect for getting Keegers feet under the table and then launching an all out assault in the summer.

Hard to see how Keegan would know which players he wants having been out of the game so long. In any case, I reckon we have a pretty decent squad to get us by seeing as we aren't going anywhere this season. Perfect for getting Keegers feet under the table and then launching an all out assault in the summer.

After the match he said he's arrived with a good quality squad so I don't think he sees an overhaul being needed.

Oh yes the assault is coming and it has been a long time coming and for this the coming won't be like before it has been away replenished its ferric self, its magnetic coils - the dark sleeping universe will bend to its will.....It is here...Don't you feel it?

Oh yes the assault is coming and it has been a long time coming and for this the coming won't be like before it has been away replenished its ferric self, its magnetic coils - the dark sleeping universe will bend to its will.....It is here...Don't you feel it?

As far as I'm concerned Keegan's got some unfinished business to take care of :nufc:

The appointment already seems to have invigorated the fan base. On last night's showing, it might seem even the players are excited. This might be the worst appointment ever, but it just might well be the best.

It's a while since I was this excited about football.

sums up my feelings. all my pals down here think i've lost the plot and every rational bone in my body is telling me it's a barmy appointment. he's a dinosaur; yesterday's man; things have moved on since he was last in charge....

.... but it might just work

i dunno. i wouldn't rule out one or two coming in. there's still a couple of weeks left before the window closes

i dunno. i wouldn't rule out one or two coming in. there's still a couple of weeks left before the window closes

I did hear he wasn't interested in bringing anyone in until the summer.

I think its a master stroke by Ashley.

I think he epitimises what NUFC is all about - I'm not expecting him to turn things around straight away

but he has giving me my appetite back for Newcastle United.

Acctually looking forward to Saturdays game and hope that its a full house with strong support

It's been a while since I have felt this good about football