The infamous "love it" rant

NJS

Played ad nauseum on SSN last night.

I didn't see it live - I was at the Leeds match but I remember all my mates thinking it was fantastic at the time - is summed up his passion and we saw it as putting Taggart in his place.

Nowadays its seen as amusing, pathetic, embarassing and an illustration of a man who'd lost the plot and that Taggart had won the mind games.

How did you feel about it then?

Do you feel the same way now or has time made it a bit cringeworthy? (probably how I feel)

I didn't see it live - I was at the Leeds match but I remember all my mates thinking it was fantastic at the time - is summed up his passion and we saw it as putting Taggart in his place.

Nowadays its seen as amusing, pathetic, embarassing and an illustration of a man who'd lost the plot and that Taggart had won the mind games.

Do you feel the same way now or has time made it a bit cringeworthy? (probably how I feel)

I saw it live on telly. I was at the Forest game two days later like :nufc:

I think he just lost it and I reckon Ferguson would have known his ploy worked and it got to him. Fair play I suppose. Tbf, they kissed and made up afterwards.

I think he just lost it and I reckon Ferguson would have known his ploy worked and it got to him. Fair play I suppose. Tbf, they kissed and made up afterwards.

I've always thought that the horrible red faced cunt was being his normal childish obnoxious self and as usual the media licked his arse clean

Agreed, it was the moment Ferguson knew he'd got the better of him.

At the time I loved it. It looked to me like Keegan wanted to strap his boots on and get out there and win the title himself. It's generally seen as Keegan losing it, but I thought then and still to this day, that the players just lacked a bit of bottle when it came to the crunch.

Sick of seeing it now like. At the time I was right behind Kev saying it and didnt mind. I dont find it cringeworthy now, just sick of it getting played over and over and over.

I saw it live on telly. I was at the Forest game two days later like :icon_lol:

I've always thought that the horrible red faced cunt was being his normal childish obnoxious self and as usual the media licked his arse clean

Agree with that. Wasnt mind games or any bulshit like that to wind Keegan up as nobody (Fergie included) would have expected him to be that bothered and react to criticism of other teams in the prem.

I wasn't bothered Keegan did it either at the time as Fergie gets on my tits as well, but i wouldn't have advised him to do it on TV as it was always going to be thrown back at him when we didnt win the title.

However if the roles had been reversed it would no doubt have been Fergie just showing his passion for the game or something like that! Of course Keegan would never have said what Fergie did were the roles reveresed to start the whole thing off.

I think it hinged on whether we actually won it. If it had worked, people would have said it was a masterstroke by him to get the players fired up for it, however, as we didnt people say that it was when Keegan lost it.

I think it hinged on whether we actually won it. If it had worked, people would have said it was a masterstroke by him to get the players fired up for it, however, as we didnt people say that it was when Keegan lost it.

Spot on really :icon_lol: