'Jocks'

Glasgow Mag

I know that a 'jock' is supposed to look like the following, and I know that it's mainly an American phenomenon, but can anyone actually attach meaning to the word? Does anyone on here consider themself to be a 'jock' in the true meaning of the word? Just wondering.

56%20-%20Jock.jpg

I don't think we've got a group with the exact same mentality as American Jocks, but I'd imagine the closest we've got are FHM readers and Rugger Buggers. Maybe "trendies"?

Think stella drinker, Ben Sherman shirts, like dance music and sportswear (but not quite chavers), think eating hot curries makes them hard, go out on stag do's in matching t-shirts with "Psyco", "Penetrator" and "Baldy Cunt" on their backs. Become big England fans, but only when the World Cup and Euro's are on. Read the Sun and the Star.

Edited by BlueStar

I don't think we've got a group with the exact same mentality as American Jocks, but I'd imagine the closest we've got are FHM readers and Rugger Buggers.  Maybe "trendies"?

Think stella drinker, Ben Sherman shirts, like dance music and sportswear (but not quite chavers), think eating hot curries makes them hard, go out on stag do's in matching t-shirts with "Psyco", "Penetrator" and "Baldy Cunt" on their backs.  Become big England fans, but only when the World Cup and Euro's are on.  Read the Sun and the Star.

3267[/snapback]

Aren't they called cock ends?

Aye :razz:

Had lots of time to study our particular breed of jock from working in bars in Whitley on Ban Holiday weekend. Tend to have pretty well paying jobs for young lads, plasterers, telephone reps, sales men for mobile or sofa shops. 9-5 jobs with weekends and night free to get ratted. Single, sleeps around with sort of "classy slappers", who again aren't really chavers, but like their little dresses and fake tan. Don't go out looking for trouble, and can be quite sound, but will certainly have been arrested once or twice for drunken scuffles.

I reckon that breed of ours is the closest we have to the American jock.

Edited by BlueStar

Aye  :razz:

Had lots of time to study our particular breed of jock from working in bars in Whitley on Ban Holiday weekend.  Tend to have pretty well paying jobs for young lads, plasterers, telephone reps, sales men for mobile or sofa shops.  9-5 jobs with weekends and night free to get ratted.  Single, sleeps around with sort of "classy slappers", who again aren't really chavers, but like their little dresses and fake tan.  Don't go out looking for trouble, and can be quite sound, but will certainly have been arrested once or twice for drunken scuffles.

3278[/snapback]

Fit but shit?

Aye  :angry:

Had lots of time to study our particular breed of jock from working in bars in Whitley on Ban Holiday weekend.  Tend to have pretty well paying jobs for young lads, plasterers, telephone reps, sales men for mobile or sofa shops.  9-5 jobs with weekends and night free to get ratted.  Single, sleeps around with sort of "classy slappers", who again aren't really chavers, but like their little dresses and fake tan.  Don't go out looking for trouble, and can be quite sound, but will certainly have been arrested once or twice for drunken scuffles.

3278[/snapback]

It's well evident you live in Whitley Bay. :razz:

A jock- here in the states is generally a sports minded individual who thinks he's better than everyone else due to his 'abilities'. IE any arrogant person heavily into sports. ALSO can be used as an alternative to the adjective 'butch' when describing a lesbian's proclivities*.

* had to go and recheck that spelling a couple of times didn't you you dorty pervs!