Van Buyten open to Magpies

Jimbo

Daniel van Buyten's agent has hinted the Bayern Munich defender could be tempted by a move to Newcastle United.

Reports have claimed that the Belgium international is among the players new Magpies boss Kevin Keegan is looking to sign before the close of the transfer window.

Van Buyten's future with Bayern is uncertain, with the centre-half struggling to secure regular football this season.

He recently admitted that he may be interested in a switch to Scottish champions Celtic, while Premier League clubs are also in his trail.

The former Marseille stopper played under Keegan at Manchester City after spending the second half of the 2003/04 season with the club.

Appreciated

And, according to his representative Christophe Henrotay, a reunion with Keegan at St James' Park would not be ruled out.

"Daniel would like to carry on doing his job at Bayern, but I have said to Kevin, 'Anything can happen, the truth today is not the truth tomorrow'," said Henrotay in The Guardian.

Loan deal mebbies? Haven't seen him play for a while.

He was a class act for Hamburg here in Jormany. Didn't really maintain this standard for Bayern where he looked dodgy at times. He has fallen down the pecking order but did reasonable well when he came in just before the winter break due to Lucio getting a four match ban.

I am not too sure if Bayern want to let him go now though as they don't have many back up players. They already got rid of two centre halves (Ismael to Hannover and their promising youngster Hummels on loan to Dortmund). They signed the Brazilian Breno but it is unlikely they want to throw him in immidiately.

But Bayern are contemplating to loan out/sell Podolski...

Edited by Isegrim

He was a class act for Hamburg here in Jormany. Didn't really maintain this standard for Bayern where he looked dodgy at times. He has fallen down the pecking order but did reasonable well when he came in just before the winter break due to Lucio getting a four match ban.

I am not too sure if Bayern want to let him go now though as they don't have many back up players. They already got rid of two centre halves (Ismael to Hannover and their promising youngster Hummels on loan to Dortmund). They signed the Brazilian Breno but it is unlikely they want to throw him immidiately.

Shame Allardyce has gone, he could have done a job for us at sweeper.

I am not too sure if Bayern want to let him go now though as they don't have many back up players. They already got rid of two centre halves (Ismael to Hannover and their promising youngster Hummels on loan to Dortmund). They signed the Brazilian Breno but it is unlikely they want to throw him immidiately.

FMtasticaliscious.

FMtasticaliscious.

Rather Backleytastic without my edit tbh. :blush:

Not a bad shout, neither is Sol Campbell for the short term. I hope someone's made Keegan aware of Faye's capabilities, as I think he's the best central defender we've got. Whoever comes in should be alongside, not in place of Faye.

Isegrim, any idea if it's difficult to get tickets to Bayern's home games? I was looking to get over in March at some stage. They seem to get 69,000 capacity every bastard game though!

Yep, really difficult. They do have a sort of public sale for 15,000 tickets but most tickets go to club members etc. well in advance as most games are overbooked. I just had a quick look at their website and it looks like that only for the game against Bielefeld tickets might be available.

Not a bad shout, neither is Sol Campbell for the short term. I hope someone's made Keegan aware of Faye's capabilities, as I think he's the best central defender we've got. Whoever comes in should be alongside, not in place of Faye.

I disagree. hes the best weve got at playing the position Rozenhal played on Saturday. At CB id put Taylor and Cacapa ahead of him. I was impressed with Cacapa at the weekend. It looked like he was going to be a liability playing against physical centre forwards but he had Davies in his pocket all game.

I disagree. hes the best weve got at playing the position Rozenhal played on Saturday. At CB id put Taylor and Cacapa ahead of him. I was impressed with Cacapa at the weekend. It looked like he was going to be a liability playing against physical centre forwards but he had Davies in his pocket all game.

Cacapa has had some good games, some bad. Faye has looked rock solid in every game he's played IMO. He's done well in CM as well, but he looks like a defender first and foremost.