moving house

Radgina

...whats the crack with getting broadband transferred and does it really take a fortnight :blush:

Who's your provider?

Ours worked the day after we moved in, but that was Virgin and included the phone/tv package.

If you are changing your address and phone number the transfer will take approx 10-15 days. If you are changing address and keeping the same number the transfer takes approx 15-20 days. These times are set by BT as the transfer involves a BT engineer visiting your local exchange.

Straight of the Tiscal (read shite service provider) website although like it says, its BT who dictate this.

being a total non nerd if I have a new telephone number in my new gaff can I just change my provider without getting a mac code ??? :razz: I know very little about technical manly things ;)

being a total non nerd if I have a new telephone number in my new gaff can I just change my provider without getting a mac code ??? :razz: I know very little about technical manly things ;)

No, you can just cancel your broadband with one company and use another.

but how long will I have to wait before I get the mac code...I heard Tiscali are notorious for procrastination ??

but how long will I have to wait before I get the mac code...I heard Tiscali are notorious for procrastination ??

You dont need a MAC code. Just set up a new broadband at your new address and cancel the old one.

You dont need a MAC code. Just set up a new broadband at your new address and cancel the old one.

:D cheers ..apologies for being a dumb bint !!

MAC codes are for changing providers at the same house, or presumably if you're taking your number with you, but to a different provider. Aren't you glad they privatised BT, it's so simple now!

Doesn't 2Jags work in this field ?? :razz:

Nop. ;)

Hmmmm. I thought you worked in some sort of wiry type field.

Cleaning drains then, is it?

Has Mrs. Hips been telling again? :D

Nop. ;)

She's mute! My dad always told me to marry a mute girl, thus not having to put up with years of nagging!

Nop. ;)

She's mute! My dad always told me to marry a mute girl, thus not having to put up with years of nagging!

And then she can't tell you about your failings in the sack as well Snakey. :icon_lol:

Nop. ;)

And then she can't tell you about your failings in the sack as well Snakey. :icon_lol:

It's been a bit of a problem over the years. She could well have been saying 'fuck me properly, you useless twat', though I have decided she has been saying 'You are just a great shag, big boy. Fuck me the way only you can. You're just the best.'

:icon_lol:

Edited by snakehips

Nop. ;)

It's been a bit of a problem over the years. She could well have been saying 'fuck me properly, you useless twat', though I have decided she has been saying 'You are just a great shag, big boy. Fuck me the way only you can. You're just the best.'

After seeing the promotional video it's definitely the first option. :icon_lol:

Nop. ;)

Has Mrs. Hips been telling again? :icon_lol:

After seeing the promotional video it's definitely the first option. :icon_lol:

Aye, you could be right. At least she only has two ears to hold on to! :D