Do you have a chip on your shoulder?

Asprilla

nope, the only chip i have is that some of my mates accuse me of being 'posh'. then i have to remind them that i grew up in far worse conditions than them and that just cos my mam and dad have money now doesnt mean that i have. i constantly skint, not rich by association!

36533[/snapback]

Yep, that's the one!

FWIW as I've said before, the most irritating assumption of being middle class is that you don't work hard.

BTW, where did your other post go?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't work hard at all for my money. When I'm at work most of the time I'm sitting back reading comic books because there's too many people working in the inefficient NHS. I'm not allowed to do my job like I do in Australia because it'd make too many people in my department redundant. I'm firmly what you would consider "middle class" and I do fuck all for my money.

nope, the only chip i have is that some of my mates accuse me of being 'posh'. then i have to remind them that i grew up in far worse conditions than them and that just cos my mam and dad have money now doesnt mean that i have. i constantly skint, not rich by association!

36533[/snapback]

Yep, that's the one!

FWIW as I've said before, the most irritating assumption of being middle class is that you don't work hard.

BTW, where did your other post go?

36541[/snapback]

but im not middle class. thats the whole point of my post, the most irritating assumption is that i am. you seem quite scared that someone might mistake you for working class?

but im not middle class. thats the whole point of my post, the most irritating assumption is that i am. you seem quite scared that someone might mistake you for working class?

36548[/snapback]

;)

No, I'm not scared of that. It also doesn't happen because I don't have a "working class" accent.

It seems both sides are as tribal as each other to me.

36548[/snapback]

;)

No, I'm not scared of that. It also doesn't happen because I don't have a "working class" accent.

36550[/snapback]

What's a working class accent? I have a slight Lincolnshire accent. Care to categorise me?

36548[/snapback]

;)

36550[/snapback]

What's a working class accent? I have a slight Lincolnshire accent. Care to categorise me?

36555[/snapback]

Bumpkin? :wacko:

36548[/snapback]

;)

36550[/snapback]

36555[/snapback]

36557[/snapback]

Not heard a Lincolnshire accent recently then? :huh:

36548[/snapback]

;)

36550[/snapback]

36555[/snapback]

36557[/snapback]

Not heard a Lincolnshire accent recently then? :huh:

36559[/snapback]

You mean you don't sound like Pam Ayres?

36555[/snapback]

Sure!

You're an idiot! ;)

A "working class" accent would be one of the following:

Scouse

Leeds

Manc

Brummy

Cockney

Geordie

Glaswegian

Anywhere in fact, where there's a history of coal mining/ship building/cotton mills and other similar physical occupations.

I don't make the rules, so don't blame me.

36555[/snapback]

Sure!

You're an idiot! ;)

Scouse

Leeds

Manc

Brummy

Cockney

Geordie

Glaswegian

Anywhere in fact, where there's a history of coal mining/ship building/cotton mills and other similar physical occupations.

36564[/snapback]

You don't make friends easily either, do you?

36555[/snapback]

Sure!

You're an idiot! :wacko:

Scouse

Leeds

Manc

Brummy

Cockney

Geordie

Glaswegian

36564[/snapback]

Ooh, I was born in a steel producing town. I must be working class. Cheers for clearing that up though. ;)

Has anyone got to the point behind this thread yet? Can we all agree that A-F is just a much better person than us?

36568[/snapback]

You'd be surprised what I was like in real life.

I have a few really good friends but I'm not really one for having tons of meaningless "mates".

I can be antisocial, but when I want to be, I'm a pretty likeable chap.

I use places like this to say the things I'd think but maybe not say. It's like a dummy run to see how poeple think.

36568[/snapback]

I have a few really good friends but I'm not really one for having tons of meaningless "mates".

I use places like this to say the things I'd think but maybe not say. It's like a dummy run to see how poeple think.

36575[/snapback]

So calling Gol an idiot was a sociological experiment?

Ooh, I was born in a steel producing town. I must be working class. Cheers for clearing that up though. ;)

Has anyone got to the point behind this thread yet? Can we all agree that A-F is just a much better person than us?

36573[/snapback]

I never claimed to be better than anyone.

We're all equal. Some good bits, some bad bits.

36573[/snapback]

Attention seeking, at a wild guess.

36568[/snapback]

36575[/snapback]

36577[/snapback]

It was on a plate. I'm sure he's been called worse.

If he's offended then I apologise.

However, he is deliberately getting arsey about an opinion I never personally claimed to hold.

36573[/snapback]

36578[/snapback]

You're doing yourself a disservice there - you're much better at being an annoying twat than most people. :wacko:

36573[/snapback]

Attention seeking, at a wild guess.

36580[/snapback]

No, just trying to have a bit of intelligent debate.

Go back to your working class spreadsheet ;)

36573[/snapback]

36578[/snapback]

You're doing yourself a disservice there - you're much better at being an annoying twat than most people. :wacko:

36584[/snapback]

Hilarious.

36568[/snapback]

36575[/snapback]

36577[/snapback]

It was on a plate. I'm sure he's been called worse.

If he's offended then I apologise.

However, he is deliberately getting arsey about an opinion I never personally claimed to hold.

36581[/snapback]

Petri dish, shirley.

36573[/snapback]

36578[/snapback]

36584[/snapback]

Hilarious.

36588[/snapback]

Thanks. I crave your acceptance.