Do you have a chip on your shoulder?

Asprilla

It's a shame really, we spent a good bit of our time defending those not from the NE against the soopafans who reckoned they were not worthy to support NUFC as they weren't born within 12 yards of SJP etc...yet your sole purpose on here seems to be to widen the divide and stir the shit. I'm sorry if you've had people from up here acting like wankers towards you since you got here, but you need to chill.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame really, we spent a good bit of our time defending those not from the NE against the soopafans who reckoned they were not worthy to support NUFC as they weren't born within 12 yards of SJP etc...yet your sole purpose on here seems to be to widen the divide and stir the shit. I'm sorry if you've had people from up here acting like wankers towards you since you got here, but you need to chill.

36662[/snapback]

I wasn't here when that happened, so if you were sticking up for non-Geordie fans, then cheers.

My sole purpose isn't to wind people up. I think the things I say get read differently than if someone else said them. I have no problem winding up the numbskulls on here, but it's not my intention to wind up the good guys.

There is a different mentality on this forum which is quite stark compared with other forums.

Internet attitude is a game and I know many people here would probably be quite decent if you met them.

In fairness though, all you've done is moan about and generally slag off people from up here. That's probably why people read things into your posts which aren't necessarily there.

Am I?   ;)

36599[/snapback]

You seemed to be.

BTW, did you see my apology? :wacko:

36603[/snapback]

Shouldn't assume things :huh:

And yes, but it wasn't me requesting the apology. If I respected your views then your put-down would have had more effect.

36604[/snapback]

Well I tried to be nice back.

No need for the little rabbit punch you fucking coward.

36609[/snapback]

Fucking coward? In what sense?

36662[/snapback]

I wasn't here when that happened, so if you were sticking up for non-Geordie fans, then cheers.

My sole purpose isn't to wind people up. I think the things I say get read differently than if someone else said them. I have no problem winding up the numbskulls on here, but it's not my intention to wind up the good guys.

There is a different mentality on this forum which is quite stark compared with other forums.

Internet attitude is a game and I know many people here would probably be quite decent if you met them.

36663[/snapback]

It was on the old board. And it was most of the people that post on here that stuck up for non-Geordie fans, including those with Southern accents and also those posting from abroad. Which is probably why your craic on here has annoyed people a bit.

In fairness though, all you've done is moan about and generally slag off people from up here. That's probably why people read things into your posts which aren't necessarily there.

36670[/snapback]

Slag off the people up here?

I don't slag them off. I'm describing my experiences up here.

I've said before I've met some great people up here, but it's well known and obvious there's an anti-southern sentiment among a lot of people in this area. It even exists on this board.

It was on the old board.  And it was most of the people that post on here that stuck up for non-Geordie fans, including those with Southern accents and also those posting from abroad.  Which is probably why your craic on here has annoyed people a bit.

36676[/snapback]

I see. Well I can only apologise if you did stick up for southern fans but I didn't know that and noone mentioned it until now.

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

36670[/snapback]

I've said before I've met some great people up here, but it's well known and obvious there's an anti-southern sentiment among a lot of people in this area. It even exists on this board.

36678[/snapback]

You've got a chip on your shoulder if you ask me ;)

36670[/snapback]

36678[/snapback]

You've got a chip on your shoulder if you ask me ;)

36681[/snapback]

Jesus wept tbh.

36678[/snapback]

It doesn't though, that's the thing. On this board I have never had someone slag me off because I'm not Geordie. I have never been told that I'm "not a real fan" because I wasn't born in Newcastle. This board has those that don't give a fuck where you are from, we're all here because of the football club and that's as far as it goes.

You are seeing things that aren't there because YOU have a chip on YOUR shoulder.

36672[/snapback]

In the sense that I was trying to say sorry and you had a little pop.

36684[/snapback]

In what way is that cowardly, out of interest?

36678[/snapback]

It doesn't though, that's the thing. On this board I have never had someone slag me off because I'm not Geordie. I have never been told that I'm "not a real fan" because I wasn't born in Newcastle. This board has those that don't give a fuck where you are from, we're all here because of the football club and that's as far as it goes.

You are seeing things that aren't there because YOU have a chip on YOUR shoulder.

36683[/snapback]

In a recent post alex doctored something to read: "all southerners are wankers".

He'll say it was a joke I'm sure, and I'm picking that example as it was recent, but there are more.

If I object, then I'm told it's just the craic.

If I say anything anti-northern, I'm told that I have a bad attitude.

I can handle it, but don't pretend it ain't there.

36672[/snapback]

36684[/snapback]

36685[/snapback]

Because to apologise you are effectively showing humility. To attack at that point is cowardly as the other person is in a position of weakness. It's an abuse of trying to be decent to somebody.

It was on the old board.  And it was most of the people that post on here that stuck up for non-Geordie fans, including those with Southern accents and also those posting from abroad.  Which is probably why your craic on here has annoyed people a bit.

36676[/snapback]

I see. Well I can only apologise if you did stick up for southern fans but I didn't know that and noone mentioned it until now.

36680[/snapback]

You didn't ask what any of us thought of southern based fans. You turned up with a pre-determined viewpoint and tried to superimpose it onto people on here. It doesn't fit. I'll admit there are those that have a go at Southern based fans, but I don't think you'll find them on here - they tend to be the moronic 15 year olds that are amongst the posters on other boards.

Anyone who uses the Internet to have conversations is a fucking coward.

36686[/snapback]

Then why do you do it?

36692[/snapback]

Because he lives in Germany and I live in Southampton. Sometimes we gotta have sex on the internet. ;)

Anyone who uses the Internet to have conversations is a fucking coward.

36686[/snapback]

Then why do you do it?

36692[/snapback]

Because he lives in Germany and I live in Southampton. Sometimes we gotta have sex on the internet. ;)

36696[/snapback]

As if I'd cyber with a southerner.

36672[/snapback]

36684[/snapback]

36685[/snapback]

Because to apologise you are effectively showing humility. To attack at that point is cowardly as the other person is in a position of weakness. It's an abuse of trying to be decent to somebody.

36689[/snapback]

The humility is somewhat diluted by what's gone before though. Not that I consider humility to be weakness but I take your point mate. Why don't you just stop posting such inflamatory stuff on here? That way you might get some decent craic. You may well have been trying to stimulate some debate with the threads you started today but, given your track record on here, it's hardly surprising people assumed you were fishing for some bites.

I have a chip on my shoulder about people who name themselves after one of my favourite players then annoy the fuck out of me on a message board with pointless posts about fuck all.

36687[/snapback]

I don't care what you think.

36672[/snapback]

36684[/snapback]

36685[/snapback]

36689[/snapback]

The humility is somewhat diluted by what's gone before though. Not that I consider humility to be weakness but I take your point mate. Why don't you just stop posting such inflamatory stuff on here? That way you might get some decent craic. You may well have been trying to stimulate some debate with the threads you started today but, given your track record on here, it's hardly surprising people assumed you were fishing for some bites.

36699[/snapback]

I don't think it's inflammatory...that's the problem.

I appreciate your advice though. ;)