Which "class" are you?

Asprilla

My point is you're ill-equipped to comment on the working class experience, in my view.

36517[/snapback]

Het it's ok, I've watched ITV. ;)

Of course I can comment. My best mate lived on a council estate and I ended up working with him and his dad on building sites for a year. My mother's parents lived on a council estate and had very little money.

By the way, which class would you call yourself?

36519[/snapback]

Probably working class, although I don't really think about it much.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If only it was more like Aldous Huxley's brave new world - a class for everyone and everyone happy in it.

Alpha - Professionals - doctors etc.

Beta - Lower professionals - nurses, accountants, IT etc ;)

Gamma - Skilled - plumbers, mechanics

Delta - Unskilled - hair dressers, shop workers. Ahem.

Epsilon - Charvers

And before anyone complains, this is intended as a joke. Note though there is no space for the "ruling" classes.

;)

My point is you're ill-equipped to comment on the working class experience, in my view.

36517[/snapback]

But working class people are too busy worshipping Jade Goody and injecting heroine into their eyeballs to comment.

36523[/snapback]

catwoman or wonderwoman?

a real working class person would be able to spell heroin

36517[/snapback]

Of course I can comment. My best mate lived on a council estate and I ended up working with him and his dad on building sites for a year. My mother's parents lived on a council estate and had very little money.

36519[/snapback]

36524[/snapback]

What do you do for a living?

;)

36517[/snapback]

But working class people are too busy worshipping Jade Goody and injecting heroine into their eyeballs to comment.

36523[/snapback]

catwoman or wonderwoman?

36526[/snapback]

Surely not being able to spell heroin makes him working class :wacko:

36517[/snapback]

36523[/snapback]

That's the charver underclass, surely. A brand new category of human detritus made by Thatcher.

36517[/snapback]

36519[/snapback]

36524[/snapback]

36527[/snapback]

Stalker alert!

;)

36517[/snapback]

36523[/snapback]

catwoman or wonderwoman?

36526[/snapback]

Captain Pedant?

36517[/snapback]

36523[/snapback]

That's the charver underclass, surely. A brand new category of human detritus made by Thatcher.

36529[/snapback]

Let's not jump to hasty conclusions!

One thing I have learned during my time in England is that people are too obsessed with what "class" they belong to. Who gives a fuck, really? And it's like you all want to belong to the class below where you actually are, like that makes you more "real" or something.

One thing I have learned during my time in England is that people are too obsessed with what "class" they belong to. Who gives a fuck, really? And it's like you all want to belong to the class below where you actually are, like that makes you more "real" or something.

36534[/snapback]

Whereas Australia is completely lacking in class ;)

36517[/snapback]

Het it's ok, I've watched ITV. :wacko:

36519[/snapback]

36524[/snapback]

36527[/snapback]

Stalker alert!

36530[/snapback]

Nice try at diversion.

Chances are you're in an office as you are using a computer.

From a long list of recruitment consultants are you?

Ee, when I were a lad me dad used to 'ave to type 'is own bloody letters out. ON PAPER!!! ;)

36534[/snapback]

It's all right for you, you're convict class, as real as it gets!

36534[/snapback]

Whereas Australia is completely lacking in class ;)

36535[/snapback]

the Dame Edna Everage stereotype is not totally without foundation

Go to the theatre in Adelaide or Perth and you'll see a lot of people who think they are better than other Oztralains....................

36517[/snapback]

Het it's ok, I've watched ITV. :wacko:

36519[/snapback]

36524[/snapback]

36527[/snapback]

Stalker alert!

36530[/snapback]

Nice try at diversion.

Chances are you're in an office as you are using a computer.

From a long list of recruitment consultants are you?

Ee, when I were a lad me dad used to 'ave to type 'is own bloody letters out. ON PAPER!!! ;)

36536[/snapback]

I work in what would be described as a junior management role, if that makes me middle class by your definiton, ok. I'm not really bothered either way to be honest.

My family pretty much went from working class to comfortable middle, at least in financial/job status terms, in the time I was a kid. So I suppose I'd have to say I'm resolutely middle class if anything. Besides, I don't think they have gayers in the lower classes, dahling.

My family pretty much went from working class to comfortable middle, at least in financial/job status terms, in the time I was a kid. So I suppose I'd have to say I'm resolutely middle class if anything. Besides, I don't think they have gayers in the lower classes, dahling.

36571[/snapback]

:wacko:

No bummists allowed. ;)