Woody to be the Buzz of the Toon?

smoggeordie

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could sign Cannavaro and Kaka and some negative wank would complain. I don't think there's a club in the country with more tossers in their support than us, and it's well represented on this board.

Well there are certainly some mongs on the board, for some reason they can't address the subject and end up whining about other posters. The sad bastards.

Well Stevie, you were buzzing about Barton, Geremi et al pre-season ;)

Better to be optimistic than negative. At the end of the day, who cares about fucking money, some idiots don't get it, money is no longer an issue. We might be paying over the odds given his injury problems, but who gives a fuck, if he's half as good as he was the last time, he will still be a fantastic asset. Ashley won't be bothered, for fuck sake, since he bought NUFC, his personal wealth, has shot up by 200m, which is nearly what he's invested in NUFC. If I was a footballer and read toon forums, I'd think I don't want to sign for those bunch of wanks, it's almost as if certain people have to have an alternative view - attention seeking bastards.

Better being honest imo. Only any point in buying him if he improves the squad. I loved him as a player for us but even first time round the only thing that made him a good buy was getting £14m out of Madrid for him. Totally class player but he was only available for a third of the games. That's no good man. If he comes back I hope he gets back to being the player he was, obviously.

Better being honest imo. Only any point in buying him if he improves the squad. I loved him as a player for us but even first time round the only thing that made him a good buy was getting £14m out of Madrid for him. Totally class player but he was only available for a third of the games. That's no good man. If he comes back I hope he gets back to being the player he was, obviously.

He's played 46 league games for Boro, in 18 months, that is acceptable.

And played shite by all accounts.

We could sign Cannavaro and Kaka and some negative wank would complain. I don't think there's a club in the country with more tossers in their support than us, and it's well represented on this board.

When we sold him he was head and shoulders above anyone else we had (and still have now).

But he's really not looking like the same player after all those injuries, having said that he'd still probably be better than anything we have, if fit.

But it's still a matter of price, £7m is probably a decent price for him, £9m is getting expensive for what maybe a risky player. As much as I'd like to think we were getting back the player we sold, still in his prime, in reality I think we're getting the same potentially injury prone player that isn't quite what he was.

So £7m ok (definitely worth the risk that it is just form and that he's not a shadow of what he was), but £9m+ maybe there's better ways to spend the money?

To be fair like, Stevie's point about money not being the issue is pretty much what I've heard so £2m is neither here nor there. It's all about whether he can 1) improve the squad and 2) pass what should be a stringent medical.

16 starts in the league. Boro have played 23 games.

Not the worst, but his injuries are still at him.

If we were to sign him, and get that percentage of games out of him(65% ish). The problems come when the defence becomes unsettled again, losing it's main man.

Not ideal at all, but he's brilliant.

Who has said he's played shite? Ask Boro fans if he's played shite. He hasn't played shite, odd games he's been mediocre. I know a Boro fan, businessman, who grew up with him, he reckons he's hammering the beer, and the charlie, but as he put it he could drink 20 pints, do 5 gram of coke, and still go out and be the best player on the pitch. He does need to get away from Teesside though because he's in with a bad crowd at the minute. I remember him having Henry in his pocket last season at Arsenal. Boro have got an embarrassment of riches at CB so that's why they'll sell.

Btw, I was making the point about his injuries whilst he was here because people rave about how good he was for us but you have to consider that he wasn't that good because he was unavailable two-thirds of the time. I realise his fitness record at Boro has been a lot better.

To be fair like, Stevie's point about money not being the issue is pretty much what I've heard so £2m is neither here nor there. It's all about whether he can 1) improve the squad and 2) pass what should be a stringent medical.

Yeah, but even for billionaires money is still an issue (they wouldn't BE billionaires if they didn't realise that - even Chelski have clamped down and he makes Ashley look like a corner shop owner), just not so much of an issue.

Some papers are saying up to £10m for him now. That extra £3m and wages could just come in handy elsewhere.

I'd love to see him sign and be excellent and relatively injury free (for him anyway), but I do think injury and form have to be balanced with price - I think even Ashley's pockets might start to feel the strain if we start to head down the Anelka for £15m road.

Who has said he's played shite? Ask Boro fans if he's played shite.

A Boro fan told me.

I have no idea how much this bottomless pit is, but the best players in the world are no use if they are shot. SBR warned the club that Geremi ran like a 40yr old according to Mourinho. Does that mean it's ok because we've got loadsamoney? £20m on a fit Woodgate would be better than £7m on a crock. Still, if he comes and the club are happy that he's in good nick, I'll be delighted if it works out. He is the best bar none when available.

Has to be a thanks but no thanks. As has been said it doesnt matter how good someone is if theyre not available and although he's stayed injury free this last season that has to be judged against a 10 year career where he has been injured on many occasions and for huge spells. Not just impact injuries either, real innocuous stuff.

In addition to that I'd also add that CB is one of those positions where the entire team benefits by having a settled partnership back there. Potentially you also weaken the co-CB's game by chopping and changing to accomodate his injury lay-offs.

Shame as I love the guy as a player but the botom line is he's a crock.

We have the money and are in a position to use it. If a player is available (whether it's Woodgate or anyone else) and we want him, we should get him whether we are paying over the odds or not. We will have £50m + this year to spend alone - and that's only from league placing of 5th bottom and 45,000 season ticket sales (at a guestimate average of £450 a pop) in the close season. I would be absolutely astounded if we don't spend at least £50m this year.

Regarding these message boards being full of negativity, Stevie - surely every board is the same throughout the country??? I can't believe that other boards are full of agreeing supporters!

I wonder if Mr Ashley is frightened to put his trust in a manager spending his money?, because we should have at least 3 in by now ;)

Ashley sacked XXXL Sam because he didn't want him spending money like a drunken sailor and ending up with a team still playing shite. FACT!

I wonder if Mr Ashley is frightened to put his trust in a manager spending his money?, because we should have at least 3 in by now ;)

He's got the company books that shows what we offered for him last time and what we sold him for, he has never seen him on MOTD, and he knows what KK wants him to give Boro for him. I think even Ashley can work out he's being taken for a mug.

The early signs when he came back to play for Boro were that he looked good and apart from "standard" niggles was a lot fitter consistently.

On that basis I'd have him, however this season seems to have reversed that view which makes it look dodgy.

A lot depends on whether Woodgate's niggles are down to his lifestyle and lack of desire at boro. If he's hitting the booze and coke you have to wonder how easily he'll give that up and if he can recover from it. Keegan's attempted rehabilitation of Fowler wasn't a resounding success iirc.

A lot depends on whether Woodgate's niggles are down to his lifestyle and lack of desire at boro. If he's hitting the booze and coke you have to wonder how easily he'll give that up and if he can recover from it. Keegan's attempted rehabilitation of Fowler wasn't a resounding success iirc.

Fowler was way over the hill at that point.

wooddy woody woody wooodyyyyyy whey aye whey aye whey ayyyyye

Ruby - Kaiser Chiefs

It's a better effort than the Habib Beye song surely.