Adebayor vs Bendtner - A little unfair?

mattypnufc

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3075894,00.html

Adebayor escapes FA rap

Striker let off following spat with team-mate Bendtner

The Football Association has confirmed no formal disciplinary action will be taken against Emmanuel Adebayor over the incident involving Arsenal team-mate Nicklas Bendtner in the Carling Cup semi-final against Tottenham...

Now...this might not seem Newcastle related at first...but can anyone remember a certain onfield scuffle between two Newcastle players in recent times?

The now infamous Dyer vs Bower debarcle.

Now, I do not condone either of these 'heated debates' on the field as they set a bad example...but surely this is a very obvious case of double standards in my opinion.

Ok, the Dyer Bower fracus, they both got sent off...but in my opinion this was very much on the same scale, but this time, someone drew blood!!!

Christ, once again the toon get dragged through the shit and these bunch of cockney c*nts get away with it???

I can guarentee that if the same incident occured at Newcastle, both the FA and police would stick their pointy cocknosed faces in and both would be up for Affray!!!

Anyone else agree?

Now...this might not seem Newcastle related at first...but can anyone remember a certain onfield scuffle between two Newcastle players in recent times?

...Ohhh yeah! ;)

Anyway, still haven't seen the footage, but if indeed it was similar to Bowyer and Dyer or worse then it's a sad double standard indeed. We lost two players (including one, Dyer, who was playing well at the time) for a cup Semi.

...Ohhh yeah! ;)

Anyway, still haven't seen the footage, but if indeed it was similar to Bowyer and Dyer or worse then it's a sad double standard indeed. We lost two players (including one, Dyer, who was playing well at the time) for a cup Semi.

http://ballhype.com/video/adebayor_head_bu...l_vs_tottenham/

Hand bags

...Ohhh yeah! ;)

http://ballhype.com/video/adebayor_head_bu...l_vs_tottenham/

Hand bags

Yeah.. it wasn't much at all. I can see the point raised, but I do think the Bowyer/Dyer thing was far worse.

Dyer/Bowyer was a full blown fight,Abes Vs Bendtner was handbags ffs ;)

I don't think there's any difference between the two, I don't see how the Dyer/Bower thing was a full blown fight when no punches were landed and yet the two Arsenal players make contact and draw blood but that's 'handbags'. If the ref had given the two of them reds I'm sure they'd have taken it further walking off the pitch, ridiculous double standards by the London scum, the FA and the police as per usual. :razz:

Good job it wasnt Fabregas or even worse Eboue involved. Any contact and they'd have been rooling around the floor for ten minutes begging for the other to get red, even if it's a teammate.

I don't think there's any difference between the two, I don't see how the Dyer/Bower thing was a full blown fight when no punches were landed and yet the two Arsenal players make contact and draw blood but that's 'handbags'. If the ref had given the two of them reds I'm sure they'd have taken it further walking off the pitch, ridiculous double standards by the London scum, the FA and the police as per usual. :razz:

Not fully sure why Newcastle fans are always playing this "victim" card. Why there is this general mentality that everyone is out to get you because you are Newcatle. I've seen it time and again, and it's really a bit ridiculous.

You saw "I don't see how the Dyer/Bower thing was a full blown fight when no punches were landed". So if a man shoots somebody with a gun and misses, that's not an attempt to kill him? No action should be taken, just because the bullet missed? Because that is essentially the arguement you are making here, and it seems like you'll go to all lengths to make yourself and your club feel like victims and treated unfairly.

Guest Patrokles

Not fully sure why Newcastle fans are always playing this "victim" card. Why there is this general mentality that everyone is out to get you because you are Newcatle. I've seen it time and again, and it's really a bit ridiculous.

You saw "I don't see how the Dyer/Bower thing was a full blown fight when no punches were landed". So if a man shoots somebody with a gun and misses, that's not an attempt to kill him? No action should be taken, just because the bullet missed? Because that is essentially the arguement you are making here, and it seems like you'll go to all lengths to make yourself and your club feel like victims and treated unfairly.

Maybe try reading the post properly.

Maybe try reading the post properly.

I did read the post properly, and it's not specific to this post.

The Dyer/Boyer incident was a huge, violent, and extremely public. Any referee in the world would have sent them off, and rightly so. But this current incident was extremely minor compared to that. You're making it a case of double standards and what not because you think you are being victimized. Let's reverse the roles. If you take the two incidents and reverse the personnel involved, so Adebayor/Bendtner are violently punching each other and Boywer/Dyer have this incident that took place yesterday. Are you going to tell me that if your incident had happened with Arsenal, they would not have been sent off, just because they are Arsenal? Would the Newcastle players have been sent off if they were involved in the incident last night? Of course not! Any sane ref would have sent off ANYBODY, irrespective of which club they play for, if they were involved in what Dyer/Boywer were involved with. But some Newcastle fans insist on viewing everything through such a lens that makes them "victims", and I don't understand why.

I certinally dont condon either 'scrap'. Merely pointing out the fact that we seem to be treat differently (and certain players also)

The whole thing involving dyer/bowyer was a disgrace to the club and them, im under no illusions, but the way the press/fa/police treat it was a teeeny bit OTT.

I never feel hard done by unless it is fully justified...and being a Newcastle supporter (dispite what you read in the papers) tend to have a very open view on all things football related and not the blinkered view the press tend to project by interviewing charvas outside St James.

Im just pointing out double standards thats all.

A thank you.

Oh and also...

This sort of shit happens every sunday in my league team...do the police get involved in that...knob right off! Its part of football, and personally if its justified from one person asking another to stop playing like a twat, and then it kicks off, Im all for it. Its just the example it sets the younguns that may cause issues!

Edited by mattypnufc

As has been said I don't think you can compare the two incidents. The stoush between Dyer and Bowyer was clear and obvious and was seen clearly by all the cameras at the ground on the day.

The Bendtner/Adebayor one you couldn't see on camera clearly and that's why Adebayor got off without any charges laid.

The same weekend as the Dyer/Bowyer thing, the England Rugby captain laid out an opponent with a punch - no action from the RFU and no police action.

Two Watford players had a fight at the same level as the Bowyer/Dyer fight - no red cards, no action.

Victim mentality? - I call it pointing out London/Southern hypocricy and I don't give a shit what anyone says.

That's not the point I was making at all actually, more that if the Bowyer/Dyer incident was seen as a dust up and worthy of all the crap that went with it then so should the incident that happened between the Arsenal pair. Both sets of players set about each other but only the Arsenal pair drew blood, the main difference between the two is that it happened off camera but then for the Police to get involved it took a complaint from a member of the public, not the video itself. The FA have the ability to review the situation yet do nothng about it as per usual, wouldn't want to penalize one of the 'top four', heaven forbid... :D

Seemed like sweet Fanny Adams at the time but I haven't seen it properly since. Seems to have been swept under the carpet a bit if punches were landed and blood was drawn etc. though.

The same weekend as the Dyer/Bowyer thing, the England Rugby captain laid out an opponent with a punch - no action from the RFU and no police action.

Two Watford players had a fight at the same level as the Bowyer/Dyer fight - no red cards, no action.

Victim mentality? - I call it pointing out London/Southern hypocricy and I don't give a shit what anyone says.

Totally agree.

Some clubs get different treatment no matter what anyone says.

Fair play to the Met though, unlike Northumbria who couldn't wait to get involved in a stupid waste of time and our money they've apparently decided not to investigate.

Fucking disgrace IMO.

Adebayor pins the nut on Bendtner very clearly in front of the entire country and gets away with it. Bowyer and Dyer scuffle and both get sent off and the police claim that they'll look at the incident. Where are the police now? Is wenger going to suspend adebayor?

Bollocks really but just shows the bias not only in favour of arse but also the players involved.

Dyer/Bowyer was a full blown fight,Abes Vs Bendtner was handbags ffs :rolleyes:

If you call what happened between Dyer and Bowyer a "full blown fight", then how could anyone draw blood with what you'd call "handbags"?

I've seen hugs with more violence than what went on between those two.

Didn't the Bowyer/Dyer thing become more public because someone complained to the police about it?

Someone eventually complained to the police, but only after it had been played constantly on all new bulletins for about 3 days.