Keegan out

duckerDavies

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Keegan had come clean about those lay by shenanigans when I saw the thred title.

:rolleyes:

Now listen! He was just having a sleep on the side of the road ok! I mean when you have millions in the bank why pay £30 for a travelodge :icon_lol:

Is this flid serious?

And apparently didnt pay any attention to Keegans press conference when he dealt with the whole rep he has for walking out on clubs. He left here because of the PLC and things beyond his control meaning the club wasnt going where he wanted. He left Fulham for England with the chairman's blessing, he didn't storm out because he wasn't happy and he left City because he told the chairman he wouldnt be signing another contract and was finishing with management, so they decided he should leave early to give the new boss (Pearce) time to settle in, basically.

Hardly a serial bottler as the cockney press would like people to believe is it.

The only real one is the "brochure" one with John Hall and the club benefitted from that as he got the players he needed and look where we ended up under him!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Is this flid serious?

And apparently didnt pay any attention to Keegans press conference when he dealt with the whole rep he has for walking out on clubs. He left here because of the PLC and things beyond his control meaning the club wasnt going where he wanted. He left Fulham for England with the chairman's blessing, he didn't storm out because he wasn't happy and he left City because he told the chairman he wouldnt be signing another contract and was finishing with management, so they decided he should leave early to give the new boss (Pearce) time to settle in, basically.

Hardly a serial bottler as the cockney press would like people to believe is it.

The only real one is the "brochure" one with John Hall and the club benefitted from that as he got the players he needed and look where we ended up under him!

add the fact that he was the only person with the bottle to take the job when we were staring at the trap door to division 3, when other Geordie managers such as Bobby Robson had never shown an interest, and Howard kendall actually turned the job down 3 years earlier.

Baggy disagrees with the bold bit mind ........ another one who obviously missed the press conference and only takes the bits of Keegans book which suit his "opinion"

For anyone who's honestly concerned with Kev's impact on the club (god knows why anyone would be), I nabbed this from another post somewhere and it makes a good point:

For those who have e-mailed me doubting the Messiah - and perhaps were not supporting Newcastle when he was here last time - let me put you in the picture.

He arrived in February 1992 after we had been drubbed 5-2 by relegation certs Oxford United. And after that initial burst of adrenalin with a 3-0 win over Bristol City, we were back to losing ways.

He still had a side that were doomed for the (old) Third Division, and you don't turn a team like that into promotion candidates overnight.

For the record books, until David Kelly scored (arguably) the most important goal in Newcastle history to beat Portsmouth 1-0 in our last home game of the season, we had lost FIVE on the trot!

Wolves started the rot with a 6-2 thrashing, then came defeats to Tranmere Rovers (3-2), Ipswich Town (3-2), Millwall (1-0) and Derby County (4-1).

Nobody on this planet could come in to NUFC and turn things round overnight, Kev's last start with us was a battle but things came together given that little bit of time and patience. If you refuse to get behind Keegan managing our club then you shouldn't even have the cheek to call yourself a member of the Toon Army - just a worshiper of Southern shit-stirring hacks.

For anyone who's honestly concerned with Kev's impact on the club (god knows why anyone would be), I nabbed this from another post somewhere and it makes a good point:

For those who have e-mailed me doubting the Messiah - and perhaps were not supporting Newcastle when he was here last time - let me put you in the picture.

He arrived in February 1992 after we had been drubbed 5-2 by relegation certs Oxford United. And after that initial burst of adrenalin with a 3-0 win over Bristol City, we were back to losing ways.

He still had a side that were doomed for the (old) Third Division, and you don't turn a team like that into promotion candidates overnight.

For the record books, until David Kelly scored (arguably) the most important goal in Newcastle history to beat Portsmouth 1-0 in our last home game of the season, we had lost FIVE on the trot!

Wolves started the rot with a 6-2 thrashing, then came defeats to Tranmere Rovers (3-2), Ipswich Town (3-2), Millwall (1-0) and Derby County (4-1).

Nobody on this planet could come in to NUFC and turn things round overnight, Kev's last start with us was a battle but things came together given that little bit of time and patience. If you refuse to get behind Keegan managing our club then you shouldn't even have the cheek to call yourself a member of the Toon Army - just a worshiper of Southern shit-stirring hacks.

I made the same point to Parky who's worried that the initial burst of enthusiasm will quickly wane and see us drop like lead balloons unless we sign someone.

I don't think anyone seriously wants Keegan out though.

• 2 weeks later...

Good thread I think!

Anyway, you part time fuckers should have been at Villa Park rather than sat in front of your screens.

What a laughing stock you lot have become.

Keegan 'the messiah' - just another mistake made by the farce that is NUFC

Big Club? Big joke - you better start looking over your shoulders - that bottom 3 spot is closing in.

Dont worry though - 'The Messiah' was always OK at his real level - the championship.

Good thread I think!

Anyway, you part time fuckers should have been at Villa Park rather than sat in front of your screens.

Big Club? Big joke - you better start looking over your shoulders - that bottom 3 spot is closing in.

Dont worry though - 'The Messiah' was always OK at his real level - the championship.

You.Are.A.Blackburn.Fan.

fail.jpg

Good thread I think!

<_< Not even gonna nibble.

From a Blackburn fan? :nufc:

Aye, damn us all, all 48ish K that would be at home for not all squeezing into Villa park :(

Good thread I think!

<_< Not even gonna nibble.

From a Blackburn fan? :nufc:

Aye, damn us all, all 48ish K that would be at home for not all squeezing into Villa park :(

Just as well really - the booing would have been deafening :)

well spotted.

You on yer way back from Villa?

You wont get a bite out of me mate.

And if your such a dedicated fan why are you wasting your time posting on a Newcastle forum?

Cant get laid or something? Still live with your mam?

well spotted.

And if your such a dedicated fan why are you wasting your time posting on a Newcastle forum?

Its always worth a laugh just looking back over the old Keegan - The King Returns shit, and then comparing it to today.

Fucking sand dancer

Good thread I think!

You.Are.A.Blackburn.Fan.

fail.jpg

I really shouldn't, but <_<

well spotted.

Its always worth a laugh just looking back over the old Keegan - The King Returns shit, and then comparing it to today.

Fucking sand dancer

Well TBH, Blackburn aren't even funny...

Good thread I think!

We'll see. <_<