Transfers (Or Lack Of)

JaMoUsE

Think its bizzare that his first transfer target was Woodgate and Ive read a quote from keegan sumwhere else saying. "He was the one we wanted to bring in, in january, The first piece of the jigsaw" etc . I'll be extremely dissapointed if we dont sign anyone know tho. And from what I can see its starting to look as if we wont :rolleyes:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No point signing players for the sake of it and paying over the odds in the process, we need players who will improve what we have got and fit in with the style of football that KK wants to play. The main targets should be a solid cantre half and a creative midfield player, although he will proberbly need to offload a few first, Cacapa,Rozenhal,Barton and Emre should be out the door in the summer along with Carr.

I really cant see us signing anyone of note in the next few days but the first half performance at Arsenal shows the bunch we do have can play football and put good teams on the back foot

I think Carrol should get a run out with either Owen or Oba(when he`s back) to see what he can do, we aint got much to loose

I think Carrol should get a run out with either Owen or Oba(when he`s back) to see what he can do, we aint got much to loose

KK said he wont be afraid of using youngsters if we dont sign anyone. Now that we wont be able to get in Europe, he would be fool not to try out Carroll or LuaLua for a full game.

No point signing players for the sake of it and paying over the odds in the process, we need players who will improve what we have got and fit in with the style of football that KK wants to play. The main targets should be a solid cantre half and a creative midfield player, although he will proberbly need to offload a few first, Cacapa,Rozenhal,Barton and Emre should be out the door in the summer along with Carr.

I really cant see us signing anyone of note in the next few days but the first half performance at Arsenal shows the bunch we do have can play football and put good teams on the back foot

Like you, I reckon we need a class CB, a class central midfielder AND a striker.

We do really make a fiasco of signing players at this club for whatever reason.

My main worry is that KK doesn't realise how fully shit the squad is and the little upturn in form and them actually running around to some purpose will soon evaporate.

We need to sign good players as early as possible and that is part of the process of attracting other good players.

Edited by Park Life

I think he'll start emre when hes fit so if he gets playing to his bes that might be the creative midfielder we need (Que the anti emre comments) I think beye will always start right back when hes back and Taylor and faye dont look the worst pairing in the world. A good left back and a goalscorer would be mint.

with the lack of creativity in our team atm. makes you realise how much Nobby used to create through balls for the likes of bellamy. If we can get somebody to do the same for Oba tha's b great

I think he'll start emre when hes fit so if he gets playing to his bes that might be the creative midfielder we need (Que the anti emre comments) I think beye will always start right back when hes back and Taylor and faye dont look the worst pairing in the world. A good left back and a goalscorer would be mint.

with the lack of creativity in our team atm. makes you realise how much Nobby used to create through balls for the likes of bellamy. If we can get somebody to do the same for Oba tha's b great

Emre can do a bit of a job but has a total lack of range in his passing (never mind the shocking set pieces).

Yes the players coming back will make a difference but I'd have cracked on a (and we still might) and got some audacious bids in for true quality. Football now is very much a speculative environment and you really have to match spend and ambition to send the right signals to prospective purchases and recently we have done neither. Even in the summer we spent in real terms and by PL standards a very average amount (this was where the problems started this season).

So far KK has let it be known that spending is not an issue but I wonder if he really knows the true costs now of a good player.

Emre can do a bit of a job but has a total lack of range in his passing (never mind the shocking set pieces).

Yes the players coming back will make a difference but I'd have cracked on a (and we still might) and got some audacious bids in for true quality. Football now is very much a speculative environment and you really have to match spend and ambition to send the right signals to prospective purchases and recently we have done neither. Even in the summer we spent in real terms and by PL standards a very average amount (this was where the problems started this season).

So far KK has let it be known that spending is not an issue but I wonder if he really knows the true costs now of a good player.

completely agree

we have to try and make SOME of our current squad work

even if we spend £ 100 million over the next 12 months it'll only get us 10 new palyers leaving us dependent on half the current load of dross

We're very unlikely to go down this season so why rush in and panic buy - just write this year off

we have to try and make SOME of our current squad work

even if we spend £ 100 million over the next 12 months it'll only get us 10 new palyers leaving us dependent on half the current load of dross

We're very unlikely to go down this season so why rush in and panic buy - just write this year off

Your words not mine dear. :rolleyes:

the damage BSA has done to this team is incredible. He nearly took away all of their attacking instincts. He buys in the trasnfer market look awful bar beye. Geremi, Cacapa, Rozenhal really dont look up too it. So bare in mind how small the squad is and also what not up too scratch players we have - I think we need about 6 good players brought in (priority a creative midfielder) and maybe 3/4 out.

Zoggy

Milner

Duff

Owen

Martins

Viduka

Emre (supposidly)

Smith

all of who are offensive players, I think KK should be able to get us scoting goals with these guys, at least til the end of the season

When Faye & Beye are back I think the defence will start to look a bit tighter and may have an outside chance of the inter-twobob

Come the summer then KK will know what is required and who isnt right for the club and act accordingly

Panic buying is crazy and counter productive so let KK get on with it and back him 100%

Looking at the Woodgate situation it looks like he picked Spurs over us, for whatever reason.

If I was speaking plainly :rolleyes: I'd say they could make a better case for joining if it indeed did come down to that. Ramos and Levy are absolutely serious about breaking into the top 4 and getting Jol out is testament to that....5th wasn't good enough.

the damage BSA has done to this team is incredible. He nearly took away all of their attacking instincts. He buys in the trasnfer market look awful bar beye. Geremi, Cacapa, Rozenhal really dont look up too it. So bare in mind how small the squad is and also what not up too scratch players we have - I think we need about 6 good players brought in (priority a creative midfielder) and maybe 3/4 out.

MA is starting to make noises about spending big so we'll see.

Zoggy

Milner

Duff

Owen

Martins

Viduka

Emre (supposidly)

Smith

all of who are offensive players, I think KK should be able to get us scoting goals with these guys, at least til the end of the season

When Faye & Beye are back I think the defence will start to look a bit tighter and may have an outside chance of the inter-twobob

Come the summer then KK will know what is required and who isnt right for the club and act accordingly

Panic buying is crazy and counter productive so let KK get on with it and back him 100%

Might as well scrap the Jan window? Is it that no-one buys in Jan?

I don't like this idea of buying in Jan as a panic buy, scouting and player portfolio's are built up season after season, it's not as if we would be buying players that just pop into the head after a few pints. Red herring imo. :rolleyes:

People are now starting to think we can rely on Emre and Martins to be a creative force. I don't think I've ever been as depressed.

your right, what were we thinking

Butt and viduka is what we need :rolleyes:

My main worry is that KK doesn't realise how fully shit the squad is and the little upturn in form and them actually running around to some purpose will soon evaporate.

I wouldn't bother with short term worries like that. We aren't getting into Europe or anything this year, it needs cool heads, not rushing to pay more than you think is right for players you don't think are good enough, just to have someone to parade around.

Remember last time? We lost 5 in a row shortly after his arrival, his enthusiasm isn't enough to single handedly turn a season round completely, but a summer of rebuilding later and we started with 15 unbeaten.

People are now starting to think we can rely on Emre and Martins to be a creative force. I don't think I've ever been as depressed.

The only thing you should be depressed about is what genuine, good, quality players want to come to our club. I'm not just talking about this transfer window, but the past the present and the future despite the Keegan-factor.

That is reality...

I wouldn't bother with short term worries like that. We aren't getting into Europe or anything this year, it needs cool heads, not rushing to pay more than you think is right for players you don't think are good enough, just to have someone to parade around.

Remember last time? We lost 5 in a row shortly after his arrival, his enthusiasm isn't enough to single handedly turn a season round completely, but a summer of rebuilding later and we started with 15 unbeaten.

Points accepted.

But if we don't reinforce with one or two now and we do lose/draw the next 5/6, not buying now will be bought into question. The knock on affect will also mean if we finish very low that won't help attracting talent in the summer.

The only thing you should be depressed about is what genuine, good, quality players want to come to our club. I'm not just talking about this transfer window, but the past the present and the future despite the Keegan-factor.

That is reality...

If the likes of Pompey can attract good players we shouldn't have a problem.

I don't think the pull of playing in the premiership should be underplayed - its viewed as the top league in the world (rightly or wrongly) and we are among the major players within it - i am not saying we will be able to attract the maor superstars of football but a continual improvement of the squad linked to european involvement will make a more and more attractive proposition.

I have absolutely no qualms in regard to keegans influence and ashleys cash enabling to attract some really good players in the near future

It's a good thing IMO. Keegan will get time to assess the squad properly and then make signings where needed. He'll have a far better idea which players are capable of performing when it matters, something you can't judge in a few games.