Transfers (Or Lack Of)

JaMoUsE

I would imagine that Keegan was brought here because he's been a pretty good judge of players in the past. He's unlikely to just buy a player because someone else thinks he's good. There's no point in buying players unless you know they are what you want.

How long is this operation which is now taking on biblical proportions expected to take?

Will KK in the dead of night be peeking in their windows to check on their diet?

:rolleyes:

Keegan's into his 2nd week of management and he hasn't signed anyone yet. Is it a disaster (possibly biblical?) Maybe. Who knows? He might just be doing it on purpose to wind up people needing instant answers. For quick relief you could always buy a wank mag.

Perhaps if we didn't want to buy untill the summer it might have been wiser to leave SA in charge and have a more 'thoughtful' and considered changeover. If it is the case that we can't buy cause a there is a new man in charge and as I said earlier the real re-shaping will begin in summer why did KK say he needed 3 players? Perhaps he needs a wank as well...Or perhaps he already realises the problems with the squad and the tricky fixture list.

Clubs look at players continually and it is ongoing through various channels it is ludicurous in the extreme that KK won't have been advised on the players we have been tracking. One think is for sure if we lose a few more games and things start to look tricky and we didn't try and buy one or two players YOU and KK are going to start looking mighty silly. Football these days is ongoing and speculative in a very competitive market place for attracting players no team has the luxury to sit around and wait for 'the summer' or 'the window' anymore.

Try thinking it don't hurt. :icon_lol:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine that Keegan was brought here because he's been a pretty good judge of players in the past. He's unlikely to just buy a player because someone else thinks he's good. There's no point in buying players unless you know they are what you want.

How long is this operation which is now taking on biblical proportions expected to take?

Will KK in the dead of night be peeking in their windows to check on their diet?

Keegan's into his 2nd week of management and he hasn't signed anyone yet. Is it a disaster (possibly biblical?) Maybe. Who knows? He might just be doing it on purpose to wind up people needing instant answers. For quick relief you could always buy a wank mag.

Perhaps if we didn't want to buy untill the summer it might have been wiser to leave SA in charge and have a more 'thoughtful' and considered changeover. If it is the case that we can't buy cause a there is a new man in charge and as I said earlier the real re-shaping will begin in summer why did KK say he needed 3 players? Perhaps he needs a wank as well...Or perhaps he already realises the problems with the squad and the tricky fixture list.

Clubs look at players continually and it is ongoing through various channels it is ludicurous in the extreme that KK won't have been advised on the players we have been tracking. One think is for sure if we lose a few more games and things start to look tricky and we didn't try and buy one or two players YOU and KK are going to start looking mighty silly. Football these days is ongoing and speculative in a very competitive market place for attracting players no team has the luxury to sit around and wait for 'the summer' or 'the window' anymore.

Try thinking it don't hurt. ;)

You seem desperate for the club to spend money though you give the club nowt. You got a Warren Barton tattoo and name your bairn Faustino too? :icon_lol:

You sack Sam and get a new man in now so he can make a judgement on the players he's got this season, and make changes over the summer. Rather than making rash choices without seeing a single performance and fucking up another season a la Allardyce.

Keegan said he'd possibly bring in 2 or 3 players. If those he wanted won't come, don't take it as a contractual obligation that he still has to fill those spots with someone just so you have something to chat about on here. That's another thing Allardyce had to do and the vast majority of his signings have been hammered as abject failures.

Edited by Happy Face

Try thinking it don't hurt. ;)

You seem desperate for the club to spend money though you give the club nowt. You got a Warren Barton tattoo and name your bairn Faustino too? :icon_lol:

You sack Sam and get a new man in now so he can make a judgement on the players he's got this season, and make changes over the summer. Rather than making rash choices without seeing a single performance and fucking up another season a la Allardyce.

Keegan said he'd possibly bring in 2 or 3 players. If those he wanted won't come, don't take it as a contractual obligation that he still has to fill those spots with someone just so you have something to chat about on here. That's another thing Allardyce had to do and the vast majority of his signings have been hammered as abject failures.

I find that a very strange comment coming from you.

Not sure what you're babbling about KK is trying to get players in and the club has tried so far to get 2 players in to my knowledge Diarra and Woodgate. Maybe the club is making rash choices ?? B) And KK's comments about looking at players at other clubs is more rashess is it? You really need to look at what the people you are commenting on are saying before coming on here all lah dih dah throwing your little stones at my huge castle of magnificence.

Our last convincing win was beating Spurs back in the middle of Oct and they hit the post twice iirc.

Knowing how KK is I imagine he won't be happy to just write the season off as you seem keen to do....But yes your forte is film talk after all. :D

Edited by Park Life

You seem desperate for the club to spend money though you give the club nowt. You got a Warren Barton tattoo and name your bairn Faustino too? :rolleyes:

Not sure what you're babbling about KK is trying to get players in and the club has tried so far to get 2 players in to my knowledge Diarra and Woodgate. Maybe the club is making rash choices ?? ;)

Our last convincing win was beating Spurs back in the middle of Oct and they hit the post twice iirc.

Knowing how KK is I imagine he won't be happy to just write the season off as you seem keen to do....But yes your forte is film talk after all. :icon_lol:

Coming from me??

Not sure what you're babbling about really. The club/Keegan have made approaches and been knocked back by a couple of targets, but you're still running around screaming "BUY! BUY! BUY! :D ". It'd be nice if they'd said yes, but we don't need to buy someone else for the sake of spending.

If we keep lowering our standards (talent wise) and increasing our spending, we'll end up like the Mackems.

If other quality targets become available, champion, go for it. But I'll not worry if nowt happens in the next 3 days.

You seem desperate for the club to spend money though you give the club nowt. You got a Warren Barton tattoo and name your bairn Faustino too? :rolleyes:

Not sure what you're babbling about KK is trying to get players in and the club has tried so far to get 2 players in to my knowledge Diarra and Woodgate. Maybe the club is making rash choices ?? ;)

Knowing how KK is I imagine he won't be happy to just write the season off as you seem keen to do....But yes your forte is film talk after all. :icon_lol:

Coming from me??

Not sure what you're babbling about really. The club/Keegan have made approaches and been knocked back by a couple of targets, but you're still running around screaming "BUY! BUY! BUY! :D ". It'd be nice if they'd said yes, but we don't need to buy someone else for the sake of spending.

If we keep lowering our standards (talent wise) and increasing our spending, we'll end up like the Mackems.

If other quality targets become available, champion, go for it. But I'll not worry if nowt happens in the next 3 days.

I honestly don't think I am Nicos. If that is the impression I'm giving then take it from me it's not what I mean at all.

Take a look at the fixtures ringo.

Arsenal away. Then Villa (away) and ManUtd in Feb. Then away to Liv, B'ham and the rejuvenated Spurs in March. There is poss two games in April we can win and then we end with Chelsea and Everton both of which we will surely lose.

You might begin to see why I ain't so relaxed as your good self bro.

Cant see the point signing anyone unless they are going to be an improvement on what we have. If you think about it we have a lot of quality already in the squad, the potential is there and now we have a guy in charge to help the players realiase their potential

I`m not saying we dont need anyone but I`d rather that than rush in and get the wrong players. Everyone can see we need a quality CB,DM and a creative midfielder. We aint going to get superstar names thats for sure so we need to be realistic

I reckon we could tempt Bentley, Dunn or Richards tho`

Cant see the point signing anyone unless they are going to be an improvement on what we have. If you think about it we have a lot of quality already in the squad, the potential is there and now we have a guy in charge to help the players realiase their potential

I`m not saying we dont need anyone but I`d rather that than rush in and get the wrong players. Everyone can see we need a quality CB,DM and a creative midfielder. We aint going to get superstar names thats for sure so we need to be realistic

I reckon we could tempt Bentley, Dunn or Richards tho`

Gosh that's a million miles from your OP. :rolleyes:

I honestly don't think I am Nicos. If that is the impression I'm giving then take it from me it's not what I mean at all.

Arsenal away. Then Villa (away) and ManUtd in Feb. Then away to Liv, B'ham and the rejuvenated Spurs in March. There is poss two games in April we can win and then we end with Chelsea and Everton both of which we will surely lose.

When you take out all the very winnable games, then the fixtures can look daunting, but put back in the Boro, Fulham, Blackburn, Birmingham Reading, Mackems, West Ham and Portsmouth games we've got coming too and it's not really that much of a crisis.

When you take out all the very winnable games, then the fixtures can look daunting, but put back in the Boro, Fulham, Blackburn, Birmingham Reading, Mackems, West Ham and Portsmouth games we've got coming too and it's not really that much of a crisis.

IMO I don't think these are at all very winnable games.

Edited by Park Life

You don't think it's very possible to beat a team we've already beaten once this season under Allardyce's negative tactics?

You don't think it's very possible to beat a team we've already beaten once this season under Allardyce's negative tactics?

I don't think away to West Ham and Birmingham are very winnable games no.

And if you're imagining Sunderland are automatically down consider they've beaten Bolton and Portsmouth and were v unlucky against Blackburn in their last 4 games.

Edited by Park Life

Just because we don't have a Fabregas in the middle of the park, it doesn't make the shit teams any better.

I reckon we'll be the bookies favourites for the majority of those games.

Just because we don't have a Fabregas in the middle of the park, it doesn't make the shit teams any better.

I reckon we'll be the bookies favourites for the majority of those games.

Maybe I'm a bit grumpy this morning. :icon_lol:

Keegan:

“This squad is the best I’ve had and I mean that 100%. Bringing players in to better these, you have to be more selective.

“We’re looking at both ends of the market, three or four certainties (who can play straight away in the Premier League) and three or four young chances. That’s what the club are trying to do and I think you’ll see that by some of the things that are being done.”

Keegan:

“This squad is the best I’ve had and I mean that 100%. Bringing players in to better these, you have to be more selective.

“We’re looking at both ends of the market, three or four certainties (who can play straight away in the Premier League) and three or four young chances. That’s what the club are trying to do and I think you’ll see that by some of the things that are being done.”

Shades of Souness ;)

Keegan:

I take that to mean they are looking to buy 3 or 4 certainties (players who can come straight into the side) before next season, not necessarily now.

I agree with Alex - shades of Souness 'bigging up' the squad.

Bollocks, most of the players are shite and every fucker knows that, not to worry tho, he'll find out how shite they are up until the summer

Owen,Viduka,Martins,Given,Duff,Zoggy,Emre,Butt,Beye,Enrique,Taylor,Milner,Smith are hardly shite players but they have all suffered by being managed by shite managers who have employed shite tactics or played them out of position. A good manager should be able to give most premier league teams a run for their money with what we have, no doubt KK see`s this as he has not rushed into panic buying like previous managers have

Edited by jaythesouthernmag

Should it be "lack thereof"?

genuine question ;)

:D Yeah, I think so or 'Transfers (or the lack of them)'.

You see all along they had a top scout and the fm database to hand but haven't spent. (Yes Nicos).