Will Owen ever hit proper form for Toon?

I R Toon Fan

He's lost some pace but if he's getting the right deliveries i reckon his finishing will still be up to scratch.

He also hasn't been that fit when the deliveries were there. He needs it to his feet...

He has definitely lost some pace and doesnt accelerate past them the way he used to and it is a bit worrying.

On the plus side, he is still one of the most intelligent runners off the ball and his timing of where he needs to be is as good as ever and you'd expect under Keegan we will actually start to create chances for him, when i suspect he'll show his finishign hasn't changed much at all.

So i think we'll see alot more from Owen, but not him at his absolute best because of the injuries he's had.

I hope I dont talk too much bollocks.

If we dont win at Middlesbro' were in a bit of bova tbh. Lets be honest who was expecting us to do well against Arsenal twice in 4 days at Emerites? Would have been nice to score a fucking goal! (Owen) But what you gonna do?

He's spent. Pace is gone, timing is gone and it looks like he's lost the power in his shot.

You could see today that his timing today is still pretty perfect if it hadn't been for the stupid linesmen who only suffer from their Parkinson fits at the wrong moments. A couple of other runs behind the back of the defenders were decent too, shame he has to get the service from the likes of Butt and Rozehnal in midfield...

He's spent. Pace is gone, timing is gone and it looks like he's lost the power in his shot.

You could see today that his timing today is still pretty perfect if it hadn't been for the stupid linesmen who only suffer from their Parkinson fits at the wrong moments. A couple of other runs behind the back of the defenders were decent too, shame he has to get the service from the likes of Butt and Rozehnal in midfield...

Wolfgang I must admit I didn't get to see the second half because I had to get to work but in the first half it looked 50/50 to me. He was called wrong on two occasions but there another couple where he was definitely offside.

It looks to me he is aware he's lost a lot of pace and he's over compensating this results in him being offside a lot more.

The other problem he faces is on nights like tonight when the ball is skiding across the surface he us shown up for his lack of pace.

When a player gets caught offside it doesn't mean his timing is out neccessarily Sammy. It can be the other player not releasing the ball soon enough. And to be fair to Owen, the timing of his runs still looks pretty good to me.

I agree it's not really Owen's fault. His pace is definitely gone, which is a real worry, but it's hard to judge his timing when I can't even remember the last decent through-ball or pass there was for him to run on to.

it's fucking typical that martins has got the pace but lacks composure and owen is cool in front of goal but he's lost his pace.

and viduka is fat

and the less said about shola and smith the better

it's fucking typical that martins has got the pace but lacks composure and owen is cool in front of goal but he's lost his pace.

and viduka is fat

and the less said about shola and smith the better

We need some young healthy strikers who aren't scatty or lazy.