Trying the younguns?

Maestro7

Just wondering going back to what KK said recently about if he didnt get any real quality in this window he would let you young talent have a go, do you think zamblera will get a shot? (probably not with our service! :razz: )

I know lua lua has come to the fore, and andy carroll do you guys think we will see them much since this season is pretty much a void?

Also has tzer went back out on load or not? and what about this hungarian kid did we eventually sign him?

Just wondering going back to what KK said recently about if he didnt get any real quality in this window he would let you young talent have a go, do you think zamblera will get a shot? (probably not with our service! :razz: )

I know lua lua has come to the fore, and andy carroll do you guys think we will see them much since this season is pretty much a void?

Also has tzer went back out on load or not? and what about this hungarian kid did we eventually sign him?

I do not think the premier league is a league where you can play youngens week in week out B)

Not a bad idea, though there are alot of young kids to think of not just the new ones. We could also only really do it when safe to do so and not really when slipping into relegation. Certainly make one a sub in the odd game.

Not a bad idea, though there are alot of young kids to think of not just the new ones. We could also only really do it when safe to do so and not really when slipping into relegation. Certainly make one a sub in the odd game.

Just my thoughts exactly, i mean if tozer hasnt gone out on loan then give him a go as enrique is doubtful, i mean spurs gave gunter his chance against arsenal?? dean sturridge got his chance for citeh so why not throw the new boys in the mix? Lualua was thrown in and looked decent.

Once we are safe though, give them more and more pitch time, it can only be good for them imo.

Guest Patrokles

I'd play Carroll from the start because he's at an age where he needs to be given the chance to step up and play premiership football to see if he's good enough. The 17 year olds, less so. Carroll reminds me of the Steven Taylor situation.

Guest Patrokles
Carroll reminds me of the Steven Taylor situation.

Highly rated by some but is infact shite ?

In terms of how he broke into the first team and has cemented a place. I think Carroll needs the chance to do the same. And, yes, hopefully he'll be a lot better than Taylor. Carroll is potentially an excellent target man, from what I've seen.

The thing with Carroll is i was disappointed with when he was on loan. Before he went, what little i'd seen of him he looked a good prospect, but in the lower division where i thought he'd flourish i think he only managed 1 goal, unless i'm mistaken. So i was a bit surprised at that.

I'm still not against giving him a crack though, or any of the others if Keegan thinks they're ready, but maybe 1 at a time, ir start as subs, and best introduced in the "easier" games or when we're doign well.

But as we're hardly setting the world alight it can't do any harm to give some young-uns a shot!

I'd rather see Carroll given his chance rather than see Smith flounce around like a tart or Viduka labour around the pitch like a pensioner in Lidl's.

Guest Patrokles
The thing with Carroll is i was disappointed with when he was on loan. Before he went, what little i'd seen of him he looked a good prospect, but in the lower division where i thought he'd flourish i think he only managed 1 goal, unless i'm mistaken. So i was a bit surprised at that.

I agree with that. Maybe Preston didn't suit him? Look at Owen under Allardyce. Good striker, but the team didn't suit him at all.

I agree with that. Maybe Preston didn't suit him? Look at Owen under Allardyce. Good striker, but the team didn't suit him at all.

Could well be, i didnt see any of their games or really read about wha he was doing, just the odd mention here and there.

I think there's a danger of 'crucifying' the bairns by playing them at the minute because it'll be much harder for them to come in and do well when the side is struggling. Also, it's easier to come and make an impact in a cameo role off the bench when there are more gaps etc. Also, this season is far from being a write-off yet as we're some way off being safe.

There's too much at stake at the moment.

Too much at stake to persevere with Smith ?

Or play Viduka and Martins?

Was thinking about today more than anything, I wish Martins was back, I'm not convinced Viduka offers much more than Smith, of course Viduka is more likely to score but given Viduka's lack of mobility and work ethic, is he much better ?

There's too much at stake at the moment.

Too much at stake to persevere with Smith ?

Or play Viduka and Martins?

Was thinking about today more than anything, I wish Martins was back, I'm not convinced Viduka offers much more than Smith, of course Viduka is more likely to score but given Viduka's lack of mobility and work ethic, is he much better ?

Viduka is better than Smith without doubt, he holds the ball up very well, but what he needs around him is runners, as when he holds it up, he's got no movement around him to pick people out with his clever little passes or flicks.