Why Al said no

JawD

The fundamental point being, Shearer considers himself and his ideology above anything that the dinosaur Keegan might have to offer. An apologetic but affirmed distancing is the best he could possibly have hoped for.

The fundamental point being, Shearer considers himself and his ideology above anything that the dinosaur Keegan might have to offer. An apologetic but affirmed distancing is the best he could possibly have hoped for.

Dinosaur Keegan ?

What a load of shite.

If you ignore all the fluff, this for me is the key point:

Shearer said: "Right now, I think the last thing they would need is another dom

inant personality, another name.

"It needs one personality driving things forward at the club and that is Kevin Keegan.

"It needs to be his way and if it is, I think he can turn things round. Myself and Kevin were just too similar personalities, we are both opinionated.

"We are both single-minded and have our ideas about how things should be done. That is not the best mix, you need to be different.

"So, for plenty of reasons, I had to say no."

Of course he must have his own idea's. If he wants to be a manager he will have to have. I very much doubt they are the same idea's as KK. What they are Ive no idea, they could be fantastic or they could be shite. But, fact is how could he work alongside KK if he didnt agree with KKs way of playing? We all knew AS was to have further talks for KK so at some point, he had to come out and say yes or no. I dont see any of what he said as patronising, just saying it as it is.

I do think he was maybe pissed of at not getting the role himself, understandable if he wanted it, I also think that maybe he has chucked his toys out of the pram. But I dont see how you dont any of this is true? Sounds very plausible to me. I just cant get my head around the stick he is getting on here for saying what he has? If he said nothing he'd be getting stick for not putting an and to the speculation?

Shearer played for Keegan.

They were good friends.

What did he learn from that 4 hour meeting that he didn't know already? He knew before he even went that it "needs one personality driving things forward at the club and that is Kevin Keegan"

Before the meeting had he expected Keegan to turn up and say "My problem Big Al, is that I've lost all my personality, and I need someone to come in as a number 2 - actually, more of a partner..scratch that, you'd be the boss - anyway, someone who can be a bit stronger than me in that respect, someone for the players to look to for a bit more single-minded determination".

Because from his quotes, that was the ONLY way he was going to be joining the staff. Loved the footballer, but the man is a self-promoting, egocentric mong.

I think the top and bottom of it is KK tols him hes boss, he has final say in all team selections, team buys etc. etc.

I think thats what hes implying with his whole 'we are both strong minded individuals' quote. I dont know what he expected like.

'Yes Alan, so im the manager, but if I do something you dont like just tell me and il roll over and let you do it your way instead!'