NUFC V Smogs

Happy Face

I feel relieved rather than disapointed, we could easily have lost that, but due to the referee due as much to the oposition, you get the feeling he ruled out their late goal to atone for his fuck up with our goal at the begning, their equaliser was offside in my opinon, a frustrating game with some frustrating performances that make the lack of investiment in players in January all the more mind-boggling.

Lucky we didn't 'panick buy' eh?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel relieved rather than disapointed, we could easily have lost that, but due to the referee due as much to the oposition, you get the feeling he ruled out their late goal to atone for his fuck up with our goal at the begning, their equaliser was offside in my opinon, a frustrating game with some frustrating performances that make the lack of investiment in players in January all the more mind-boggling.

Yeah, the prospect of watching the likes of Alan Smith masquerade as footballers in a black and white shirt just thrills me...

Yeah, the prospect of watching the likes of Alan Smith masquerade as footballers in a black and white shirt just thrills me...

The midfield as it is, it's going to be difficult to score more than one goal against anyone. I know a lot of people thought today would be a walkover with all the KK hype etc..But I never saw it that way and I won't be far off my prediction of 3 straight losses. We didn't buy properly in the summer (as SA has attested too reg money) and we have been totally negligent this window. Might even be catastrophically so....I really hope not.

Just back in. Poor game in all, game to life a bit late on. First half both sides were poor. No idea why Owens goal was ruled out so Ill have to see that again. Barton I thought was coming inside too much giving us no width on the right.

Second half seemed better when Milner came on though Id have done a straight swap for Barton. That said, barton was better when pulled inside. I thought Duffs goal was onside and I also thought their equaliser was offside. So thats about 3-1 to us then?

About our play though, I thought we were caught in possession far too many times. Does no one shout man-on anymore like? When the equalised I thought our whole side was standing still like rabbits in headlights. Offside or not we all seemed to stand and watch.

Oh, and boro, its not a fucking Derby.

I felt we should have pipped that today and had the chances to do so particularly Owen and Viduka later on. Boro are a bunch of dirty bastards, I'll give them that.

Given is looking more and more like a dodgy keeper as each game goes by but he's the least of our worries at the moment.

All over them in the first half but nothing to show for it at the break. Seems to me I've watched this scenario many, many times over the years. With all the pocession we had in the first half we really didn't look that threatening and in truth, the odd time Boro approached our goal I was biting me nails.

Another match we should have won and very nearly lost, another disappointing result. I'll never get used to it and god knows I've had plenty of time, it hurts now as much as it did 60 some years ago when you lose points that should have been in the bank.

Just got in, We were lucky to come away with anything at the end there. God knows how Owen got MOM when Cacapa and Taylor saved our bacon time and time again.

I can count on 1 hand the amount of shots at goal we have had in the last 5 games! Not headers, but actual struck shots at goal. Smith and Owen both look scared to have a crack and instead lay it off where it inevitably gets lost and back up the other end again.

Likewise, Duff and Zoggy. How many times do they have a chance to put a cross in but decide to turn in, and then back out again, at which point they have lost the ball!

Given looks dodgier by the game, slow off his line, shit kicking.

Taylor was our best player by a mile IMO.

I was gobsmacked to get in the car after and turn on talksport only to hear the presenter asking NUFC fans to ring up and tell them what it was like to have sexy football back at St James!?!?!? Was I at a different fucking match!!!

Hmmm.. 1 point is better than nowt but we should've won.

- Cacapa or Taylor should have been MOM for me rather than Owen, both made some excellent challenges.

- Given needs dropping, he fumbled the ball on a number of occasions and as usual his distribution was shit.

- Their goal looked offside to me, but even so our players should've actually MOVED instead of just standing there - worry about the ref's decision after, not during.

- Thought the ref and linesmen were poor throughout, pleased they correctly disallowed that late goal Boro scored though.

EDIT.. oh and I fucking hate our fans leaving in the 89th minute, stopping on the stairs to stick two fingers up towards the Boro fans on their way out.. either stay til the end or fuck straight off, thanks.

Edited by alreetlike

I recorded it on Sky+ and watched back over it. I reckon Owens first goal should have stood. 1-0 us. Duff's offside was marginal and an arguable one. So was their goal at the end that got ruled for offside. So, 1-0 or 2-1 both similar. Their actual goal I reckon was offside. They had two players 1 yard offside but not huth who scored. I still reckon the other two were interfering. So, we should have won. :razz:

Cacapa was class today I thought.

Agree. Apart from a shaky moment against O'Neil, he was really good, and his goal-saving clearance was breathtaking.

But the media will give him little praise for it, they are too obsessed with labeling him the new Bramble/Boumsong.

Two shitty teams today. We were bad enough to make boro look semi-decent! At least we can, and will, get better whereas boro will stagnate forever iyam.

Some shitty refereeing decisions as well I thought, but that shouldn't mask the fact that we were quite poor a lot of the time.

We should have scored at least one more after we went 1-0 up, but couldn't make the game safe.

I think Barton was supposed to be playing on the right?? Poor Carr was exposed quite a lot down our right hand side but shitty boro were too stupid to take advantage of it - a better side would have made us pay.

I really couldn't say who was motm as evryone played much of a muchness. I would probably give it to Duff who showed some good touches and determination at times.

Cacapa was class today I thought.

Agree. Apart from a shaky moment against O'Neil, he was really good, and his goal-saving clearance was breathtaking.

But the media will give him little praise for it, they are too obsessed with labeling him the new Bramble/Boumsong.

Fuck me, that Mackem slag Louise Taylor gave him Man of the Match in her Guardian match report!!

....and as .com point out...

Level Seven seats remain on sale. Prices from: £31 adults, £27 OAPs & £19 bairns (CAT A).

The SJP Box Office from 9am-3pm on Saturday and from 11am to kickoff on Sunday. Seats also on sale in all NUFC club shops (not @ SJP).

Phone sales via 0191 261 1571 can be made in Box Office hours and online here at any time.

Get yourself there.

Cant afford anything above £25 like :lol:, with trainfare from Uni on top.

Im trying to get a free ticket through my mate like B)

Can the people meeting in the Trent have a whipround for the poor lad please, I'm welling up here.

oliver_twist.jpg

;)

Ended up in Bar 1892 tbh B)

Ended up in Bar 1892 tbh :lol:

God bless whomsoever* your Mr Brownlow might have been.

*When exactly should one use "whoever", "whosoever" or "whomsoever"? It sounds right above, but I wouldn't have a clue.