Newcastle 3 Middlesborough 1

uguysarefunny

If we had bought Hutton and Woodgate we could take a couple of points from Man.U. hmm ...

I know we're playing the long game like , lots of young players (no oldies who won't come here)

but I'm still hoping for the instant grantification like kev.

Good post.

IMO we should have gone the extra mile to sign both these players

Don't suppose it will change some "opinions" that the clubs current transfer policy of bringing in 17 year old kids and hoping to gain success on the cheap is the way to go instead.

Mind boggling.

Still, Alex Ferguson has spent a lot of money, as have the other trophy winning clubs, but I'm sure those who agree that buying cheap shite is the way forward

If we had bought Hutton and Woodgate we could take a couple of points from Man.U. hmm ...

I know we're playing the long game like , lots of young players (no oldies who won't come here)

Good post.

Don't suppose it will change some "opinions" that the clubs current transfer policy of bringing in 17 year old kids and hoping to gain success on the cheap is the way to go instead.

Mind boggling.

Still, Alex Ferguson has spent a lot of money, as have the other trophy winning clubs, but I'm sure those who agree that buying cheap shite is the way forward

Know a lot about these lads do you leazes?

Good post.

Mind boggling.

You reckon? :razz:

Good post.

Mind boggling.

:razz: What does this post even mean? You're like an alcoholic bum arguing with an invisible foe.

Good post.

Mind boggling.

Worst post and the poorest attempt of trying to make a point I've witnessed in quite a while.

Good post.

Mind boggling.

:razz: What does this post even mean? You're like an alcoholic bum arguing with an invisible foe.

B):brrr::icon_lol:

I hate this "Friend of a friend" rumour lark, but here it goes....

Apparently, Woodgate had to leave the area altogether because of problems relating to drugs and local gangs. To say that if we'd sign him his lack of kneecaps would be the problem, not his hamstring, would be a fair assessment.

Apparently, Woodgate had to leave the area altogether because of problems relating to drugs and local gangs. To say that if we'd sign him his lack of kneecaps would be the problem, not his hamstring, would be a fair assessment.

A friend of mine went to school with Woodgate, she told me about parties at his with powder everywhere for guests to help themselves.

A Middlesbrough gangster held a gun to Woodgate's head the weekend before he moved. Maybe he decided Tyneside was a bit too close.

It's part of the reason, but not the full reason.

NE5 I fancy mesel as a bit of a Bergerac if am honest, and I've said this to you before, I'll say it again. I reckon you're Freddie Shepherd OR a close associate of the portly Jesmond Dene based businessman. I reckon one day you'll admit it. I'm not saying this for a laugh, I'm saying it because I genuinely believe, you're at worst an associate. There is so much evidence to back it up.

As for this "cheap shite", I can't get me heed roond ye remark. Mort/Ashley have looked at the Arsenal model of buying young unknowns and turning them in to world stars via an intricate scouting network, and rigid technical infrastructure within the club. NE5, what would you rather have Kolo Toure for 250k or Jean Alain Boumsong for 8.5m? By investing in young talent, they're moving away from the way the club has been run for too long. Robson in fairness bought young talent, but it looks like we're going to follow the Arsenal way of buying it even younger. At the end of the day not all these younguns we buy are going to be class players in the future, but look at Arsenal, they've produced and bought kids who aren't good enough, has that harmed them has it fuck? At the end of the day just because we're signing younguns as well, why does that have to mean we've given up on signing top class international players?

What we should have done is told Ashley to fuck off and spent £20-30m on proven internationals by using the money we didn't have at the bank because the massive overdraft wasn't really there. And as we had that sponsorship with Northern Rock we could have just asked for another cushy loan as they're a solid line of credit. And we wouldn't have had to worry about being technically insolvent because all that really matters in results on the pitch. Seeing as we had a manager with minimal knowledge of the current transfer market we could have relied on some mates to recommend a centre half, maybe one from a former club who has seen him do well. He might even be French and could one day even play for Juventus, he'd be that good.

Check out some of the 'shite' 17-year olds current league leaders Arsenal have signed in recent years. Not all a success, but bang for buck it's undeniably good business on and off the pitch.

Good post.

Mind boggling.

You reckon? ;)

:lol:

Good post.

Mind boggling.

Know a lot about these lads do you leazes?

I like what I have seen of Hutton, which I have posted months ago somewhere. Not everybody needs to see players play 25 times to judge them.

My point about the board and the lack of signings stands. And if we lose our next 2 games - not that I'm the negative sort at all - we will be perilously close to the drop zone.

Still, I'm sure people will say that not buying players was a good business decision. Or something like that anyway. Much better than the fat bastard who backed his managers and aimed for europe all the time, at least, wouldn't you say, but don't let the fact that he's a fat bastard that ate all the pies influence your judgement of how the club performed on the field.

NE5 I fancy mesel as a bit of a Bergerac if am honest, and I've said this to you before, I'll say it again. I reckon you're Freddie Shepherd OR a close associate of the portly Jesmond Dene based businessman. I reckon one day you'll admit it. I'm not saying this for a laugh, I'm saying it because I genuinely believe, you're at worst an associate. There is so much evidence to back it up.

As for this "cheap shite", I can't get me heed roond ye remark. Mort/Ashley have looked at the Arsenal model of buying young unknowns and turning them in to world stars via an intricate scouting network, and rigid technical infrastructure within the club. NE5, what would you rather have Kolo Toure for 250k or Jean Alain Boumsong for 8.5m? By investing in young talent, they're moving away from the way the club has been run for too long. Robson in fairness bought young talent, but it looks like we're going to follow the Arsenal way of buying it even younger. At the end of the day not all these younguns we buy are going to be class players in the future, but look at Arsenal, they've produced and bought kids who aren't good enough, has that harmed them has it fuck? At the end of the day just because we're signing younguns as well, why does that have to mean we've given up on signing top class international players?

I go by what I see Stevie. If we slide down the league, there will be people saying that we should have bought a player in the transfer window. If we go down, it will cost a lot lot more than paying a bit over the odds to get a player in now, 6 months early too, which is also relevant to any slightly higher fee.

Saying that we copy the Arsenal model is just as much wishful thinking as saying Souness was right to bin the "bad eggs" and copy the Alex Ferguson model. The only way to be successful is to have the best players, the players other clubs want.

At the end of the day, this summer will tell us everything.

Who is happy with Dennis Wise being appointed by the way, and the possible impact it may have on Keegan, if he isn't happy about it ? Is this a good way to run a football club or not ?

I've never met Freddie Shepherd in my life. The only thing, or the major thing, I ask of directors, is that they show ambition and back their manager.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Ashley/Mort have to match those Champions League qualifications to match the last board, and sustain it or win a trophy to better it. Until they do this, they have proved absoluetly jack shit fuck all.

Edited by LeazesMag

Good post.

Mind boggling.

:lol: What does this post even mean? You're like an alcoholic bum arguing with an invisible foe.

;)B) B)

Your username betrays your lack of judgement and intelligence, if you think that THAT tosser justified his fee and being brought to the club. Keegan only made a few mistakes, but he was one of the biggest.

So, there's only one idiot here, but as with other people, I don't expect you to understand the point.

Its fairly simple really. Are you happy with last summers transfers and running the club as a "business". If you are, stop fuckin moaning about the league position, which may get worse.

Who exactly is saying that they prefer the club to bring in youngsters and hope they will turn the club into world beaters over signing proven class?

What people are actually saying is that they are happy we didn't just spend money for the hell of it on players that aren't good enough. Transfers take time (Woodgate's move to Spurs was well under way before Keegan was even appointed, as was Huttons) and scouting players takes even longer. Keegan simply didn't have the time to bring in the type of player that we need in January so he elected not to spunk away £8m on another Boumsong or waste time with Babayarou's or Onagooch's who do nothing but cost a packet in transfer fees and wages.

January is a notoriously hard time in which to do any decent deals because clubs don't want to lose decent players as they don't have the time to find a replacement or integrate them into their team. And top players don't want to leave clubs that have a chance of winning something to move to a team that might be able to make something of themselves next year (Woodgate signed for us when Leeds were starting to get into deep shit and we had an outside chance of even winning the league nevermind qualifying for Europe). Spurs could offer a cup final and European football this season, we couldn't (something that has more to do with our previous board than our current I might add).

We are in a fortunate position where we have teams like Derby, Fulham, Wigan, Birmingham, Reading and the makems below us so we're not in a desperate position where we had to panic buy. Keegan realised this and instead of gambling on a foreign player he new nowt about or filling the club with more over paid shite we can't get off the wages, he decided to keep his money for the summer when he will have a realistic chance of convincing players he knows he wants to come to the club. I believe this to be true because unlike previous managers we know Keegan would never have signed on in the first place unless he was convinced he would be given the oppertunity to spend.

That is what people are happy with you muppet. But I wouldn't expect you to understand this.

Good post.

Mind boggling.

:lol: What does this post even mean? You're like an alcoholic bum arguing with an invisible foe.

;)B) B)

Your username betrays your lack of judgement and intelligence, if you think that THAT tosser justified his fee and being brought to the club. Keegan only made a few mistakes, but he was one of the biggest.

So, there's only one idiot here, but as with other people, I don't expect you to understand the point.

Its fairly simple really. Are you happy with last summers transfers and running the club as a "business". If you are, stop fuckin moaning about the league position, which may get worse.

Leazes, for fuck sake, Shepherd was running the club like a Big Brother wannabe with a credit card.

It will work for a bit and even look flash, but then people want their money back. When it turns out you've spent an absolute fortune on the basis that you're about to become a "celeb" but your income is only a tiny little dribble from opening nightclubs in Kent then you're fucked. When Shearer put his penalty over the bar against Partizan Belgrade it all went tits up. The plan unravelled.

Shepherd spent like Elton John but the club's income was only Jade Goody.

We were right not to sign anyone in the summer. We are right to be targeting young kids as future prospects and get the academy working for us. We WILL sign established players next summer. We wont get relegated. We wont qualify for europe.

Ok, thats got that lot out of the way. I really dont see what the point of signing players this winter was just for the sake of it? Why not give KK the rest of the season to work with this squad and have a much better idea where to go come the summer? Sure a couple of players would have been nice, but I dont think any would have made a huge difference to the outcome of this season. On relegation, I still think we could slip back a couple of places. We still have some tough games but also some very winnable ones. I just dont see us dropped so far back that 5 teams will leapfrog us. Its the usual, we are bad, but there are teams a whole lot worse. We have a tough little run come up but then it does get easier (somewhat).

So, Im happy at the moment. I can see things getting put in place behind the scenes. Ive already wrote this season off. We may finish 15 - 11th but come the summer we should have identified quite a few targets and be ready for 08/09. Id hope that we'd then sign a good number of players that would be starters as well as continuing to find kids.