Opticians

Glasgow Mag

It's free if you receive benefits, are under 19 and in full time education, are over 60, have diabetes, or are aged over 40 with a family history of glaucoma. Other than that you should pay, although as Craig says, if you use a screen for your work your employer should either be in a scheme to provide you with free eye care or refund you your costs.

I'd go to a decent local independent rather than one of the big boys if you feel you don't want pressure selling.

I'd go to a decent local independent rather than one of the big boys if you feel you don't want pressure selling.

Would agree with this - I use Specsavers mind and they're fucking shite, they always make my glasses wrong first time so they need to be taken back and done again. Really should go elsewhere. :razz:

Some of them piss me right off like, a lass from work (a young, slightly naive type) went to get her eyes tested for the first time and needed glasses. She came back and proudly announced that she'd paid £250 or something and only realised this wasn't normal when everyone started laughing - they'd gone and sold her scratch resistant lenses and every other possible 'extra' on top of designer glasses. Obviously seen her coming a mile off, no need for that like.

Would agree with this - I use Specsavers mind and they're fucking shite, they always make my glasses wrong first time so they need to be taken back and done again. Really should go elsewhere. :razz:

Some of them piss me right off like, a lass from work (a young, slightly naive type) went to get her eyes tested for the first time and needed glasses. She came back and proudly announced that she'd paid £250 or something and only realised this wasn't normal when everyone started laughing - they'd gone and sold her scratch resistant lenses and every other possible 'extra' on top of designer glasses. Obviously seen her coming a mile off, no need for that like.

thats what good eyesight does B)

Last time I went for an eye test, I asked them for my pupilary distance (PD). Got some shitty comment along the lines of "you're not considering buying them off the internet are you, they're a right bunch of cowboys and you'll end up with more eye problems that enough!"

Anyway they gave me the details and I ordered a pair off http://googles4u.com/ for £15....

Best pair of glasses I've ever had B)

Would agree with this - I use Specsavers mind and they're fucking shite, they always make my glasses wrong first time so they need to be taken back and done again. Really should go elsewhere. :lol:

Last time I went for an eye test, I asked them for my pupilary distance (PD). Got some shitty comment along the lines of "you're not considering buying them off the internet are you, they're a right bunch of cowboys and you'll end up with more eye problems that enough!"

Anyway they gave me the details and I ordered a pair off http://googles4u.com/ for £15....

Best pair of glasses I've ever had ;)

http://goggles4u.com/

Guest Patrokles

Over here without insurance I got hit for about 500 quid for a new pair. I only went in to talk about getting different contact lenses.

I've used Specsavers for years and never had a problem. You can get designer frames from about £100 and get a second pair of the same prescription free.

Yep, got two nice designer frames for £150 today, good deal.