Putting the doom and gloom aside...

Park Life

emre is more creative than anyone else we've got in the middle of the park. not to say that he shouldn't be replaced in the long term but he's our best bet in that position until the next transfer window. i'm still hopeful he can contibute something. like others have said, he's got the touch and technique but needs to stay fit and find more consistency. a few goals from central midfield wouldn't hurt either.

back on topic - putting the doom and gloom aside....we should have just enough to avoid relegation

emre is more creative than anyone else we've got in the middle of the park. not to say that he shouldn't be replaced in the long term but he's our best bet in that position until the next transfer window. i'm still hopeful he can contibute something. like others have said, he's got the touch and technique but needs to stay fit and find more consistency. a few goals from central midfield wouldn't hurt either.

back on topic - putting the doom and gloom aside....we should have just enough to avoid relegation

Really? You'd play him over Charlie there would you?

Anyway what's it matter he left the field on the weekend because of a hamstring strain, he'll be out until May.

n'zogbia is far too light weight for the centre of midfiled but emre is not much better. Play him in his position wide left as he's rubbish at LB and flog emre in the summer.

How about we play Emre as LB because he can't tackle, Duff in the centre because he's HUGE and Charlie on the right?

:lol:

Didn't we already try that?

Oh yeah, that's how we got to this place in the first place.

A decent DM, Faye maybe, and Charlie would be fine in the CM.

It's not as if we've got another creative player in the squad.

Keegan needs to threaten to let Terry Mac fuck him everytime he tries one of those useless shots from 30 yards out with 11 defenders inbetween him and the goals but other than that he'll do fine.

We also need to start with a right midfielder, Lua Lua or Troisi (although you have to wonder what has happened there) maybe, instead of either huff and puff Barton or can't cross Milner.

We could do with a top quality centreback to play with Faye, a defensive midfielder to replace Butt, an attacking midielder to replace the void that we currently have, a right winger who can deliver the ball to replace Milner and a striker who can hold the ball up but is also mobile to replace Viduka/Smith/Shola.

I agree with this. Taylor is too young and brash to be considered an automatic selection, so therefore we do need a commanding centreback. Nicky Butt cannot pass a ball. In fact he's part of the reason why we are so shit now that the team is attempting to play with passing movement. He needs to be replaced.

A door opener is definately needed in the middle. RW is a concern. Milner tries his best, but his final delivery is atrocious. I'd keep Milner as a sqaud player though, but we need someone with a bit more technique to play RW.

I'd keep Viduka, but he needs to play with players with pace to make use of his skills. But we are missing a strong, athletic type of striker who can actually get decent shots on target. Saying we need one is easy. Finding someone with those types of attributes is another. Oh and there is the little problem of finding a player who can deliver a decent free kick. Emre is the only one we have atm, but he's only available to play 1 in every 4 games. He's not the type of player you can really rely on.

As For Charles N'Zogbia...he is too lightweight to play in the centre. He is at his best with a bit of room to move. He'd be constantly bumped off the ball in the middle, and he'd lose possession too easily. I'd keep Emre in the centre for now and see if KK can get some consistency out of him until the summer where hopefully KK can get some better players in.

Tell you sometihng about Emre, he fucks me off because we all know he's got the ability but time and time again he sits rather than pushes on. Frustrating as fuck.

He sits because he hasn't got the engine to get up and down imo. Trouble is, the emphasis is on him to push on a bit when he's alongside Butt. Yet again though he looks ordinary when he starts.

n'zogbia is far too light weight for the centre of midfiled but emre is not much better. Play him in his position wide left as he's rubbish at LB and flog emre in the summer.

correct, although i'd keep emre as a reserve centre mid. he's not as bad as some make out.

Tell you sometihng about Emre, he fucks me off because we all know he's got the ability but time and time again he sits rather than pushes on. Frustrating as fuck.

He sits because he hasn't got the engine to get up and down imo. Trouble is, the emphasis is on him to push on a bit when he's alongside Butt. Yet again though he looks ordinary when he starts.

Souey was quoted a few months back wondering why he (Emre) hadn't done more in the PL. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

I think Barton pushing on and Geremi sitting in might be the short-term answer in the middle.

The only problem being that Geremi will actually need 'to sit' (on a chair), with his 40 yr old legs (Mourinho).

Good to hoy on for 20-30 mins but that's about it. He'd probably be better in a midfield 3 tbf but he isn't worth playing 4-3-3 / 3-5-2 or whatever for. Edit: Emre that is.

Edited by alex

I think Barton pushing on and Geremi sitting in might be the short-term answer in the middle.

The only problem being that Geremi will actually need 'to sit' (on a chair), with his 40 yr old legs (Mourinho).

I just think if you stuck him there it would suit him and he'd link midfield and defence better than Butt who looks pretty shit atm. Plus, we've tried just about everything else. Barton looks a bit more like his old self too, especially when he moved to the centre. It's not ideal, but we're short of options in there.

Souey was quoted a few months back wondering why he (Emre) hadn't done more in the PL. :lol:

Even when he does have a run of reasonable form he usually then seems to manage to get himself red carded.

I just think if you stuck him there it would suit him and he'd link midfield and defence better than Butt who looks pretty shit atm. Plus, we've tried just about everything else. Barton looks a bit more like his old self too, especially when he moved to the centre. It's not ideal, but we're short of options in there.

I watched the second half of Cameroon's game last night and while he didn't have a lot to do at rightback, with Tunisia mainly attacking down the other flank, he looked good in posession, rarely giving the ball away and knocking in some good balls. His legs never got him overlapping the winger which might support the his legs are fucked argument, but I agree he could be the best bet for sitting role as long as we manage to get someone running off him. Barton hasn't done this as much as I expected so far but he's had a very stop start time of it (to say the least) so maybe he might improve given a run.

I would like to see Emre get a run though but he has to push on a lot more if that's what we're going to do.

I watched the second half of Cameroon's game last night and while he didn't have a lot to do at rightback, with Tunisia mainly attacking down the other flank, he looked good in posession, rarely giving the ball away and knocking in some good balls. His legs never got him overlapping the winger which might support the his legs are fucked argument, but I agree he could be the best bet for sitting role as long as we manage to get someone running off him. Barton hasn't done this as much as I expected so far but he's had a very stop start time of it (to say the least) so maybe he might improve given a run.

I would like to see Emre get a run though but he has to push on a lot more if that's what we're going to do.

He lacks the main requirement for the modern DM ie legs. :lol:

I swear to god even on my 20 a day habit I'd run this cunt into the ground. ;)

Edited by Park Life

Geremi scored one of Cameroon's goals direct from a free kick. Put it on Youtube, send it to 'appy 'arry and sell him to Pompey for an extra million than normal. Sorted.