FAO: T-Keith: Fender Strings

MarkyMark

T-Keith - 3bitbob mentioned you advised him on which guitar to buy and he went and bought one - not long after I bought my first guitar, a fender strat.

I've practiced with it every day since november and I'm getting better day by day - he hasn't touched his guitar for 2 weeks. tsk tsk.

Anyway, i need some spare strings but cant find anywhere on the net that will tell me exactly what kind it needs.

I'm looking for Fender Super Bullets as this is what it came with. Its a 2007 (I think) Mexican Strat with Maple neck. Any Ideas which gauge I need for the guitar.

TIA

Click For Fender Strings

Get these in a 'regular' size as i reckon that's what a Standard strat will have as a Factory set up. These are decent strings however with fender you are often paying for the name, probably cheaper to buy in bulk from these guys too.

Click for Better Strings

These are slightly better strings for a strat (which is ironic), they sound better tonally and they will sustain longer than the Fenders, again it would be good to buy in bulk.

Good luck.

:lol:

Thanks for the post. Might go for the EB's and will deffo bulk buy. The strings that are on the strat now have seen better days and the G and B strings seem to have gone very black already. I clean the neck and strings after each time I play but remember those strings weren't as shiny as the rest when I recieved the guitar.

Plus I've got a problem with rattle on those same strings (although thats probably more likely to be down to me). Think I'll change them as soon as I get them.

Thanks for the post. Might go for the EB's and will deffo bulk buy. The strings that are on the strat now have seen better days and the G and B strings seem to have gone very black already. I clean the neck and strings after each time I play but remember those strings weren't as shiny as the rest when I recieved the guitar.

Plus I've got a problem with rattle on those same strings (although thats probably more likely to be down to me). Think I'll change them as soon as I get them.

If it's rattling it might just be worth getting set up properly.

Ask for thin strings and a low action and it will be easier to learn on. Then buy the corresponding strings in bulk separately.