Summer Fun!

Park Life

Oh and Wolfgang (as I can see you're reading this), Moore actually looked like a footballer for 65 minutes last night.

Maybe someone could put him on their wish list!

He is on my "Players I don't want to get not injured" wishlist. :P

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mohamed Aboutreika.

".....and one creative type in Mohamed Aboutreika (Egypt and El-Ahly) to unpick defensive locks. Like fellow Egyptian Essam El-Hadary, Aboutreika has spent most of his career at El-Ahly, but this Africa XI needs a creative midfielder, so “the Egyptian Zidane” gets the nod."

Again wouldn't be massive money.

Nominated for African footballer of the year 2006

"Aboutreika, who is Egypt's newest idol according to the FIFA.com expression[1], was nominated to win the 2006 CAF African Footballer of the Year award. Mohamed Aboutreika had been nominated for the Award along with Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o."

Starting tonight in the AM role. :P

Mohamed Aboutreika.

".....and one creative type in Mohamed Aboutreika (Egypt and El-Ahly) to unpick defensive locks. Like fellow Egyptian Essam El-Hadary, Aboutreika has spent most of his career at El-Ahly, but this Africa XI needs a creative midfielder, so “the Egyptian Zidane” gets the nod."

"Aboutreika, who is Egypt's newest idol according to the FIFA.com expression[1], was nominated to win the 2006 CAF African Footballer of the Year award. Mohamed Aboutreika had been nominated for the Award along with Chelsea striker Didier Drogba and Barcelona forward Samuel Eto'o."

Starting tonight in the AM role. :P

don't care what league he plays in, geezer looks like he can make things happen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AUxLraKhMoU&feature=related

I'd risk a couple mill on him, doesn't look like too much of a push-over either.

Someone else had us getting one or two million more for Rozey than we paid for him, of course because his reputation as a player has become a whole lot better since he signed for the toon.

Lazio have paid one million euros now and, if they want to use the option and buy Rozehnal in the summer, will have to pay a further five million euros to Newcastle.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3103377,00.html

:P

Someone else had us getting one or two million more for Rozey than we paid for him, of course because his reputation as a player has become a whole lot better since he signed for the toon.

Lazio have paid one million euros now and, if they want to use the option and buy Rozehnal in the summer, will have to pay a further five million euros to Newcastle.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3103377,00.html

:P

:D

If that is true (and I don't believe it for a second) that makes a total of about 4 million pounds.

It's not going to happen, just watch he'll be back here at the end of this season and we'll be trying to give him away.

In:

Jason Culina DM - Free

Marco Bresciano AM - £8mil

Ken, are you one of us in disguise?

Culina had a good game last night by the way.

Nah mate. I is English, but am an adopted Southerner (London). I've been to Australia a few times though and know Sydney pretty well.

I brought Jason Culina up as I believe he is the perfect man to replace the useless Nicky Butt. I watch the Dutch league with interest and he's done well for PSV. I know his contract is up this season so he'd cost nothing. I remember him from the World Cup also. His passing both long and short is second to none, and he protects the two centre halves well, he used to be an attacking player too so I think he's the perfect KK type player.

As for Bresciano, I think he'd do well in the PL myself. IIRC Sven had him at Man City this season but his Italian club pulled the plug at the last minute because they couldn't get someone to replace him. Great freekicks, great eye for a pass, loves to get in the box. He has qualities that none of our current squad have. We missed out on Elano, so we should get straight in and get Bresciano imo. Direct replacement for Emre.

Edited by Ken

In:

Jason Culina DM - Free

Nah mate. I is English, but am an adopted Southerner (London). I've been to Australia a few times though and know Sydney pretty well.

I brought Jason Culina up as I believe he is the perfect man to replace the useless Nicky Butt. I watch the Dutch league with interest and he's done well for PSV. I know his contract is up this season so he'd cost nothing. I remember him from the World Cup also. His passing both long and short is second to none, and he protects the two centre halves well, he used to be an attacking player too so I think he's the perfect KK type player.

As for Bresciano, I think he'd do well in the PL myself. IIRC Sven had him at Man City this season but his Italian club pulled the plug at the last minute because they couldn't get someone to replace him. Great freekicks, great eye for a pass, loves to get in the box. He has qualities that none of our current squad have. We missed out on Elano, so we should get straight in and get Bresciano imo. Direct replacement for Emre.

Ken, I knew you were english from our various conversations but thought maybe you were living here, mind you after your quip at me over sacking Allardyce it's lucky you're not because I would of sent my mum 'round! :P

Culina would be a great shout, especially on a free and as much as he's a twat I'd rather see us in for Cahill than Marco.

I'd also like to know what the hell is going on with Troisi because the games I've seen him play (for Australia) he's been outstanding.

The only problem I see with having to many Australians is the long and drawn out world cup qualifying process. I'd hate for two of our first choice midfielders to be knackers every game after an international round and I'd hate to see them not available for our country because they have club responsibilities.

In:

Jason Culina DM - Free

Ken, I knew you were english from our various conversations but thought maybe you were living here, mind you after your quip at me over sacking Allardyce it's lucky you're not because I would of sent my mum 'round! :P

Culina would be a great shout, especially on a free and as much as he's a twat I'd rather see us in for Cahill than Marco.

I'd also like to know what the hell is going on with Troisi because the games I've seen him play (for Australia) he's been outstanding.

The only problem I see with having to many Australians is the long and drawn out world cup qualifying process. I'd hate for two of our first choice midfielders to be knackers every game after an international round and I'd hate to see them not available for our country because they have club responsibilities.

I'm usually pretty reserved in the worst of times, but things did look pear-shaped for a while there and my passion and concern got the better of me. My apologies friend, and tell your mum there's no need to roll up her sleeves. :D Thankfully now things have settled a bit and there is a bit of direction about the place.

Tim Cahill would be a superb buy, but the fact is he wouldn't leave Everton for us. That's not to say that the players I named would leave their respective clubs for Newcastle, but Cahill has something good going on at Everton and he'd be foolish to move. His predatory skills would be invaluable though. He guarantees 12-15 goals a season every season from midfield.

Is he better than Bresciano?...yes probably, the way the game is played in the PL. I rate Bresciano as probably the most technically gifted Aussie, but Cahill has the spark and scoring ability as a midfielder and he's proven himself.

I'd have Bresciano at the club regardless though. Better than Emre, and has more skill than the whole of our current midfield combined. Sven wanted him at Man City, and that's good enough for me. KK will need to target unproven quality in the summer and Bresciano fits the bill.

Have a look at Joe Cole and tell me if he's too small for the PL. In fact he's one of the better Englishmen playing football so size means bugger all if you have the quality in certain cases.

In:

Jason Culina DM - Free

Culina yes, Bresciano no.

In:

Jason Culina DM - Free

Would like to see more of Troisi.

In:

Jason Culina DM - Free

Culina yes, Bresciano no.

Culina yes, yes. Bresciano yes. Both players would prosper imo.

Mohamed Aboutreika.

Starting tonight in the AM role. <_<

don't care what league he plays in, geezer looks like he can make things happen: http://youtube.com/watch?v=AUxLraKhMoU&feature=related

I'd risk a couple mill on him, doesn't look like too much of a push-over either.

Scored the winner tonight. :nufc:

• 2 months later...

Transfers In:

Carlos Cuéllar (£4-5m)

Tiago Mendes (£7-8m)

Niko Kranjčar (£7-8m)

Roque Santa Cruz (£10-12m)

Jimmy Bullard (£3-4m)

Steven Fletcher (£2-3m)

Stephen McManus (£3-4m)

Total: £36m

Transfers Out:

Damien Duff (£3m)

Charles N’Zogbia (£7m)

Shola Ameobi (£2m)

Emre Belozoglu (£4m)

Alan Smith (£4m)

Claudio Caçapa (£500k)

Steven Carr (£500k)

Total: £21m

NUFC: 4-3-1-2

Steve Harper

Habib Beye – Abdoulaye Faye – Carlos Cuéllar – José Enrique

Joey Barton – Tiago Mendes – Niko Kranjčar

Michael Owen

Roque Santa Cruz– Obafemi Martins

Subs: Shay Given, Steven Taylor, Stephen McManus, Jimmy Bullard, James Milner, Mark Viduka, Steven Fletcher, Geremi Njitap, Nicky Butt, David Edgar, Andy Carroll, Fraser Forster.

£10-12m for Santa Cruz?

Fuck me.

Funny, last summer he would have been considered an injury prone striker from a dodgy league with a poor goal record...

I am surprised about how well he coped with English football as well tbh.

It never ceases to amaze me, how Australian Newcastle fans vaunt their home grown players above others available... as if being Australian grants them something extraordinary.

It never ceases to amaze me, how Australian Newcastle fans vaunt their home grown players above others available... as if being Australian grants them something extraordinary.

I take it you mean Culina and Bresciano. Both average imo.

Good shout for Jimmy Bullard, been playing in shite sides for too long.

I think he's looked pretty good this season when he's played like, always looked a threat and we could get him cheap enough when (if) they go down.

Absolutely, impressed at Wigan, been injured for a long time at Fulham but has has stood out amongst the rest of the shit there this season.

Always looks like he never wants to pass to his team mates because he thinks they're shit so just takes a shot. ;)

Good from free-kicks too, definite improvement on Geremi at least.