Aston Villa v Newcastle United

Bombadil

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One step forward four steps back!!

Words starting with the letter 'D' say it all.

Depressing.

Diabolical.

Doh.

Dire.

Disenchanting.

Dejected.

Damn.

Defective.

Deflated.

The list goes on in reference to the Dismal Display today. The Defence is like a sieve with its holes getting bigger with erosion.

Why Keegan did not play Viduka will remain a mystery until we find out the reason.

Why he did not start Enrique rather than Carr is another mystery.

Mysteries galore today, why wasn't Emre brought on sooner, why didn't Faye feature at all, why didn't Enrique feature at all??

In all honesty, even after Owen's early goal I don't think we ever looked like we could win, the improvement shown in our last two games looked to have Disappeard doon the netty.

Enrique has been injured. Viduka has been injured. And shite. Faye has been away and I'm guessing KK was trying to keep Cacapa and Taylor playing to get some sort of understanding. Obviously things didn't work out but I can understand why those choices were made. Agree about Emre though because Barton was diabolical.

And Given getting injured has done us a favour imo.

Agreed. If it wasn't for Harper it would have been 7 or 8.

+2, Given's confidence is shite and that seems to be rubbing off on the players around him, once again his kicking was terrible.

Depressing.

Diabolical.

Doh.

Dire.

Disenchanting.

Dejected.

Damn.

Defective.

Deflated.

The list goes on in reference to the Dismal Display today. The Defence is like a sieve with its holes getting bigger with erosion.

Why Keegan did not play Viduka will remain a mystery until we find out the reason.

Mysteries galore today, why wasn't Emre brought on sooner, why didn't Faye feature at all, why didn't Enrique feature at all??

In all honesty, even after Owen's early goal I don't think we ever looked like we could win, the improvement shown in our last two games looked to have Disappeard doon the netty.

Enrique has been injured. Viduka has been injured. And shite. Faye has been away and I'm guessing KK was trying to keep Cacapa and Taylor playing to get some sort of understanding. Obviously things didn't work out but I can understand why those choices were made. Agree about Emre though because Barton was diabolical.

Faye needs to play at DMC in place of Butt. He keeps the ball better, and provides MUCH height in defensive and attacking situations.

Depressing.

Diabolical.

Doh.

Dire.

Disenchanting.

Dejected.

Damn.

Defective.

Deflated.

Faye needs to play at DMC in place of Butt. He keeps the ball better, and provides MUCH height in defensive and attacking situations.

Trouble is, he's the best centre-back too.

Noelie that sounds like some kid's GCSE English homework. <_<

Aye it does LuckyLuke, but it seems to me there's a lot of homework and study to ne done, there was a lot of Dunces on the field today. :nufc:

And Given getting injured has done us a favour imo.

too fucking right, he has been pants since Harewood charged into him. Harper has performed better, and it's not coincidence that the defense has performed better in front of Harper this season.

That dickhead got away with murder on Taylor this time.

I'm sorry for Shay but really hope the club realise his decline and brings in Krul for the next season or the season after.

i agree faye is the best cb but the pressure created by the midfield constantly losing the ball and not having any strength is leaving the defense in an alamo type situation - we need someone to take hold of the game in the centre and as i say get some pace up front or play a frontman who can hold the ball and play a pass- which obviously smith is incapable of

So many players had mares in the second half it was untrue. I thought Barton was a disgrace too. The game just passed him by, again. To make it worse me sis had Owen and 3-1 to Villa <_<

Barton still yet to have anything but a nightmare for us, fucking terrible.

Noelie that sounds like some retarded heroine addicted kid's GCSE English homework. :nufc:

FYP

Yes Enrique was injured but didn't he play in Spain's under 21 team against France mid-week?

Sure, Faye has been away but then so has Beye, they both played together in the African Nations Cup.

Viduka had been injured but he featured last week and I haven't heard of him being injured again.

Noelie, even you have to see that your expectations are disproportionately high? Keegan has faced Arsenal twice, Villa who've scored more goals than all but Man U (iirc) and Bolton.

He needs a while to get players playing the way he wants and wasn't helped by the Cup of Nations taking two of our best performers so far. (Faye and Beye)

I just think you like a moan.

Fucking meek in capitulation there like- have thought for a while that butt runs out of steam after about 50 mins and carr should never get a game - pathetic - its thankful that the quality of some of the teams below us is so poor otherwise we really would be in the shite - he needs to address the midfield - barton and butt are not the answer - faye would toughen it up and we need some pace up front - even if he doesn't score at least oba stretches the play

More often than not, these so called poor teams below us get results against teams that we'd love to get a result against, especially when it gets closer to the end of the season a few put in battling performances unlike that shower that was out there today.

Clutching at straws but I hope this two week "break" will somehow change things - at least let keegan see them more on a daily basis to get a feel for who should and shouldn't play and how to get the best out of them.

Why does Alan Smith keep getting away with masquerading as a striker/attacking player/footballer when he is so depressingly shit that it's unreal. One or two nice flick-ons every game, a few stupid tackles and that's it, is that why he's in the starting XI every week or is it just because the fat Aussie can't be arsed in training? Why do we keep fielding a striker who you KNOW is not going to get you a goal? That's 20 something starts, 0 goals this season, is it?

I honestly think even Ameobi would get more goals and thus contribute more to the team than Smith, because ultimately that's what he's in the team for, to score goals. I honestly can't wait for Martins to get back in the side, he may be a circus act and a brainless, headless chicken with no vision, but at least he will actually scare opposition defenders and a get a goal every once in a while.

Edited by Bombadil

Yes Enrique was injured but didn't he play in Spain's under 21 team against France mid-week?

Sure, Faye has been away but then so has Beye, they both played together in the African Nations Cup.

Viduka had been injured but he featured last week and I haven't heard of him being injured again.

Just saying I could see why he did things. I'd have started Faye and Enrique though.

Clutching at straws but I hope this two week "break" will somehow change things - at least let keegan see them more on a daily basis to get a feel for who should and shouldn't play and how to get the best out of them.

KK's got a lost cause in his hands with this squad, if they were any good then they would've pulled their fingers out and done a job well by now, they just don't gel in with each other, one or two might do well in another side but it's just not working here for them, and i doubt it ever will, they are shit.

I think with Martins fit (not a big fan but his goals might keep us up again) and N'Zogbia available plus, hopefully, a back four with Faye, Beye and Enrique in it we'll be ok. Just about.

I hope KK fits Feye into the team like. Still unsure about LB. Carr cant pass on his left at all and I prefer Beye at RB. Id rather Zog wasnt wasted at LB either leaving Enrique.

Sadly that was so predictable even at 1-0 up and having looked decent first half.

The fact remains if we have 2 central midfilders who can't manage 1 pass on target between them we'll struggle, Barton was again appalling, doing nithing but try to concede penalties!

And yet again we gave the goals away for free. First one Carr and Duff should have cleared but fucked about and we paid for it. Second goal, all Duff had to do was stay ont he fucking post and he stops it, After that it was a joke at the back but for Harper.

And i had forgotten that as brilliant as Keegan was last time round he is and always will be shite with substitutions. At 2-1 down he sat motionless whilst we got worse and never once warmed Viduka up and brought Emre on only when the game was lost. We may not have won with them on, but i['d like the manager to at least try everything he has to win, and Emre had to be better than the jokers on the ptich and Viduka (whatever people think of him) can turn a game.

Other than that i think Owen did well with what he was given, ie next to nothing to work with, and Milner was far and away our only threat and covered the whole pitch forward and back to help out.

But Keegan has to look at O'Neil who saw it wasnt working and made 2 changes at halftime and saw his team change the game, whilst we sat and did nothing to change it back. All the top managers, Fergie, Wenger and Mourinho when he was here make changes, often at halftime if needed and often more than one, and they know what they're doing.