Mike Ashley

kit

Im not a Newcastle supporter, but Mike Ashley really annoys me. How can the man in charge of a football club sit with the fans?? surely he needs to be more objective. All he does everytime he sits with the fans is undermine the manager and players and until he stops doing it I cant see you having any success. He is trying way too hard to be popular and needs to get back in the directors box.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not a Newcastle supporter, but Mike Ashley really annoys me. How can the man in charge of a football club sit with the fans?? surely he needs to be more objective. All he does everytime he sits with the fans is undermine the manager and players and until he stops doing it I cant see you having any success. He is trying way too hard to be popular and needs to get back in the directors box.

I wish I had stopped reading there.

... indeed. Don't understand the logic in the reasoning at all.

Well fuck right off then, you're in no position to comment

so are you saying Mike Ashley has no influence over manager an players? If you are a manager or player and the guy that can basically decide your future is sat with the supporters week in week out listening to their gripes, and th manager/players know this....surely to god this is de-motivating. He should be up in the directors box, seen and not heard, quietly supporting manager and players. He is trying too hard to be 'one of the boys', he is not he is a billionaire owner with a lot of responbility.

so are you saying Mike Ashley has no influence over manager an players? If you are a manager or player and the guy that can basically decide your future is sat with the supporters week in week out listening to their gripes, and th manager/players know this....surely to god this is de-motivating. He should be up in the directors box, seen and not heard, quietly supporting manager and players. He is trying too hard to be 'one of the boys', he is not he is a billionaire owner with a lot of responbility.

Ashley is not involved in the day to day running of the club. I'm struggling to see why he's not allowed to sit in the seat of his choice.

Who do you support?

Yes, everything would be totally different if he sat in the director boxes. The players and the manager are clearly affected by this as they don't want their owner to be stamped down during goal celebrations. You've convinced me.

Ashley is not involved in the day to day running of the club. I'm struggling to see why he's not allowed to sit in the seat of his choice.

Who do you support?

I support my local Non-league club. So Mike Ashley has no say on hiring, firing and the future of the club. Therefore I suggest again, by sitting with fans, this will undermine players and manager. Say fans start having a bit of a moan about Keegan if you lose another few games....how does it make the manager feel knowing his boss is sat amongst them!!

When you outright own a football club, you can do what you want.

I'd certainly rather have an owner that genuinely enjoyed the club and wanted success, than used the club as more of a fashion accessory/trapping of success (al la FFS).

And I can't see the huge difference between sitting with fans (and getting their point of view) and sitting surrounded by toadies (and getting their equally biased and likely worthless point of view).

Who do you support?

I support my local Non-league club. So Mike Ashley has no say on hiring, firing and the future of the club. Therefore I suggest again, by sitting with fans, this will undermine players and manager. Say fans start having a bit of a moan about Keegan if you lose another few games....how does it make the manager feel knowing his boss is sat amongst them!!

2+2=5.

Who do you support?

2+2=5.

Its just an opinion, everytime I see him sat with the fans I just see a man trying too hard to be liked, without realising it may actually have an effect on morale.

Who do you support?

To be honest, I don't think it makes much difference. He's going to hear what the fans are saying regardless.

It's just my opinion that it doesn't make any difference to morale.

So seeing your boss with his head in his hands sitting with the fans in his newcastle strip, on the front page of the news of the world football section will have a positive impact on the team??? dont think so

So seeing your boss with his head in his hands sitting with the fans in his newcastle strip, on the front page of the news of the world football section will have a positive impact on the team??? dont think so

I wouldn't have thought the team would give a shit.

In fact when Sam Hamman used to do it, it was seen as an eccentricity and his team loved his passion.

Yes, that's exactly what I said <_< What's the difference between him doing it there and in the Director's Box (where you reckon he should be)? He'd be equally (if not more) visible there, he'd still react the same way etc. It makes no more or less difference to team morale either way.

I wouldn't have thought the team would give a shit.

In fact when Sam Hamman used to do it, it was seen as an eccentricity and his team loved his passion.

Hmm yeah good example look at all the team he was in charge of, a wealth of success!! my recollection was people thought he should get back in the directors box!!

They are likely going to have a go anyway.

He's not well liked in the media for a few reasons, and really the whole Newcastle thing is a bit open season anyway (more that it usually is).

Yes, that's exactly what I said <_< What's the difference between him doing it there and in the Director's Box (where you reckon he should be)? He'd be equally (if not more) visible there, he'd still react the same way etc. It makes no more or less difference to team morale either way.

Im not being funny but how often do you get pictures of club bosses sat in the directors box on the front page of football sections?? club owners who are sat in the away end with the fans will have cameras trained on them, just think its a stupid thing to do and no way to be taken seriously

Im not being funny but how often do you get pictures of club bosses sat in the directors box on the front page of football sections?? club owners who are sat in the away end with the fans will have cameras trained on them, just think its a stupid thing to do and no way to be taken seriously

Hes putting more pressure on everyone by doing it

I've seen a photo of Mike Ashley taken in the directors box (Spurs at home this season). So that sort of disproves your point. It's the situation at the club that makes his reaction to losing newsworthy. If he'd been sat, head in hands anywhere else it would, most likely, have ended up appearing in the newspapers too. It's a non issue for me.