Ronaldo...

Tooj

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was out of this world.

You have to look at what C. Ronaldo & Messi are doing now at their respective clubs mind. Both are all round better footballers imo. C.Ronaldo scores like 40+ swapping between upfront and the wing which is just sensational.

Guest Marshall-Baines

Possibly the most talented player of all time. Sad loss to the game had a style like no other especially when he was a youngun.

0.jpg

SBR's reaction to that goal said it all.

Guest Marshall-Baines
I would put him behind George Best and Maradona, but I would say he is by far the most exciting player I have watched since the TV explosion of the game. When he played at Barcelona he was absolutely unbelievable.

I never saw Best and I never saw Pele. One thing I can say is the game was no where near as competitive as it is now, no where near as quick, and I regard him as the greatest out and out goalscorer there's ever been. One player who often gets over looked when talking about the greatest players ever is Gerd Muller, he had a better scoring record than any of them at every level. Probably cos he's kraut like, but I've heard Beckenbauer say Muller made Bayern Munich the club they are today on his own.

ronaldo has a world class record of goals behind his career he will be sadly missed you can call him fat all you want but you cant deny of his quality and goals behind his boots

Edited by DEADMAN

I would put him behind George Best and Maradona, but I would say he is by far the most exciting player I have watched since the TV explosion of the game. When he played at Barcelona he was absolutely unbelievable.

I never saw Best and I never saw Pele. One thing I can say is the game was no where near as competitive as it is now, no where near as quick, and I regard him as the greatest out and out goalscorer there's ever been. One player who often gets over looked when talking about the greatest players ever is Gerd Muller, he had a better scoring record than any of them at every level. Probably cos he's kraut like, but I've heard Beckenbauer say Muller made Bayern Munich the club they are today on his own.

It may not have been as competitive, speed wise when Best played, but it was lot tougher. Best took treatment week in week out that was criminal compared to the way now, the things defenders could get away with then were unbelievable, but he was hard as nails. He played on shit heap pitches with a big heavy ball, but he could still do things that any player now would dream of.

It was said by everybody who played with him and against him he wasnt just the best player in the league, he was the best player in every position in the league - I just wish there was more film of him about

Guest Marshall-Baines

It may not have been as competitive, speed wise when Best played, but it was lot tougher. Best took treatment week in week out that was criminal compared to the way now, the things defenders could get away with then were unbelievable, but he was hard as nails. He played on shit heap pitches with a big heavy ball, but he could still do things that any player now would dream of.

It was said by everybody who played with him and against him he wasnt just the best player in the league, he was the best player in every position in the league - I just wish there was more film of him about

I saw a goal Best scored in America, he was in the box, and beat four men, and IIRC he beat two of the two or three times. One of the best goals I've ever seen. Clearly a genius and it just goes to show you, that the top, top, top, top players aren't manufactured, they are born. I mean I know likes of Barcelona do brilliant with their youth system and player development, but Best grew up on the streets of Belfast just having a kick around with his mates, no training, he went to Manchester 12 month later he was in the first team. Genius without question, Maradona came from the same background. There have been thousands of manufactured non-entity players like Steve Sidwell, even Mascherano, but the top top top top players are born. Ronaldo was definitely one of them.

Maradona played football literally non-stop as a kid Stevie, so that was a training of sorts. He would sleep with a ball balanced on his head and wake up and do whatever he was doing dribbling round with a ball. He also played through the night (this is in one of the recent docs on him) and said if you learn to play in the dark, during daylight your vision on the pitch is enormously enhanced. The kids at Barca spend more time on formal education than football training, Maradona came from true poverty and the only fun he got was from playing football. I don't disagree with your sentiments about great players being born with the qualities that make them great, but it's not like they didn't graft to develop their skills. Without the talent to work hard and actually putting it into practice, you'll get nowhere.

Same with Best, he used to lay out a pack of cards on the ground face-up and his mate would shout out a card and he'd flick an orange onto the exact card, ace of spades or whatever. This developed his ball control and after playing in the conditions in Belfast, coming to pitches in England would have made it a lot easier. The top players today are more consistent than those in the past, Messi especially. Can't say for sure if that's because he's playing in such a great team though. I've seen some of Maradona's early games for Boca and he was average in some games, though apparently playing through injury. At their best though they could boss games in a way I'm not sure Messi is capable of. He's still in the midst of his career though so we'll find out if he can boss the big games.

Watched the CL build up on french tv before our match and they had Zidane on talking about Ronaldo. They showed that clip of Bobby that Stevie posted about 4 times too! Watching the footage of Zidane feeding Ronaldo goals for Real was like watching a bloke with a fat fetish feeding his 30 stone wife.

poor mans alan cork tbh. Just joking. Muller had no real speed over the ground, wasn't particularly agile but had expert timing and finishing skills, along with an electric first 2 -3 yards of acceleration. I've never seen anyone finish as well as him. with either foot.

as for fat ron, he is an absolute legend. shame his knees and love of partying got the better of him.

Watched the CL build up on french tv before our match and they had Zidane on talking about Ronaldo. They showed that clip of Bobby that Stevie posted about 4 times too! Watching the footage of Zidane feeding Ronaldo goals for Real was like watching a bloke with a fat fetish feeding his 30 stone wife.

Heh. you want more pie, ok well here goes! :)