Wow, another Fat Sam outburst... yawn

TheMoog

From SSN:

Sam Allardyce has issued a withered riposte in the direction of football chairmen, accusing them of being unable to cope with the pressure put on them by volatile fans.

Bryan Robson claimed this week that Sheffield United supporters made his position at Bramall Lane untenable, and Allardyce too has bitter experiences of the power fans hold in football.

The Newcastle faithful never took to Allardyce and it was no surprise when he was shown the St James' Park exit door, despite the fact he was only appointed in the summer.

Allardyce insists his comments are directed at chairmen and owners in general and not solely at Newcastle supremo Mike Ashley.

"Huge businessmen, multi-millionaires in their own right, very clever men, but never been shouted at," he told Talksport.

"They can't stand the pressure, their knees buckle, they don't stand strong and they use the easy option to take the pressure off themselves.

"They have to be the strongest ones and often they're the weakest ones.

"They might like the limelight when the success comes but they certainly can't put up with the other side of it, which is really quite volatile now."

Premier ambition

Allardyce is enjoying his break from the game but admits the football-bug is one that will in all likelihood never leave him.

And he already craves another crack at a top-flight job.

"It's addiction. That's the trouble," he said.

"Sixteen years, yes I need a break. But when Saturday comes round, or Friday or Thursday, I'm still lying in bed agitated, still trying to make the decisions I should be making.

"The only decisions I'm making at the moment is whether I have tea, coffee, toast or cornflakes in the morning.

"I hopefully will get another job in the Premier League, with a bit of good fortune. That is sad because somebody else has to come out of a job for me to be considered.

"I know I can be successful because I've done that in the past."

I don't know about anyone else but I'm bored of his weekly whining, get over it fat boy, you failed. (Admittedly I don't agree with the reporter saying the fans never took to him though, initially I thought he was a good enough appointment and I'm sure there were others too).

Edited by Armchair Pundit

Caught the end of this on Talksport this morning. He sounded very full of himself, bigging up his fantastic "achievements" at Bolton and saying we'd all be looking forward to Euro 2008 if he had got the job instead of McClaren.

Talks a good game, plays a shit one.

I was pondering whether Sheff Utd were the new Fred era NUFC, then they went and confimred it by sacking Robson.

What's the difference between a pregnant woman and Sam Allardyce? The woman gets 9 months to produce results.

I was pondering whether Sheff Utd were the new Fred era NUFC, then they went and confimred it by sacking Robson.

What's the difference between a pregnant woman and Sam Allardyce? The woman gets 9 months to produce results.

:devil: