Nigel Pearson

snakehips

I know, I was just being an arse. I remember them doing well for a couple of years in the top flight under Toshack. What would everyone's 'ideal' Premier League be?

I know, I was just being an arse. I remember them doing well for a couple of years in the top flight under Toshack. What would everyone's 'ideal' Premier League be?

1. Newcastle

2. Plymouth Argyle

3. Real Madrid

18. Liverpool

19. Sunderland

20. Boro

;)

1. Newcastle

2.Sunderland (it would kill them just losing out on the league to us) :razz:

3. Real Madrid

18. Liverpool

19. Wigan

20. Boro

;)

1. Newcastle

2. Plymouth Argyle

3. Real Madrid

6.The Hurricanes

7.Renford Rejects (just missing out on europe)

12.Craggy Island Parochial House

18. Liverpool

19. Sunderland

20. Boro

;)

I meant teams in it (obviously 3 would come up / go down every year but if they didn't) in no particular order:

1. Newcastle

2. Sunderland

3. Liverpool

4. Everton

5. Spurs

6. Chelsea

7. Man Utd

8. Man City

9. Fulham

10. Leeds

11. Sheff Wed

12. Forest

13. Ipswich

14. Villa

15. QPR

16. Arsenal

17. Wolves

18. Coventry

19. Southampton

20. Norwich

Probably missed someone obvious like (Boro area deliberate omission btw).

No order:

1. Us

2. Mackems

3. Chelsea

4. Man U

5. Arsenal

6. Liverpool

7. Everton

8. Villa

9. Sheff U

10. Sheff Wed

11. Leeds

12. Forest

13. Portsmouth

14. Wolves

15. ...Spuds (very grudgingly)

16. Norwich

17. Ipswich

18. West Brom

19. Birmingham

20. Sarfampton (be worth it just to watch their derbies v. 'Arry - they hate him)

Notice lack of Boro and Fulham - two of the most unwatchable teams in Premier League history.

Kinda packed my table full of derbies because I love them. Was tempted to stick West Ham and Millwall in there ;)

I meant teams in it (obviously 3 would come up / go down every year but if they didn't) in no particular order:

1. Newcastle

2. Sunderland

3. Liverpool

4. Everton

5. Spurs

6. Chelsea

7. Man Utd

8. Man City

9. Fulham

10. Leeds

11. Sheff Wed

12. Forest

13. Ipswich

14. Villa

15. QPR

16. Arsenal

17. Wolves

18. Coventry

19. Southampton

20. Norwich

Probably missed someone obvious like (Boro area deliberate omission btw).

I'd have Blackburn and West Ham over Fulham and Wolves. I'd also have Wimbeldon but they don't really exist anymore.

I'd probably have West Ham and Blackburn in myself come to think of it. No way would I have Wimbledon in there like.

Well, as I said, they don't exist (although who knows how far AFC Wimbledon will get) anymore really so it's a moot point. ;)

• 5 weeks later...
Poortvliet named new Saints boss

Southampton have appointed Jan Poortvliet as a replacement for manager Nigel Pearson.

Poortvielt, who played for Holland at the 1978 World Cup, has coached the Dutch Under-21 side.

The 52-year-old will be aided by fellow countryman Mark Wotte, who will take charge of the club's academy.

The cash-strapped south-coast outfit stressed that the situation has been forced on them by the financial trouble at the club.

The salary of the new duo will also be less than that of Pearson but "with big bonuses in an incentivised structure".

Pearson kept Southampton in the Championship after beating Sheffield United on the final day of last season.

Southampton chairman Michael Wilde told the club's website: "Since taking control of the club it has been a major priority to resolve the manager and coaching situation and to that end we had to look at the financial restrictions in which we're operating.

"Having established those, we held a meeting with Nigel which was extremely constructive and helpful and helpful.

"The board were impressed with what Nigel had to say and we are sure he will be a well respected manager in the future at whatever club he ultimately goes to.

"We are extremely grateful for Nigel's contribution. He came to the club in a time ofr crisis and through his hard work and commitment we were narrowly able to avoid relegation and we wish him well."

And Wilde added: "Bearing in mind the financial restrictions, the board have decided to implement a coaching structure which will optimise the potential of youngsters within the club."