Gazza

peasepud

Why the fuck did they broadcast that? ;)

Gazza is a sorry mess that sadly needs sectioning.

I know a guy who worked at the place where he was sectioned last time around, apparently they were tryin' to get him to agree to join their 5-a-side team :icon_lol:

The pics are funny, but it is sad like. I couldn't listen to the radio clip, had to turn it off. Embarrassed for the lad.

It's a massive shame for Gazza. He talks a very big game from tales about meeting the pope to playing darts with the queen.

If he had stayed clean he may just have some big celeb mates to talk about.

Guest Gordon McKeag
The pics are funny, but it is sad like. I couldn't listen to the radio clip, had to turn it off. Embarrassed for the lad.

If it was some drunk character from a social club you'd be laughing. Gazza isn't much different to the average geordie alky and don't kid yourself that there aren't 7 days a week drinkers everywhere.

Guest Gordon McKeag
It's a massive shame for Gazza. He talks a very big game from tales about meeting the pope to playing darts with the queen.

If he had stayed clean he may just have some big celeb mates to talk about.

A good reason to stay well and truly off the wagon imo.

If it was some drunk character from a social club you'd be laughing. Gazza isn't much different to the average geordie alky and don't kid yourself that there aren't 7 days a week drinkers everywhere.

Aye, except there's a reason they don't get national press for everything they do. I'm honestly at the point where I'd rather he went out in a blaze of glory and got the George Best eulogy rather than prolonging the whole thing for another 10 years. If there's anyone who can manage a legendary comedy death, it's Gazza.

Tbf like, if it was one of my mates who rang up the radio station, Id be pissing myself laughing at him. If one went all the way (well, its not that far) to Rothbury with some bait and cans for some nutter with a shotgun, I'd reckon he was still of his head from the night before, then Id piss myself laughing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Read that yesterday on N-O, someone who was there posted on a Rangers forum about it..

Unfortunately this is a very sad but very true account of a dinner I attended last night with Paul. It was a fundraising event for Northampton Town and a breast cancer charity and friends of mine had a table. I decided to drive down from Aberdeen yesterday and tie it in with the weekend in Newcastle I have planned for the game on Saturday. After what I saw last night, I really wish I hadn't.

There was about 500 in attendance at the dinner and worryingly, minutes after everyone took our seats the compare for the evening introduced himself and announced the plan for the evening, dinner, raffle, auction, Gazza speaking followed by a Q&A and then the comedian.We began eating and between the starter and main the compare took to the stage again and told us that unfortunately Gazza was very ill. He had taken a funny turn which isn't uncommon due to the medication he takes and he should really be in hospital, not speaking at a dinner but he has insisted on appearing as its a charity event and be will go to hospital immediately afterwards. He asked us all to be understanding towards Gazza and be patient when he appears.

Following the main course it was announced that Gazza was extremely ill so he would be coming out now and speaking so be could get to hospital as soon as her finished and we would get desert once he'd finished.Gazza's agent then took to the stage and told us Gazza had had 2 pints earlier and taken a funny turn so he would answer a few questions then go straight to hospital. He reiterated Gazza had only had 2 pints and what we were about was not what it looked like so please be patient and remember Gazza for the good times he gave us, not for how he looks today. (It was like a funeral speech to be honest before he'd even come out)Gazza was then aided onto stage by 2 bouncers. When I say aided, there was no way at all he could walk unaided. He was sat on a sofa on the stage and given a microphone. His agent asked him who the best player he's ever played with was and Gazza said 'Brian Robson. But he's a c***. They're all c***s. You're all c***s.'His agent apologized to everyone and then Gazza apologized as well. He said as be started crying 'I'm sorry, 3 days on the whiskey, I'm sorry.'He was shaking uncontrollably for the 5 minutes he was on the stage. It was like a very serious case of Parkinson's.

He broke down 3 times in the 5 minutes or so he was on stage apologizing and saying this time he'll get better. Between apologies he struggled to answer questions and just told us that other people were c***s.It was horrible seeing my hero who I drove for 7 hours yesterday to see in that condition. There was a lump in everyone's throat when he left the stage. The room really did have the atmosphere of a funeral and the consensus was certainly that he does not have long left.

tumblr_mhmccwXI971rtoh5oo2_500.jpg

He's only 5 years older than me and look at the state of the poor sod :(

Edited by Sonatine