Gazza

peasepud

Past the point of no return although he knew that ages ago himself. Have never seen someone age so quickly like that before and it's unfortunate that people take photos of him. He's best left alone and shown a bit of respect.

Thing is, you just know that throughout his life the people giving him the good advice have been drowned out by the idiots looking to ride his coat-tails for a while.

Absolute travesty that the most gifted footballer of his generation has been allowed to fall so far.

Always felt he might not have slid so far if he'd stayed up here

terrible, terrible decline

Aye, with Jimmy Five Bellies and co. looking out for him at Dunston Excelsior.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something or is Gazza still not clear on what they did to "hack" his phone?

He's talking about clicks during calls as if they were listening in on his conversations. it was only messages being hacked, right?

Can't say he's trying it on necessarily like. Imagine if his family are leaving messages and stories off the back of them end up in the press, both sides assuming the other has sold it for a quick buck. Must have put an awful wedge between him and his nearest. No wonder he ends up on his own drinking rather than in the bosom of a happy family.

Deserves every sympathy and every penny from those heinous bastards. Amazed there's not been any suicides linked to it, yet.

They got dozens of stories out of it so clearly it doesn't need that much detail.

Made this up, but all it would take is one single line message

Receptionist - "Mr Gascoigne, this is Doc Johnson from xyz clinic confirming your appointment at 2pm"

Then a photographer hot foots it down the clinic and snaps Gazza arriving with his ex-wife.

Sunday back page - "Shezza helping Gazza through rehab"

Each of those 2 then assumes the other has tipped the wink to someone.

Have you never even watched The Conversation? It would drive anyone potty.

It's fucking despicable behaviour like. I wonder why no one did an expose on Savile, given the rumours would've been rife around Fleet Street. Conspiracy theorists probably think its because he could've brought down the entire establishment. More likely it was easier to get copy out of Charlotte Church and Gavin Henson having an argument on holiday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I think they wanted a Nick Bromfield film going in. It's a Gazza film though. Bound to be a celebration rather than warts and all expose.

If it's well put together with a good soundtrack and interesting archive footage in sure I'll love it. Don't have any idea from that review though.

Yeah, I'd almost rather watch something that celebrates him as a footballer and is filled with footage of him playing anyway. A forensic examination of his life as an alcoholic, I'm not sure I'm up for.

Heard him on talksport earlier...his speech sounded slurred, which I think is pretty much par for the course pissed or not, but he did sound in good spirits tbh. However he knows what he he's up against I think, at one point he said "I don't know if I'll have a drink tomorrow or not" Poor fucker.