Gazza

peasepud

On 12/7/2018 at 13:49, Dr Gloom said:

I had to stop following him on Instagram after he started to post a slew of ridiculous pouting selfies, which it turns out aren’t meant to be ironic. 

I know, it's tragic. And his followers all blow smoke up his arse for it.

It's sad to see, especially when you compare him now to the confident young lad in his 20s who was the life and soul of the party. All the lads wanted to be his mate and all the lasses wanted to be on his arm. Even if he gets himself properly sober we will never get the old Gazza back 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye

Only true World Class player England have had for me.

There’s been a few but not very many. He’s probably one of that select group but I wouldn’t say he was the best 

What actually happened to him? I never paid that much attention in earnest but he was clearly playing at the top level through his career so alcohol problems must have onset after that. Did he just retire and start drinking?

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What actually happened to him? I never paid that much attention in earnest but he was clearly playing at the top level through his career so alcohol problems must have onset after that. Did he just retire and start drinking?

I imagine he started drinking at a very young age tbh & then it gradually got the better of him.

Delicious booze.

51 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Seen various docu's on England and a lot of the players were fond of Gazza but said he was constantly wired.  He would be labelled as ADHD nowadays no doubt.  Cant remember which England player it was, but they're playing away and at around midnight theres a knock on the door.  He opened the door and Gazza was there as if it was 9am and he was ready and buzzing.  He wanted to play Mario on the Nintendo and was just mentally wired.

Just look back at 96 and the infamous Dentist chair.  I think he's been a drinker all his life and combined with being the fool in the crowd he's always had the wrong mates tbh, it's sad.  I know a lad who was friends with someone who owned a boozer in North Yorks he would goto when at the Smoggies.  One morning he was waiting for it to open with a couple of mates.  When they were a few pints in he heard him phone Robson up and say he wouldnt be in for training as his leg was hurting :lol:

I know a lad who was a bouncer in Leeds.  One year he was in a bar and went to pull some money out and a bag of gear dropped out.  He saw it, Gazza looked at him and he said he was a little stuck and felt awkward, Gazza went over to him and give him £50 :lol:

• Like 1

I wondered if an element of it might be that life would never be so good again as it was as a footballer but it sounds like it was a constant thing. If he'd not been a footballer I guess his life would have been full of the same things. Apart from easing access to his vices, i doubt money and fame made much difference at all.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 21/08/2017 at 10:53, Alex said:

Me dad used to regularly get free players' tickets back in the Keegan / Robson era so would often give away the ST he had (next to mine) and I'd usually take a mate along. One particularly week he was sat next to the lady in question when the crowd were serenading Sir Les with "He's got skill, he's got flair and he's shaggin' Dani Behr, Ferdinand, Ferdinand". :D

He's here, he's there, he's shagging Danny Behr, Ferdinand Ferdinand. 

• 10 months later...
9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sir Bobby, man 💕💕💕

"If you are a fantastic painter, you are never rich until you are dead. And I think it’s the same with managers. You’re never appreciated until you’re gone.” – Sir Bobby Robson

• Like 5