Gazza

peasepud

Has anyone seen the SSN interview that is being run at the minute. He seems to have crossed the barrier now into full blown alcoholic. His speech pattern is fucked up. He sounds like hes had a stroke when he speaks. As much as i dont like the guy its a shame to see him in this state.

Good luck to him and I hope he comes through this phase. More to do with the people around him an his loneliness imo.

can see him doing a george best only much younger. i read in one of the rags the other day that he was boozing just days after a stomach ulcer operation. savagery

Has anyone seen the SSN interview that is being run at the minute. He seems to have crossed the barrier now into full blown alcoholic. His speech pattern is fucked up. He sounds like hes had a stroke when he speaks. As much as i dont like the guy its a shame to see him in this state.

Aye saw that. He looks and sound out of it. Always liked him shame he has a heart of gold and brains of chocolate

Guest stevieintoon

He was the second best toon player I've ever seen, and it's targic to see him like this. Sometimes you see him and he looks great, you can tell he's been off it a week, but you know he'll relapse again, and I don't care what anyone says, his arsehole pals have to shoulder some of the blame.

He was the second best toon player I've ever seen, and it's targic to see him like this. Sometimes you see him and he looks great, you can tell he's been off it a week, but you know he'll relapse again, and I don't care what anyone says, his arsehole pals have to shoulder some of the blame.

Definitely.

Interview with him this morning I seen was him saying he wasnt on the drink and was still doing a fitness thing. His trainer supported this saying there was no way he'd been drinking. Went on to say the press were hounding him about it and that a photo of him next to a pint was wrong (someone bought him the pint and he refused).

This said, he looked and sounded very ill.

Never mind his time at Newcastle, he's a shadow of the man who turned out for Middlesbrough and Everton and that's only 5 years ago.

Totally unrecognisable from his former self and he will sadly end up the way of George Best.

When you consider Sheringham is older than him and still playing top flight football, it puts his state into even more perspective.

can see him doing a george best only much younger. i read in one of the rags the other day that he was boozing just days after a stomach ulcer operation. savagery

he just denied that on SSN. Someone offered him a pint but he refused. Apparently the Sun took a pic of it and spun a story.

Definitely.

Aye that documentary when he was off to China to manage that team. He travelled with his dad, his agent, and someone else (might have been Five Bellies). They knew he was meeting the team management off the plane, and yet the lot of them got absolutely legless. Now either his dad or his agent should have been keeping him in check, but unfortunately they're all as thick as one another.

Then Mel Stein was going out with him in China, and the two of them were getting bladdered, knowing that he had training sessions to take the next day. Obviously Gazza has a responsibility to himself, but when his personal management team is endorsing his behaviour he hasn't got a fucking hope.

Definitely.

Aye that documentary when he was off to China to manage that team. He travelled with his dad, his agent, and someone else (might have been Five Bellies). They knew he was meeting the team management off the plane, and yet the lot of them got absolutely legless. Now either his dad or his agent should have been keeping him in check, but unfortunately they're all as thick as one another.

Then Mel Stein was going out with him in China, and the two of them were getting bladdered, knowing that he had training sessions to take the next day. Obviously Gazza has a responsibility to himself, but when his personal management team is endorsing his behaviour he hasn't got a fucking hope.

What chance has he got man? They should be looking after him not just sponging off him.

Definitely.

They still talk about his hi jinks while at Lazio. Great player unlucky with a couple of injuries and 'that' game against Germany. As I said before I think most of it is loneliness.

Some of it stems back to his best friend as a child being run over and killed in front of him apparently.

Hope he gets through this.

Guest stevieintoon
Some of it stems back to his best friend as a child being run over and killed in front of him apparently.

Poor excuse on his behalf tbh. 30 years later hes got no one to blame but himself.

You're a cold hearted bugger yee.

Every time I see an interview with him and he denies having a drink in X amount of days/weeks/years he reminds me of a 15 year old just in from drinking on the streets denying to their parents that they've had a drink.

I saw him on SSN earlier and he looks so old and frail these days.

There was a definite slurring and slowness of his speech - despite him not being very articulate anyway.

It's very sad to see him this way. I hope he does get better, but I just can't see it.

He's as think as pig shit, and he needs help. But we all knew that 3 years ago, And where's his fucking help been eh? He's in a bad way. And I DON'T want to see him go the way of Besty. But if someone doesn't bash his fucking heed in, he's in BIG trouble.

Half asleep I've just read the front page of the Times and thought it said "Gazza lurches towards Islamist mini-state". Thought we had another Cat Stevens situation until I realised it really said "Gaza". :lol:

He's as think as pig shit, and he needs help. But we all knew that 3 years ago, And where's his fucking help been eh? He's in a bad way. And I DON'T want to see him go the way of Besty. But if someone doesn't bash his fucking heed in, he's in BIG trouble.

:lol:

:D:lol:

from reading both his autobiographies he blames everything on everyone else, but does nothing about it. For example he had about 3 car crashes with jimmy 5 bellies when he was still in the Newcastle Youth team.

All the therapy has kinda of given him an excuse. All this alcoholism is a disease etc is a way for addicts to shift blame from themselves, when they only have themselves to blame.

He will be dead within the next 10 years, mark my words