Gazza

peasepud

No, it isnt. Thats an excuse.

More often than not alcoholics are people with addictive personalities, if it was not alcohol, it would be something else. Would you say people who are criminals have a disease? how about people with social or behavioural problems? they are all in the same bracket. They are not diseases, they are personaloty weaknesses, that they need to address, control and work towards learning to cope with.

this is all pretty deep for my first few posts, but its a subject i believe in.

Regardless of whether it's a disease or not, if he's going to die of it, I hope it happens sooner rather than later so he's still got some chance of being remembered with fondness. Not that dragging it out in the media for decades seems to have hurt George Best's legacy much.

Regardless of whether it's a disease or not, if he's going to die of it, I hope it happens sooner rather than later so he's still got some chance of being remembered with fondness.

Well, i would much rather he pulled himself out of it and lived a normal life, but that doesnt look likely

Regardless of whether it's a disease or not, if he's going to die of it, I hope it happens sooner rather than later so he's still got some chance of being remembered with fondness.

Well, i would much rather he pulled himself out of it and lived a normal life, but that doesnt look likely

As I said, if he's going to die of it then etc. I'd also far rather he got over it, but I agree, the signs aren't exactly sparkling.

More often than not alcoholics are people with addictive personalities, if it was not alcohol, it would be something else. Would you say people who are criminals have a disease? how about people with social or behavioural problems? they are all in the same bracket. They are not diseases, they are personaloty weaknesses, that they need to address, control and work towards learning to cope with.

A lot of doctors regard it as a disease.

Regardless of whether it's a disease or not, if he's going to die of it, I hope it happens sooner rather than later so he's still got some chance of being remembered with fondness. Not that dragging it out in the media for decades seems to have hurt George Best's legacy much.

He will allways be remembered with fondness! well at least by me

he`s a legend,fantastic footballer it`s such a shame to see him

slowly kill himself :blush:

A lot of doctors regard it as a disease.

Aye you can be psychologically or physiologically addicted to alcohol (or both).

Gazza's maybe both and has a lot of mental health issue IMO of which the alcohol consumption is just a symptom.

And tbh he's had nothing like the help say Best got in his life over the years.

• 2 months later...

Just a little post to say that Gazza's sister is a teacher of myn at college.

i asked her a few questions about him...:

i asked if he was still a through and through toon fan and she said ohh yess toon mad

then i asked what he was up to these days and she said hes been over america for a while and hes staying there until he gets his coachin stuff sorted out.

so its nice to see the man finally get his life sorted.

i asked if he was still a through and through toon fan and she said ohh yess toon mad

then i asked what he was up to these days and she said hes been over america for a while and hes staying there until he gets his coachin stuff sorted out.

;)

;)

had to be one didn't there

I'm struggling to believe Gazza's sister is a teacher tbh, what course are you doing? Beauty Therapy? Might explain it!

till i read that media technology thing a couple of quotes above i'd have her nailed on for hair styling or nail technician. the slag.