Man City 3-1 again

Uruguay 1-2

Dundee United 2-1

Hearts 3-1

Blackpool 1-0

Oxford 4-2

Portsmouth 1-0

Hungary 1-0

18) Cool As an apprentice desperate to impress then-Newcastle boss Jack Charlton, spent a week's money on fishing gear and begged the famous angler to give him a lesson. On arrival at the riverbank, Charlton promptly threw all but the rod out into the briny, then poured a bottle of Newcastle Brown into the water, dipped in the rod and within seconds was pulling out a whopper. Lesson over.

Got to be made up!

According to the paper today hes been eating raw liver cos 'Its good for his blood'

Thats genuine mental illness like, he needs proper help now.

I know it is bad form to mock the afflicted, but Gazzas OCD is one of the funniest I have heard!

http://www.newcastleunited-mad.co.uk/news/...W&id=379351

According to The Mirror he was: "buying 35 lines of coke, the total of his favourite numbers 16 and 19.

"He would sort the drug into 35 strips but snort only the 16th and 19th - a slave to his obsessive compulsive disorder - and throw the rest away."

When taken into custody last week he was so druck/drugged he told officers the IRA and the "White House" were "after him".

Staff said he was drunk, appeared naked and walked around with plastic parrots.

That sounds like bollocks tbf. I see Rod Liddle (what a cunt) stuck the boot into Gazza in his appalling Sunday Times sports section column this week btw.

Ignoring the drugs thing for a second, and the Mirror, that website Newcastle-Utd-Mad is the shittest on the net. Why do newsnow persist on letting them put things up on there? "UNITED SIGN WORLD STAR!" and it turns out to be some 15 year old trialist from Helsinki no one has ever heard of.

1983/88 P.J.Gascoigne 95/9 25

Showed at an early age he was going to be a world-beater and if he had half a brain I'm sure he would have accomplished it. What a waste of talent. Had the skill, the balance, the strength and the vision of a master, and the arrogance to make it all happen. But after leaving Newcastle he started to believe his own hype. One of the greatest midfield players this country has ever produced but he blew it ... big time! Born in Dunston and signed from Redheugh Boys Club. Joined Spurs in 1988 then went to Italy, Rangers, Boro, Everton and ended up at Boston.

This piece about him on their site....if you were reading that you would think he had a shit career. Without doubt he didn't achieve what he could have, but....he had a better career than 99.9% of footballers could ever dream of having. He was Young Player of The Year at 20, Best Young Player of the World Cup in 1990, took Spurs to the Cup Final single handedly, played a leading role in England's Euro 96 campaign, won a stack full of personal accolades, and trophies in Scotland, the way this is written you would think he ended up at Boston when he was 26 not 36. Shite in all honesty. As for believing his own hype, there's a good youtube clip with him on here...

Wor Jackie says, "his skills are absolutely unbelievable, sticks out a mile, and he'll tell ye so as well" Gazza was super confident at 20 and that made him the player he was, as for believing his own hype, what super naturally gifted footballer doesn't??? Whoever wrote that is a wank simple as that. I like the bit near the end where Jackie says "there's no argument he's the best in the world, HONESTLY the best IN THE WORLD."

Ignoring the drugs thing for a second, and the Mirror, that website Newcastle-Utd-Mad is the shittest on the net. Why do newsnow persist on letting them put things up on there? "UNITED SIGN WORLD STAR!" and it turns out to be some 15 year old trialist from Helsinki no one has ever heard of.

Showed at an early age he was going to be a world-beater and if he had half a brain I'm sure he would have accomplished it. What a waste of talent. Had the skill, the balance, the strength and the vision of a master, and the arrogance to make it all happen. But after leaving Newcastle he started to believe his own hype. One of the greatest midfield players this country has ever produced but he blew it ... big time! Born in Dunston and signed from Redheugh Boys Club. Joined Spurs in 1988 then went to Italy, Rangers, Boro, Everton and ended up at Boston.

This piece about him on their site....if you were reading that you would think he had a shit career. Without doubt he didn't achieve what he could have, but....he had a better career than 99.9% of footballers could ever dream of having. He was Young Player of The Year at 20, Best Young Player of the World Cup in 1990, took Spurs to the Cup Final single handedly, played a leading role in England's Euro 96 campaign, won a stack full of personal accolades, and trophies in Scotland, the way this is written you would think he ended up at Boston when he was 26 not 36. Shite in all honesty. As for believing his own hype, there's a good youtube clip with him on here...

Wor Jackie says, "his skills are absolutely unbelievable, sticks out a mile, and he'll tell ye so as well" Gazza was super confident at 20 and that made him the player he was, as for believing his own hype, what super naturally gifted footballer doesn't??? Whoever wrote that is a wank simple as that. I like the bit near the end where Jackie says "there's no argument he's the best in the world, HONESTLY the best IN THE WORLD."

The three or four years where he should have been playing at his absolute peak just never happened. That's the biggest regret. Still he is clearly mentally ill and probably always was, so in the grand scheme of things perhaps it's less a tragedy than it is an achievement that he had any semblance of a career at all.

The three or four years where he should have been playing at his absolute peak just never happened. That's the biggest regret. Still he is clearly mentally ill and probably always was, so in the grand scheme of things perhaps it's less a tragedy than it is an achievement that he had any semblance of a career at all.

Absolutely, but he didn't just have an ordinary career despite his injuries and set backs, he still had by any standards an outstanding career.

Just been reading Paul McGrath's autobiography and while he had a remarkable career considering his problems I think they probably pale in comparison to Gazza's.

Just been reading Paul McGrath's autobiography and while he had a remarkable career considering his problems I think they probably pale in comparison to Gazza's.

Not something I can remember off the top of his head, has Gazza ever tried to top himself or out? Just with the reference to McGrath started a reaction off in me bonce that's all.

Not something I can remember off the top of his head, has Gazza ever tried to top himself or out? Just with the reference to McGrath started a reaction off in me bonce that's all.

That's a good question like. Not sure. Didn't mean to take anything away from McGrath's problems either. I think Gazza's are probably a bit worse in retrospect.

Guest BigThompers

I know where he's being treated and one of my best mates used to work on the ward where he is. His brother still works there now, was trying to get him for a game of 7-a-side in his local league I'm told :hiya:

• 2 months later...
Paul Gascoigne in hospital again

Former England footballer Paul Gascoigne is in hospital after police were called to an incident at a hotel in west London.

Mr Gascoigne, 40, is reported to have agreed to go voluntarily, following the incident on Sunday.

Scotland Yard said they were no longer involved and no crime had been alleged.

The ex-player has battled with alcohol and health problems, and in February received treatment after being detained at a hotel under the Mental Health Act.

He was released from Middleton St George Hospital in Darlington after two weeks.

In this weekend's incident police were called to a four-star hotel in Knightsbridge, west London.

In February, Mr Gascoigne was asked to leave Newcastle's Malmaison Hotel after a disturbance.

Later the same day he was detained by Northumbria Police at Gateshead's Hilton Hotel, when concern was raised about his behaviour.

In January 2005, Mr Gascoigne - nicknamed Gazza during his football career - was hospitalised with pneumonia and last year he underwent emergency surgery for a perforated stomach ulcer after being taken ill as he was celebrating his 40th birthday.

He was arrested for an alleged assault on a photographer outside a Liverpool city centre hotel in 2005. The charges were later dropped.

A former player with Newcastle United, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio, Glasgow Rangers and Middlesbrough, he was sacked after 39 days as manager of Kettering Town in 2005.

He was capped 57 times for England.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stevie

I don't know if this has been in the papers but me mates a copper. Good lad though. He got called out on Wednesday night about a bloke pissed as fuck in Jesmond trying to set fire to a bin.

They got there and it was Gazza, he was so pissed he nearly set himself on fire. Anyway he was sectioned, he sobered up a bit, and me mate sat with him in hospital for 4 hours.

We all have preconceptions of what he's like as a lad, me mate said he's a lovely lovely bloke. His main problem is though he doesn't think he has one real friend in the world, the only people he trusts are his sister, his brother and his mam and dad. Apparently five bellies is a total cunt who he hates for loads of reasons, just hanging round him to sponge off. He wants to do his coaching badges, but isn't sure if anyone will give him a job. His favourite toon goal was his 45 yarder against Palace, he loved playing for Spurs but thought their fans were arsehole and he supports Rangers every bit as much as us.

My mate is a good judge of character and when I've briefly met Gazza, he's came across well, he is a good bloke at heart and I hope and pray he sorts it out, because he has a lot to offer as a person and football figure.

He loved playing for Spurs but thought their fans were arse holes?

Yeah alright.

if Gazza had been sectioned it would have been all over the papers. If he had have been knicked and not hurt himself he would have ended up in clink not hospital.

So either your mates talking shit or you are. After reading your previous post I should imagine its you.

Guest Stevie

Yeah alright.

if Gazza had been sectioned it would have been all over the papers. If he had have been knicked and not hurt himself he would have ended up in clink not hospital.

So either your mates talking shit or you are. After reading your previous post I should imagine its you.

Really. So every time he's been arrested or got pissed it's been in the papers. They'd have to give him his own daily column. You really don't have a clue.

Maybe he was in "clink" whatever the fuck that is, all I know is my mate sat with him in hospital for four hours. I should of got the itinary of the night shouldn't I times, movements everything, so I could convey it to some cockney wank on a toon forum shouldn't I, just in case he thought I was making it up.

I've got no reason to lie, there's a lad who posts on here who knows me and my mate, he will be able to confirm what I've said when he sees him on Tuesday and speaks with him.

Yeah alright.

Really. So every time he's been arrested or got pissed it's been in the papers. They'd have to give him his own daily column. You really don't have a clue.

Maybe he was in "clink" whatever the fuck that is, all I know is my mate sat with him in hospital for four hours. I should of got the itinary of the night shouldn't I times, movements everything, so I could convey it to some cockney wank on a toon forum shouldn't I, just in case he thought I was making it up.

I've got no reason to lie, there's a lad who posts on here who knows me and my mate, he will be able to confirm what I've said when he sees him on Tuesday and speaks with him.

Clink is prison mate. He was either in prison or in hospital, which one is it?

If he was in hospital he must of injured himself. As I said if he had it would be all over the papers as they have it in for him at the moment.

seems a bit convenient that he was slagging Spurs when you were just doing the same in another thread.

I smell bullshit.

fucking hell if your going to lie at least make it convincing. Fucking Geordie using a sick ex player as a way of having a pop at Spurs.

And you think we are wankers.

Edited by Danny B

Guest Stevie

....and yes my mate said he loved London, but he didn't think much of your fans. To be fair he even says the same thing in his book if you ever read it.