Gazza

peasepud

Guest Gordon McKeag

It's terrible listening to him like an old jock alky but, when it come up breaking news on sky "PAUL GASCOIGNE ARRIVES AT THE CRIME SCENE WITH FOOD TO NEGOTIATE WITH RAOUL MOAT" I'm sorry I love Gazza, but I couldn't breathe for five minutes, Gazza coming to save the day, and I hope he turns his life round but "al gan owa just and gan Moaty howeh". :unsure: Lets hope Gazza sorts it out though.

Paul Gascoigne, the former England footballer, arrived in Rothbury to offer his support for Raoul Moat, the fugitive who was tonight in confrontation with armed police.

Talking toReal Radio Northeast, the 43-year-old appeared to suggest he had brought Moat, 37, a "can of lager, some chicken, a mobile phone and something to keep warm".

Gascoigne added: "He is willing to give in now. I just want to give him some therapy and say 'come on Moaty, it's Gazza'.

"He is all right – simple as that – and I am willing to help him. I have come all the way from Newcastle to Rothbury to find him, have a chat with him."

Gascoigne, who has battled with drink for much of his adult life, is a frequent visitor to Rothbury as the fishing is good locally.

"I guarantee, Moaty, he won't shoot me. I am good friends with him," he said.

Gascoigne's agent, Kenny Shepherd, said: "He's doing what? I am sitting having an evening meal in Majorca. I'm speechless."

Paul Gascoigne, the former England footballer, arrived in Rothbury to offer his support for Raoul Moat, the fugitive who was tonight in confrontation with armed police.

Talking toReal Radio Northeast, the 43-year-old appeared to suggest he had brought Moat, 37, a "can of lager, some chicken, a mobile phone and something to keep warm".

Gascoigne added: "He is willing to give in now. I just want to give him some therapy and say 'come on Moaty, it's Gazza'.

"He is all right – simple as that – and I am willing to help him. I have come all the way from Newcastle to Rothbury to find him, have a chat with him."

Gascoigne, who has battled with drink for much of his adult life, is a frequent visitor to Rothbury as the fishing is good locally.

"I guarantee, Moaty, he won't shoot me. I am good friends with him," he said.

Gascoigne's agent, Kenny Shepherd, said: "He's doing what? I am sitting having an evening meal in Majorca. I'm speechless."

I love idea behind that. Good on you Gazza.

Guest Gordon McKeag

If you go in most social clubs each one will have someone like Gazza. He just loves alcohol, he feels vulnerable and unloved, he probably had a brain wave when pissed that he'd go up there save the day, and everyone would love him again.

I love this from Waddle....

"THE great thing about Gazza," says Chris Waddle, "is that he didn't respect who he was playing against.

"He didn't even know who he was playing against. When I mentioned Rijkaard (the legendary Dutch midfielder), he thought it was a country."

If you go in most social clubs each one will have someone like Gazza. He just loves alcohol, he feels vulnerable and unloved, he probably had a brain wave when pissed that he'd go up there save the day, and everyone would love him again.

I love this from Waddle....

"THE great thing about Gazza," says Chris Waddle, "is that he didn't respect who he was playing against.

"He didn't even know who he was playing against. When I mentioned Rijkaard (the legendary Dutch midfielder), he thought it was a country."

That's what I thought after the initial "what the fuck? you're taking the piss, Gazza hasn't turned up!" had gone :unsure:

I listened to about 10 seconds of that and couldn't listen anymore....shocking...

In the midst of it all and however mad and ill judged it still shows Gazza's heart to be big and in the right place. But as for his judgment, his own well being and future prospects...............its just terribly sad.