Gazza

peasepud

It's sad, watching someone you grew up idolising become such a mess. He needs help and support from real friends. I'm quite sure he has some bad people around him who are after a little bit of money. It's sad

Think you're bieng kind to the wife-beating drunk because he's one of your idols.

4 people have just stumped up for him to go to rehab AGAIN ffs.

It's nothing to do with what other people have done to him.

Think you're bieng kind to the wife-beating drunk because he's one of your idols.

4 people have just stumped up for him to go to rehab AGAIN ffs.

It's nothing to do with what other people have done to him.

Think you're being harsh to Henda11 and to a man with many demons and problems in his life and by association his families lives.

Would Gazza have turned completely to the bottle regardless of how he was treated by his ex wife and advisers during his career?...if that's a yes, then is it fair to say he's been ill all his adult life? If that's true, are all his problems down to him being ill?...and has that illness affected the way hes treated the likes of Cheryl?....is alcoholism a real illness or is that just a cop out for those who really and truly couldn't give a fuck?...I know its treated as an illness, but when a drunk beats a woman up as HF says its hard to have any real sympathy.

It's an addiction. He didn't choose to be addicted to alcohol and he hasn't got the willpower to stop. The difference between him and Best is that Best was a functioning alcoholic. He still did TV work and held down a relationship. Gazza would be in a halfway house by now if it wasn't for his money

I'd guess he's always been a manic depressive all his adult life and has become addicted to alcohol through this. He is a shambles and it's sad to see, how his ex-wife remembers him I don't know and don't think anyone will condone him hitting her in the past. It isn't black & white as Caulkin's article says.

Think you're being harsh to Henda11 and to a man with many demons and problems in his life and by association his families lives.

I have every sympathy for Gascoigne and hope he gets all the help he needs.

I have just as much sympathy for those he has been close to though. I get tired of people blaming those around him. If alcoholism is an illness (as I think it is) then you might as well blame someones cancer on their family & friends. That would be seen as in extemely bad taste for a family struggling with a gruelling illness though.

ARS.

Nothing black and white about Gazza

George Caulkin

February 07 2013 12:02PM

I would give a lot to stop the clocks and plot a course back in time for one more of those moments when he hinted at unshackled possibility, but less for his sake. Him doing his job made me want to do mine.

:cry: Excellent article. B)

I have just as much sympathy for those he has been close to though. I get tired of people blaming those around him. If alcoholism is an illness (as I think it is) then you might as well blame someones cancer on their family & friends. That would be seen as in extemely bad taste for a family struggling with a gruelling illness though.

ARS.

Me too!

Aye, didn't read Henda's post through regarding the 'real friends' bit.

Alot of people who have money have there fair share of "enablers" who were after his money , and I wasn't particularly referring to his family.

I know this isn't football related but Michael Jackson for example, he had his fair share of enablers who used him for financial gain, and having followed court cases since he died, it won't be long before the people who laundered money from him are ousted out. His will was signed by him in LA when he wasn't even in the country the day it was signed. Like he said in an interview, he never got to see his accounts so he never knew how much money he had. it's sad that there is "enablers" who do use the popular and rich for financial gain.

I hope Gazza gets well.

I'd guess he's always been a manic depressive all his adult life and has become addicted to alcohol through this. He is a shambles and it's sad to see, how his ex-wife remembers him I don't know and don't think anyone will condone him hitting her in the past. It isn't black & white as Caulkin's article says.

He's not manic depressive, that's Bi Polar disorder. Depressed following his playing career, yes.

ARS.

Arr you really comparing cancer to alcoholism?

Why has he been sent to the US anyway when he could have been treated here. More successfully probably as well, the worst thing you can do with an alcohol dependent is cut there supply of without proper pharmacological support.

Which he will get at Rehab in the US

Not trying to be smart but why couldn't he get the same treatment in the UK?.....doubt if the 9 hour flight was a bundle of laughs for him...sounds like his err "mates" may be getting the treatment in the US gratis:

Irani said: "I had a chat with Chris Evans and he just asked how we could help him. We knew we just had to get him on this flight, out to the [treatment centre] in Phoenix, we just had to get him on the plane. I called British Airways and explained the situation, that we had to get him out to Phoenix to get him some help. He needs it, and if not, who knows what's going to happen?"

No one will know who he is over there and the press won't be camped outside trying to get a photo. I'm not sure what the issue is?

No fair one, it just seemed the flight would be a lot to put him through. Put like that it makes sense to a large extent.