Gazza

peasepud

I just clicked on the unread posts thing, I didn't even notice it was an old post. quite an evasion of the argument tho

Apparently there's been a camera crew documenting the whole thing. They were initially supposed to be following his recovery but it obviously didn't go to plan. It should make painful viewing.

It shouldn't make viewing at all if the TV station has any decency

As if.

"Hey everyone, check out this tragedy and buy some fucking shit while you're at it."

Edited by trophyshy

Apparently there's been a camera crew documenting the whole thing. They were initially supposed to be following his recovery but it obviously didn't go to plan. It should make painful viewing.

Oh I'd say its gone exactly according to plan for them.

Oh I'd say its gone exactly according to plan for them.

Absolutely. Would not be surprised if it had been a sound man who bought him the first pint.

• 2 months later...

Soz, didn't mean to worry you but I agree it'll almost certainly leave people feeling sad. Looks like it'll just reinforce the fact that he's beyond help.

Although if anyone prefers, there's a documentary at 22.35 on ITV tomorrow too about Muhammed Ali visiting Britain which should be worth a watch. My dad met him in 1977 when he came to South Shields :)

Soz, didn't mean to worry you but I agree it'll almost certainly leave people feeling sad. Looks like it'll just reinforce the fact that he's beyond help.

Although if anyone prefers, there's a documentary at 22.35 on ITV tomorrow too about Muhammed Ali visiting Britain which should be worth a watch. My dad met him in 1977 when he came to South Shields :)

Haha - no need to apologise (especially as i always check for the gemmil tag before a death is mentioned)

I just find it kind of sad that any time i see the name of a bloke who was at on time one of the grandest in the sport - the first instinct is "oh fuck, did it finally catch up to him?"

Didn't realise ali had been over shields like (showing my uncultured age here) Gonna stick one of these on record. Also gonna request the catmag tv guide. picking up all the gems here!

ESPN Classic (RIP) were showing an interview Ali did whilst he was on his South Shields visit. It was recorded in the Sports Hall of Eldon Leisure (scene of my toontastic 5-a-side ugly moment with a Scandinavian child) and is an interesting watch if only to see the lercals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m2chT8HKs8

Just seen a clip of the Gazza documentary on This Morning. It's going to be a difficult watch - "I hope I don't die from this, but at least if I do pass away through it I wouldn't be in this pain all the time. Also adding "I don't think I'm going to be all right, definitely not"

They then mentioned that he was meant to be on the show today but "no-one could find him"

Horrible.