Finding make of graphics card

newcastlebroon

After recently reinstalling windows, in device manager it says that my VGA driver is not installed, and when I run dxdiag it also says that the device is ?.

My system is a medion (mt 175) and due to this I cannot change the resolution from 800x600, which is really pissing me off. How do I find drivers to combat this and stop the "out of frequency" warning coming up when i try to change resolution?

cheers

I assume you are running an old version of windows? Like 98 or something? XP and Vista usually allow some degree of plug and play.

Easiest thing to do, take the side of the PC and just look at the 3D card to see what it is. If you aint sure, its the card your monitor is plugged into.

I dont know that system, if its on board graphics (monitor plug is attached to mother board) then you search for the motherboard drivers.

I assume you are running an old version of windows? Like 98 or something? XP and Vista usually allow some degree of plug and play.

Easiest thing to do, take the side of the PC and just look at the 3D card to see what it is. If you aint sure, its the card your monitor is plugged into.

I dont know that system, if its on board graphics (monitor plug is attached to mother board) then you search for the motherboard drivers.

no its Windows XP. After looking inside it on board graphics, every time I try to install drivers Dos mode cuts-out and breaks. what should I do?

Get a hammer OR switch it off and back on again (helpdesk response)...

If its on board, the you should be able to find the right driver at their website. If you save it to you desktop them go to device manager for the display adapter and say update driver (something like that) and say "have disk" and point it to the driver download on the desktop.

Not sure about the Dos mode thing? are you installing the driver through the dos window?