Classic memories

Craig

:hiya:

Where did you get this :lol:

I was at this game we beat Luton 4-0. Michael O'Neill scored one of the best volleys I've ever seen, for his hattrick, I thought he'd be a world beater tbh.

Seems well strange listening to Charles Harrison after all these years, I always got impression he favoured the mackems.

I'd forgotten that it was the season when the Milburn was being built.. Wondered where the players were off too at the final whistle :hiya:

Quality stuff though, even Ned Kelly getting on the ball juggling...

:lol:

I was at this game we beat Luton 4-0. Michael O'Neill scored one of the best volleys I've ever seen, for his hattrick, I thought he'd be a world beater tbh.

Seems well strange listening to Charles Harrison after all these years, I always got impression he favoured the mackems.

Thought you might get excited :hiya:

Was searching through YouTube and found it... I was there too and O'Neill was indeed class..

Now that's entertainment. Those portacabin chaning rooms ended up at Heaton Stannington FC for a while btw.

My Uncle got them for Heaton Stannigton :-)

Is that right? I'd probably know him / know of him then if he was owt to do with Heaton Stan. They've had new ones built now like. I used to go down there loads as my Dad played for them for a long time (played well into his 40s) then helped run them for a bit. I still get in there occasionally and I keep up my membership. Very cheap booze like.

Was searching through YouTube and found it... I was there too and O'Neill was indeed class..

I tell you what though they got the last laugh for us taking the piss, next time we played them on the plakka pitch they done us 4-0.

I played in the Northumberland County Cup Final for the school at Heaton Stannington, there was about 500 people there, biggest crowd I'd played in front of to that point, felt like I was playing at Wembley.

I played in the Northumberland County Cup Final for the school at Heaton Stannington, there was about 500 people there, biggest crowd I'd played in front of to that point, felt like I was playing at Wembley.

Used to be used loads for cup finals as back then the pitch was pretty good and it was an enclosed ground. The NFA are based at Blue Flames now though. They really are good pitches.

Aye, we were always convinced he was on the dark side. Remember when he used to get burgarled every week cos he was commentating on us?

Where is he now btw?

Now that's entertainment. Those portacabin chaning rooms ended up at Heaton Stannington FC for a while btw.

Is that right? I'd probably know him / know of him then if he was owt to do with Heaton Stan. They've had new ones built now like. I used to go down there loads as my Dad played for them for a long time (played well into his 40s) then helped run them for a bit. I still get in there occasionally and I keep up my membership. Very cheap booze like.

U will more than likely know him he was Mr Heaton Stann - Eddy Tremendous

No way! I knew Eddie very well. Top bloke. RIP. Him and my Dad/Uncle go back years from when they knew each other as kids in Walker and then grew up together and played football together, etc. Small world, eh?

No way! I knew Eddie very well. Top bloke. RIP. Him and my Dad/Uncle go back years from when they knew each other as kids in Walker and then grew up together and played football together, etc. Small world, eh?

Your right there he was a lovely man - he was ment to be a v good player had the chance to go pro by all accounts but didnt as he only had one lung - he and my dad are brothers.

Very small world indeed

Your right there he was a lovely man - he was ment to be a v good player had the chance to go pro by all accounts but didnt as he only had one lung - he and my dad are brothers.

Very small world indeed

I'm pretty sure I saw his daughter in town the other week. No way she'd recognise me / remember me now though. Although my cousins went to school with her. Eddie was a bit of thug on the pitch from what I remember. :hiya: Although my Dad and Uncle were worse. Canny fullback like. Blokes like him are the life blood of local football. His enthusiasm for the game was 'tremendous' :lol:

Edited by alex

Very small world indeed

I'm pretty sure I saw his daughter in town the other week. No way she'd recognise me / remember me now though. Although my cousins went to school with her. Eddie was a bit of thug on the pitch from what I remember. :hiya: Although my Dad and Uncle were worse. Canny fullback like. Blokes like him are the life blood of local football. His enthusiasm for the game was 'tremendous' :lol:

aye ive heard some canny stories bout him - he once came on wen he was manager (as they had no subs left) he was on pitch all of 5 mins and was shown a red card for a nasty challenge, he may of been a thug on the pitch but he was anything but off the field :-)

shows how much he was thought of the FA came to his funeral.

She would prob remember you especially your Dad and Uncle

Very small world indeed

aye ive heard some canny stories bout him - he once came on wen he was manager (as they had no subs left) he was on pitch all of 5 mins and was shown a red card for a nasty challenge, he may of been a thug on the pitch but he was anything but off the field :-)

shows how much he was thought of the FA came to his funeral.

She would prob remember you especially your Dad and Uncle

Aye, there was a massive turn-out for the funeral. Shows how well-liked he was :lol:

I tell you what though they got the last laugh for us taking the piss, next time we played them on the plakka pitch they done us 4-0.

Nah mate it was the other way around (and Charles Harrison makes comment on it during this clip). They stuffed us at Kenilworth Road when we were wearing some bizarre blue away strip devoid of club and sponsor logos apparently. Word has it that they were beating us 4-0 and started to take the piss by doing the keepy-ups and this was our revenge hence the gamesmanship.

Not that many of us would be able to tell the tale like, Luton didn't let in away fans, did they? :icon_lol:

Jesus that takes me back, thanks for posting it,fantastic really enjoyed that cheers!! :hiya:

Was hoping that it would have that kind of reaction... :lol:

1987/88 was the first season I was a season ticket holder. I'd been to games the season before but only when we could afford to get tickets. I'd love to find more clips of that era.... if anyone finds any, make sure it's posted :lol:

(and I bet 2J samples some of that footage of Gazza showboating :icon_lol: )

Nah mate it was the other way around (and Charles Harrison makes comment on it during this clip). They stuffed us at Kenilworth Road when we were wearing some bizarre blue away strip devoid of club and sponsor logos apparently. Word has it that they were beating us 4-0 and started to take the piss by doing the keepy-ups and this was our revenge hence the gamesmanship.

Not that many of us would be able to tell the tale like, Luton didn't let in away fans, did they? :icon_lol:

Stands corrected. I remember me mates fatha was a riot xenophobic bigot from Shieldfield, and I was in his hoose, on a Sunday morning, he was waiting for his paper of choice to arrive (Sunday Sport), and in reference to our game at Luton he said "YE NAA WHAT THE HEADLINES GANNA BE DIVVINT YE?.......SHITE!" it stuck in my mind for some reason after all these years, but it was in fact a 0-0 draw.

Luton didn't let any away fans in for 5 years because of Millwall's riot there in 1985. What a mad few weeks that was for football, the biggest riot ever seen in England, and its live on TV, the Bradford fire where 59 die, then Heysel where Chel ahem the scousers caused 39 deaths, all in the space of 6 weeks.

Jesus that takes me back, thanks for posting it,fantastic really enjoyed that cheers!! :hiya:

1987/88 was the first season I was a season ticket holder. I'd been to games the season before but only when we could afford to get tickets. I'd love to find more clips of that era.... if anyone finds any, make sure it's posted :lol:

Aye, 87/88 was when I started going in dribs and drabs, and then the 'wonderful' 88/89 season was when I started to go 'propa' so to speak i.e the Nova let kids in.

Aye, 87/88 was when I started going in dribs and drabs, and then the 'wonderful' 88/89 season was when I started to go 'propa' so to speak i.e the Nova let kids in.

Ye naa the first game of the next season at home, we'd lost 4-0 at the blue dippers the week before, but honestly I reckon up to when the ground was enclosed, the atmosphere that day against Spurs was completely unbelievable. FAT BOY FAT BOY WHATS THE SCORE?