Average Attendances Since WW2

Tom

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was brought to my Attention on F365,

1-112.jpg

Did the war end in 1979 like? Look at Spurs average gate in 1986 eh 20,000 in the top half of the top flight, we would never stoop so low, and the blue dippers 1984, SEVENTH, and they average 19,000, we averaged 11,000 more in Division Two that season!

Fair point.

Anyway most of Man United's fans from the last ten years are plastic are fuck. If they didn't win anything for ten years they would probably get 40-50k.

Same could be said for Liverpool, Arsenal, and latterly Chelsea seem to have picked up a chunk of the middle class population <_<

Tell you what, out of all of them you've got to say fair play to Man Citeh for a steady bedrock of 20k+; and that's with a fair few seasons out of the top flight and with the scum across the road wining everything in sight.

Tell you what, out of all of them you've got to say fair play to Man Citeh for a steady bedrock of 20k+; and that's with a fair few seasons out of the top flight and with the scum across the road wining everything in sight.

Manchester/Salford is more than big enough for two teams, and they've won more than we have in the last 61 years (including being champions of this country twice). Sunderland's figure is the most impressive in my opinion. One FA Cup win, and fuck all else for more than half a century, yet still over the piece they've been the 10th best supported club. I reckon even if we had a short spell of success like Leeds had in the late 60s early 70s, we'd be second on that list, I'm convinced of it.

It's also interesting that Leeds have never averaged over 40,000 in their history.

Nearer the true order imo:

Averaged over 50,000

Man Utd 21

Newcastle 10

Arsenal 5

Tottenham 4

Everton 1

Liverpool 0

Averaged over 40000

Man Utd 49

Liverpool 33

Everton 21

Newcastle 17

Arsenal 16

Tottenham 16

Chelsea 12

Sunderland 9

Man City 7

Aston Villa 3

Leeds 0

People call Leeds a big club why? They had a brief spell of success in the 1960s and 70s yet fuck all else ever, they clearly have never been fabulously supported, yet people fall over themselves to say we're not a big club yet Leeds are?

Edited by Stevie

Manchester/Salford is more than big enough for two teams, and they've won more than we have in the last 61 years (including being champions of this country twice). Sunderland's figure is the most impressive in my opinion. One FA Cup win, and fuck all else for more than half a century, yet still over the piece they've been the 10th best supported club. I reckon even if we had a short spell of success like Leeds had in the late 60s early 70s, we'd be second on that list, I'm convinced of it.

I think Sunderland's record is a tribute to them tbh. Can't knock it.

Still think City's is the measure of anyones overall though when you consider who their neighbours are-you really can't under estimate that factor. Manchester/Salford is big enough for two teams, but Salford is almost entirely red.

If my auntie had a cock, she'd be my uncle.

Surely she would still be your auntie. . . . just with a cock!

It's purely hypothetical. I think in practice you'd just have to suck it and see.

Exactly what I was thinking... although their support has never been one to be called into question. Often gets forgotten but its not that long ago that Citeh were in the third tier of English football and it was for more than one season IIRC.

Do those stats mean we are now the 6th best club, or summat ????:razz::D<_<

Spurs or Everton winning the Uefa Cup does. Of course, this is the post-Shepherd era, hence the decline.

Edited by alex

Spurs or Everton winning the Uefa Cup does. Of course, this is the post-Shepherd era, hence the decline.

Aye. Who sang that song 'We're on the road to nowhere..' ?? (It wasn't Peter Gabriel [sp] was it ???) (or was it Talking Heads ??)

Aye. Who sang that song 'We're on the road to nowhere..' ?? (It wasn't Peter Gabriel [sp] was it ???) (or was it Talking Heads ??)

Talking Heads, aye. Good tune. Hope they don't play it before kick-off on Saturday though :)