Average Attendances Since WW2

Tom

Do those stats mean we are now the 6th best club, or summat ????:razz::D<_<

Spurs or Everton winning the Uefa Cup does. Of course, this is the post-Shepherd era, hence the decline.

Aye. Who sang that song 'We're on the road to nowhere..' ?? (It wasn't Peter Gabriel [sp] was it ???) (or was it Talking Heads ??)

Talking Heads, aye. Good tune. Hope they don't play it before kick-off on Saturday though :)

Better than them playing Gabriel's shock the monkey!

Maybe when Barton runs on they can play psycho killer!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair point.

Anyway most of Man United's fans from the last ten years are plastic are fuck. If they didn't win anything for ten years they would probably get 40-50k.

Same could be said for Liverpool, Arsenal, and latterly Chelsea seem to have picked up a chunk of the middle class population <_<

If Man U didn't win anything for 10 years they'd be lucky to break 40,000 IMO.

If they dropped out of the top division I think they'd be lucky to get 10,000. :razz:

Guest Stevie
Fair point.

Anyway most of Man United's fans from the last ten years are plastic are fuck. If they didn't win anything for ten years they would probably get 40-50k.

Same could be said for Liverpool, Arsenal, and latterly Chelsea seem to have picked up a chunk of the middle class population <_<

If they dropped out of the top division I think they'd be lucky to get 10,000. :razz:

In terms of TRUE SUPPORT, Man Utd are the only ones who have more than us, in this day and age they could go 10 years without winning the league and still get 65,000 in there IMO. You look at the dippers though, they came 5th and there was a few league gates 12.000 under capacity.

Fair point.

In terms of TRUE SUPPORT, Man Utd are the only ones who have more than us, in this day and age they could go 10 years without winning the league and still get 65,000 in there IMO. You look at the dippers though, they came 5th and there was a few league gates 12.000 under capacity.

TRUE SUPPORT, get a grip man.

why has this turned into a cock measuring contest?

Fair point.

If they dropped out of the top division I think they'd be lucky to get 10,000. :D

TRUE SUPPORT, get a grip man.

why has this turned into a cock measuring contest?

:razz: he loves it

• 2 months later...

I remember when Newcastle were getting less than 20K to games.

ridiculous when you compare attendances to today.

I was shocked to see the number of empty seats at Uefa games a few seasons back, especially when you sell out 60K to watch Dane Bowers et al in "THE MATCH".

Guest alex

I was shocked to see the number of empty seats at Uefa games a few seasons back, especially when you sell out 60K to watch Dane Bowers et al in "THE MATCH".

About the same time any comparable club was getting less people though, as some like to conveniently forget. And it was hardly the season ticket holders going to 'The Match', was it?

About the same time any comparable club was getting less people though, as some like to conveniently forget. And it was hardly the season ticket holders going to 'The Match', was it?

And the Uefa two seasons back?

Guest alex

Basically the tickets were too expensive for games on TV against poor European sides combined with poor football being played etc. If the tickets had been cheaper we'd have filled the ground. Let's not get too deep into this debate though, eh Danny? If for no other reason than 1) It's been done to death and 2) Arguing about past attendances is sad as fuck.

Edited by alex

Basically the tickets were too expensive for games on TV against poor European sides combined with poor football being played etc. If the tickets had been cheaper we'd have filled the ground. Let's not get too deep into this debate though, eh Danny? If for no other reason than 1) It's been done to death and 2) Arguing about past attendances is sad as fuck.

Yeah we had the same problem against Bucherest 2 seasons back which they made cat A. Some tickets were £71!!

We still almost filled it though.

Yeah we had the same problem against Bucherest 2 seasons back which they made cat A. Some tickets were £71!!

What's your capacity again? Bit stupid comparing your attendance to ours really.

What's your capacity again? Bit stupid comparing your attendance to ours really.

36K you are correct though it is stupid to compare, we have a massive ST waiting list that we cant service because of the whole % of the ground thing.

Still fingers crossed we will get a new ground soon.

Best not mention spuds gates of less than 15000 or worse still, 10000 in the 80's then :nufc:

I think 30-40k is a fair attendance for a Uefa Cup match if the visiting team is shite.

Like our attendance in the 2nd round of the league cup - they said that was shite and we got so much stick for 30k- against Barnsley.

It was by far the highest attendance the round however...more than twice the nearest competitor.

Best not mention spuds gates of less than 15000 or worse still, 10000 in the 80's then :nufc:

jj6pb2.jpg

jj6pb2.jpg

Have another go :scratchchin:

I can see it there fella.

My point is that, although I would never accuse you're lot of being plastic jonny come latelys or anything like that but the media portrayal of the ever faithful "toon army" is just a bit of a one eyed "skyism".