Shaving

Glasgow Mag

Gits

I'm thinking about the £18.99 I spend every couple of months on 8 Gilette Fusion razor blades. Bloody rip-off.

I like a wet shave but think that the big shaving companies are raking it in.

Back in the day folk used to use disposable razor blades - can you still do that these days? Does it produce a comparable result?

I find electric razors can give you a very good shave these days and allow you to keep a bit of stubble (which I prefer)

I find electric razors can give you a very good shave these days and allow you to keep a bit of stubble (which I prefer)

You like the ladies to have a bit of a rough edge to them do you Dave? <_<

Disposable razors are akin to shaving with a piece of broken glass!

Had you down as a waxer tbh

I'm suprised he has the need to yet tbh.... <_<

Well in fairness would you want this bald and looking at you? :razz:

scent_gland_male_dwarf.jpg

I'm suprised he has the need to yet tbh.... <_<

Ive seen a picture of you and youre hardly the epitome of masculinity yourself!

No, your mum put me off that kind of shit. [/moron]

You're just upset because you can't grow anything more impressive than a chemo-beard :razz:

I'm suprised he has the need to yet tbh.... :razz:

Ive seen a picture of you and youre hardly the epitome of masculinity yourself!

It's like shooting fish in a barrel <_<

No, your mum put me off that kind of shit. [/moron]

Didn't have you down for necrophilia... takes all sorts I s'pose :razz:

Guest BigThompers

Use an electric one myself, more benefit to my quite sensitive skin. If I shave too close it usually itches for a little while.

'twas King Gillette himself who came up with the idea of giving away razors (these day they get your nearest & dearest to BUY them for you of course) and then making his money out of the blades............................. unfortunately a lot of other people have cottoned on............

Guest Stevie

I used to use Bic's when I was younger and its akin to Freddie Kruger getting emotional on your neck. Gillette Fusion is the best I've come across but you're right fucking what a rip off. 18.99 for 8 I bet it costs them 3 quid tops to do the research, marketing and production of them.

Guest BigThompers
I used to use Bic's when I was younger and its akin to Freddie Kruger getting emotional on your neck. Gillette Fusion is the best I've come across but you're right fucking what a rip off. 18.99 for 8 I bet it costs them 3 quid tops to do the research, marketing and production of them.

Henry, Tiger and Big Roger don't come cheap I bet!

Guest Stevie

There are about 550m people in Europe, that's the market that add would've been focussed on. Of those 550m, 270m will be blokes, and of that 270m, maybe 180m will be shaving. So they have 180m potential customers. Of that 180m, I reckon 5m at most will have beards. So there's 175m who will potentially buy Gillette. You would guess as market leader they have a 30% market share, so you're looking at just over 50m customers. The average bloke will have 50 blades a year so you're talking 120 quid on blades. 120 quid x 52m customers is 6 billion quid. They'd only pay TH, TW and RBCF, 6m between them so that's a drop in the ocean.

Guest Stevie
If you're telling me that the average bloke spends £120 on razor blades you're taking the piss.

18 quid for 8 right. You'll easily used those 8 up in 2 months, ythey go blunt after a week. Maybe tramps from Spennymoor make them last longer.

If you're telling me that the average bloke spends £120 on razor blades you're taking the piss.

18 quid for 8 right. You'll easily used those 8 up in 2 months, ythey go blunt after a week. Maybe tramps from Spennymoor make them last longer.

Judging by the state of his mothers minge him and his mam are sharing razors tbh

Guest Stevie

Judging by the state of his mothers minge him and his mam are sharing razors tbh

<_<

Guest BigThompers

wowomglolololol

• 1 year later...