Shaving

Glasgow Mag

Fuck that, being a slap-head, I shave my chin when I shave my head, saves me a fortune, just run the clippers over my dome then over my chin.

Fuck that, being a slap-head, I shave my chin when I shave my head, saves me a fortune, just run the clippers over my dome then over my chin.

Followed by the crack?

these 27 blade modern razors are fine for acres of face but they're an absolute sod to get into your nose or ears................

My first go with the Merkur was less than successful, no closer than with my Gillette but with about three pints of blood lost. I see what you mean now Hog.

My first go with the Merkur was less than successful, no closer than with my Gillette but with about three pints of blood lost. I see what you mean now Hog.

You got Merkur'd

;)

I found that going with the grain gave me as close a shave as doing two passes (one with and one against the grain) with one of the multi-blade razors. Don't suppose you used shaving soap and a shaving brush? That seemed to help me too. I'll see if I can find a decent guide.

Found the three that helped me when I first started:

http://artofmanliness.com/2008/01/04/how-t...e-your-grandpa/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6886845/

http://www.shaving-shack.com/shop/catalog/...Tips-sp-55.html

If I'm feeling brave enough to go with and then shave against the grain I can get away with not shaving for 2-3 days. But I'm much more likely to nick myself going against the grain.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

• 2 weeks later...
Just managed to split my lip with my I-Trim (electric shaver), blood pissing everywhere. Looks like I have just been hit by Tyson :(<_<

That takes some doing!

Nerves bonnie lad.

you got off lightly anyway, I've split me ring this afternoon.

Just managed to split my lip with my I-Trim (electric shaver), blood pissing everywhere. Looks like I have just been hit by Tyson :)<_<

That takes some doing!

Nerves bonnie lad.

With a shaver? :(

Just managed to split my lip with my I-Trim (electric shaver), blood pissing everywhere. Looks like I have just been hit by Tyson :)<_<

That takes some doing!

Nerves bonnie lad.

With a shaver? :(

No, with a dildo! nailed on

• 2 weeks later...
It makes me wounder why people would spend so much on a disposable shaver, when an electric one can do the same job, for far less money in the long run, even if you get an expensive one.

Because no matter how good the electric one is, you'll never get a shave as close as you will with a wet shave.

fwiw I tend to use an electric trimmer but don't go for the clean shaven look.