Anfield next week

wonitfivex

So did both of them stay on all 3 stages for a full decade? Yes or no?

Oh and I'm still waiting for those quotes that actually say I like wrestling, I did ask for them in another thread but never got them. Strange that..........

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So did both of them stay on all 3 stages for a full decade? Yes or no?

Oh and I'm still waiting for those quotes that actually say I like wrestling, I did ask for them in another thread but never got them. Strange that..........

Got to agree with Stevie for once on this. neville has not had the obstacles of either Anderson or Armfield. And Anderson couldn't perform in europe consistently because of the murdering bin dippers.

Fop, honestly, you're incredibly boring.

comin from yee?

:icon_lol:

I swear you'd take a mackem's side if it meant you got to try and have a dig at me. You're pretty predictable Stevie.

and Fop, honestly, from where do you get the impression I'm remotely like Penfold, I honestly think you honestly think you're being witty and/or clever... but you're really not.... either.

yow.gif

:lol:

seriously? that's all you've got?

:icon_lol:

More than enough. :D

I_spilled_it.gif

will it be another nail in your coffin?

dont forget though we'll have one eye on inter milan game

so a chance for newcastle maybe

oh yes the "sign on" "liverpool slums" songs are boring us silly now

any witty ones for a change

What like every one of the three songs every away support since Keegan arrived have churned out?

''Cheer Up Kevin Keegan''

''Keegan out''

''Sack the board'' (WTFBTWLOL?)

''Going Down''

You'l only add YNWA (yawn) and some shite about Gerrard actually being good.

Liverpool fans are comic book football fans man :lol:

the only ones sung yesterday was "walk on" and that soccer am style shite "going down" hated as much as "who are ya" and "easy easy"

but as fans (the newcastle majority at anfield) were 1st class gobshites

From what I understand, what pisses them off more than anything is that the police have never accepted overall responsibility for the events that led to the death of those fans.

The police have instead chosen to stick with the view that the fans were to blame for getting racous and forcing them to have to open the gate. And then furthermore, it's the fans fault for rushing through the tunnel and crushing those at the front. Despite the findings over the years, the police still stick with this view that the fans of Liverpool FC, fuelled by drink, were ultimately responsible for what happened.

Most of us have been to away matches and been sensibly policed to the ground. If you have and you've read up on what happened that day, you can't fail to come to the conclusion that it was a failure on a massive scale by the South Yorks Police Force.

For those of you still unsure, put yourself in the position of the fans the police choose to blame. It's 10mins before kick-off in an FA Cup semi-final. It's only natural you want to get in the ground so by definition you will be congregating near the turnstiles. Then, when the gate is opened, it's only natural that you're going to make a bee-line to get in a position to view the game (the nearest entry being that tunnel. We'd have all done the same in the same situation.

The part I can still get my head round is those police officers who initially stopped people escaping over the fence at the front. They must have seen people being crushed to death in front of their eyes but rather than help them out or open the gate, they pushed them back in. They're the fucking animals....

It is so nice to see that someone such as yourself, Craig has done a bit of homework and educated himself with facts, as oppose to shite that was printed in the rag just after that awful tragedy happened. This could have happened to any club and its supporters, and please God it never happens again.

Had a chat with Jo about this one over the weekend to try to clarify what the 'Justice for 96' campaign is all about. Seeing as she lost one of her best mates at Hillsborough and knew the family well, I think she's well placed to.

She says that the main gripe is with the timings that it took the police to react. The police claim that they were 'assisting' almost instantaneously where the J496 lot reckon it was a good 10-15 minutes before any help was forthcoming, by which point many had already died. See for yourself on the footage it's other fans who are using advertising hoardings as makeshift stretchers to take the injured and dying away and no police were in sight. Of course this suggests that the police watched people die and actually prevented some from escaping with their lives. On top of that there's reports that CCTV and paperwork which would prove this has been 'lost'.

She added that Robbo (her mate who died - Steven Robinson I think) went with another lad (missed what his name was) and were down the front. The other lad managed to escape but was admitted into hospital that night with a shattered nose. His version of events is that he was trying to scale the fence to escape and was met with a policeman's truncheon full in the face and being ordered to "stay where the fuck he was!" Whether that is true or not we can only take his word on it but I can't imagine how a shattered nose could have been caused by the crushing.

She says that she's under no illusion that it was all one sided and reckons some of their fans wouldn't have helped matters but even so, this was a massive failure in policing. Just talking about the events at this level was enough to have her in floods of tears 19 years on.. Like I said, we're all quick to say the scousers make the most of everything but the bottom line is that 2 of her mates went to a football match and one of them never came home. Think it would cut me up too... :lol:

Guest Stevie
From what I understand, what pisses them off more than anything is that the police have never accepted overall responsibility for the events that led to the death of those fans.

The police have instead chosen to stick with the view that the fans were to blame for getting racous and forcing them to have to open the gate. And then furthermore, it's the fans fault for rushing through the tunnel and crushing those at the front. Despite the findings over the years, the police still stick with this view that the fans of Liverpool FC, fuelled by drink, were ultimately responsible for what happened.

Most of us have been to away matches and been sensibly policed to the ground. If you have and you've read up on what happened that day, you can't fail to come to the conclusion that it was a failure on a massive scale by the South Yorks Police Force.

For those of you still unsure, put yourself in the position of the fans the police choose to blame. It's 10mins before kick-off in an FA Cup semi-final. It's only natural you want to get in the ground so by definition you will be congregating near the turnstiles. Then, when the gate is opened, it's only natural that you're going to make a bee-line to get in a position to view the game (the nearest entry being that tunnel. We'd have all done the same in the same situation.

The part I can still get my head round is those police officers who initially stopped people escaping over the fence at the front. They must have seen people being crushed to death in front of their eyes but rather than help them out or open the gate, they pushed them back in. They're the fucking animals....

It is so nice to see that someone such as yourself, Craig has done a bit of homework and educated himself with facts, as oppose to shite that was printed in the rag just after that awful tragedy happened. This could have happened to any club and its supporters, and please God it never happens again.

Had a chat with Jo about this one over the weekend to try to clarify what the 'Justice for 96' campaign is all about. Seeing as she lost one of her best mates at Hillsborough and knew the family well, I think she's well placed to.

She says that the main gripe is with the timings that it took the police to react. The police claim that they were 'assisting' almost instantaneously where the J496 lot reckon it was a good 10-15 minutes before any help was forthcoming, by which point many had already died. See for yourself on the footage it's other fans who are using advertising hoardings as makeshift stretchers to take the injured and dying away and no police were in sight. Of course this suggests that the police watched people die and actually prevented some from escaping with their lives. On top of that there's reports that CCTV and paperwork which would prove this has been 'lost'.

She added that Robbo (her mate who died - Steven Robinson I think) went with another lad (missed what his name was) and were down the front. The other lad managed to escape but was admitted into hospital that night with a shattered nose. His version of events is that he was trying to scale the fence to escape and was met with a policeman's truncheon full in the face and being ordered to "stay where the fuck he was!" Whether that is true or not we can only take his word on it but I can't imagine how a shattered nose could have been caused by the crushing.

She says that she's under no illusion that it was all one sided and reckons some of their fans wouldn't have helped matters but even so, this was a massive failure in policing. Just talking about the events at this level was enough to have her in floods of tears 19 years on.. Like I said, we're all quick to say the scousers make the most of everything but the bottom line is that 2 of her mates went to a football match and one of them never came home. Think it would cut me up too... :lol:

They were stopping the fans breaking down the gates, and pushing back fans trying to scale the fences the cunts. Forget it's Liverpool, this was a human tragedy which 90% of it was the polices fault, the accusation of ticketless fans being pissed, is levelled and I have agreed with it, but if you think about it deeply, if it was the toon there would've been probably more ticketless fans imo and we never have a pint do we, first Cup Semi it would've been for 15 years for us. Duckenfield should donate his pension to the trust.

Adding on, I forgot to mention this bit... Aparrently when the the lad's family hadn't heard from him they rang the support line and were told to head to Sheffield. When they asked if he'd been admitted to hospital, they were told they couldn't confirm and just told them to get there ASAP.

When they got there, they asked the same question and were handed a bunch of polaroid photos - all numbered. Yep, you guessed it, photos of the dead. This family, not knowing if their son was alive or dead had to sift through dozens of photos of corpses not knowing if their child was going to be included in it. They didn't see him and only then were the hospital admission lists checked.

When his name didn't come up, they were asked to check the photos again but more closely. This time they stopped on one that resembled him and when they said so, they were marched off to a room which was full of body bags - all numbered. The bag with the corresponding number to the photo was unzipped and there were asked there and then in a room full of bodies and other grieving relatives to identify him. Obviously he was in such a bad way that they'd not recognised him straight away.

That to me is as fucking disgraceful as the police handling - totally inhumane! Why the fuck they couldn't have checked the hospital admission lists before the dead is beyond me! What makes it worse is that he had positive identification on him too. Why the need to check all the photos?

There's an excellent chapter on Hillsborough in Nick Varley's book 'Park Life' which is a very good read in general. By chance, Varley was, iirc, a journalism student in Sheffield when the disaster happened and got a phonecall from the a newspaper asking him to go down and cover the events as they unfolded.

Guest Stevie
There's an excellent chapter on Hillsborough in Nick Varley's book 'Park Life' which is a very good read in general. By chance, Varley was, iirc, a journalism student in Sheffield when the disaster happened and got a phonecall from the a newspaper asking him to go down and cover the events as they unfolded.

I have that book, got it free with Four Four Two.

I have that book, got it free with Four Four Two.

Me too. Canny for nowt I thought.

Edited by alex