Anfield next week

wonitfivex

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forgive my ignorance.

What is the justice aimed for?

Here's a couple of links that might explain a bit.

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/justice.htm

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadfeat.asp...5&id=130833

:nufc: At the snakehips suicidal stuff, we can't win can we. If we big ourselves up we get called delusional yet when we're being completely realistic we get abuse for being depressing, what did they expect us to say that we've had a brilliant season and thoroughly enjoyed paying around £500 to watch us get battered by Derby etc.

That's because they dont want us to win.

They want to have a go at us no matter what :nufc:

:nufc: At the snakehips suicidal stuff, we can't win can we. If we big ourselves up we get called delusional yet when we're being completely realistic we get abuse for being depressing, what did they expect us to say that we've had a brilliant season and thoroughly enjoyed paying around £500 to watch us get battered by Derby etc.

They're cunts almost to a man mate, not just them but almost every North West team I can think of, especially their attitude towards us. Arrogant wanks.

All clubs have their fair share of cunts, no matter where in the country they are from.

As seeing as it was me who ask you the questions, I was actually impressed with how quick I got some very honest answers, and the fact that you appear to be quite friendly.

They're cunts almost to a man

Supporting evidence...

psampara.jpg

:nufc: Even we laugh at him.

Forgive my ignorance.

What is the justice aimed for?

Here's a couple of links that might explain a bit.

http://www.liverweb.org.uk/justice.htm

http://www.lfconline.com/news/loadfeat.asp...5&id=130833

Cheers. I'm more confused than ever now though as those two articles contradict each other.

This one (updated in 2003) says "Nobody has ever been held accountable in a British Courtroom for the events of that day", while this one says "two Police officers were finally brought to court in a private prosecution in Summer 2000. Bernard Murray was cleared of any wrongdoing after a trial in front of a jury". But then that same article says "prosecutions are still ongoing and in May 99 the South Yorkshire Police were ordered to hand over important documents to the families in their fight. Committal proceedings were set for the 5th July 99." So it seems to have been written before July '99 but after Summer 2000 :nufc: .

I'd gladly support any fight for justice fellow football fans were involved with, but even though I saw the events unfold live on TV myself and have read up quite a bit on the day itself and the reportage that followed, even though I've now read those articles (that I thank you for taking the time to link to) I still don't know what the justice campaigners want (given that the Sun issued an unreserved apology, those two officers had a trial by jury and the Taylor report has ensured it can't happen again having confirmed that “The breakdown of Police control” was the main cause). And if I, who've followed football for 20 years and have every sympathy with the campaign don't know what it's all about, then I guess the message is lost on other people too.

No offense at all intended mate, I'll call you bin dippers and that for a laugh, but I understand this is far more important than any of the daft banter. But watching this campaign go on and on, it brings to mind Al Fayed. Waging a campaign to have something done because the loss is too much to bare. The senslessness of it demands answers, but I can't see anything being enough to assuage the Liverpool fans.

Good luck with it all anyway.

and the obligatory : Clicky :nufc:

TBF I'm with them on this one, the police should have been dragged over the coals on this one....

The fact that Jo and her Dad should have been bang in the middle of the leppings lane end when this happened is inconsequential but it did bring the whole thing alarmingly to mind. Innocent people died because the police fucked up - I'd sure as hell be pissed if it was NUFC.

:nufc:

From what I understand, what pisses them off more than anything is that the police have never accepted overall responsibility for the events that led to the death of those fans.

The police have instead chosen to stick with the view that the fans were to blame for getting racous and forcing them to have to open the gate. And then furthermore, it's the fans fault for rushing through the tunnel and crushing those at the front. Despite the findings over the years, the police still stick with this view that the fans of Liverpool FC, fuelled by drink, were ultimately responsible for what happened.

Most of us have been to away matches and been sensibly policed to the ground. If you have and you've read up on what happened that day, you can't fail to come to the conclusion that it was a failure on a massive scale by the South Yorks Police Force.

For those of you still unsure, put yourself in the position of the fans the police choose to blame. It's 10mins before kick-off in an FA Cup semi-final. It's only natural you want to get in the ground so by definition you will be congregating near the turnstiles. Then, when the gate is opened, it's only natural that you're going to make a bee-line to get in a position to view the game (the nearest entry being that tunnel. We'd have all done the same in the same situation.

The part I can still get my head round is those police officers who initially stopped people escaping over the fence at the front. They must have seen people being crushed to death in front of their eyes but rather than help them out or open the gate, they pushed them back in. They're the fucking animals....

I agree with all that.

But so did Taylor when he said it was the police at fault. I always thought it was the widely accepted consensus view that the police were to blame.

It is.... but the police still won't stick their hands up and take responsibility for it. It may seem petty but that's what pisses them off more than anything (and as I've alluded to before, if it was NUFC and the police had that attitude, I'd probably feel the same).

Taylor found them responsible but he recommendations were aimed at preventing it happening again rather than bringing those responsible to justice. I might be wrong but if they police had said that "yep, we fucked up", this probably would have been forgotten about years ago.

I agree with all that.

But so did Taylor when he said it was the police at fault. I always thought it was the widely accepted consensus view that the police were to blame.

It is.... but the police still won't stick their hands up and take responsibility for it. It may seem petty but that's what pisses them off more than anything (and as I've alluded to before, if it was NUFC and the police had that attitude, I'd probably feel the same).

Taylor found them responsible but he recommendations were aimed at preventing it happening again rather than bringing those responsible to justice. I might be wrong but if they police had said that "yep, we fucked up", this probably would have been forgotten about years ago.

I can see where you/they're coming from.

If the current Chief Constable of the force did apologise though, I don't get the impression that would be the end of it.

From what I understand, what pisses them off more than anything is that the police have never accepted overall responsibility for the events that led to the death of those fans.

The police have instead chosen to stick with the view that the fans were to blame for getting racous and forcing them to have to open the gate. And then furthermore, it's the fans fault for rushing through the tunnel and crushing those at the front. Despite the findings over the years, the police still stick with this view that the fans of Liverpool FC, fuelled by drink, were ultimately responsible for what happened.

Most of us have been to away matches and been sensibly policed to the ground. If you have and you've read up on what happened that day, you can't fail to come to the conclusion that it was a failure on a massive scale by the South Yorks Police Force.

For those of you still unsure, put yourself in the position of the fans the police choose to blame. It's 10mins before kick-off in an FA Cup semi-final. It's only natural you want to get in the ground so by definition you will be congregating near the turnstiles. Then, when the gate is opened, it's only natural that you're going to make a bee-line to get in a position to view the game (the nearest entry being that tunnel. We'd have all done the same in the same situation.

The part I can still get my head round is those police officers who initially stopped people escaping over the fence at the front. They must have seen people being crushed to death in front of their eyes but rather than help them out or open the gate, they pushed them back in. They're the fucking animals....

It is so nice to see that someone such as yourself, Craig has done a bit of homework and educated himself with facts, as oppose to shite that was printed in the rag just after that awful tragedy happened. This could have happened to any club and its supporters, and please God it never happens again.

I agree with all that.

If the current Chief Constable of the force did apologise though, I don't get the impression that would be the end of it.

Again pretty much spot on, but a full front page headline on that rag stating "The Lies" instead of "The Truth", and them saying that they were wrong to print what they did would also make us feel a little bit better.

I agree with all that.

Again pretty much spot on, but a full front page headline on that rag stating "The Lies" instead of "The Truth", and them saying that they were wrong to print what they did would also make us feel a little bit better.

But would that be the end of it? Genuinely, I think that "justice" is impossible as it's entirely intangible, subjective and too late for most involved.

What do you think of Steven Gerrard serialising his autobiography in The Sun's sister paper Terry? I'm not trying to wind you up and I realise, strictly speaking, it's a different publication but I thought it was canny crass myself.

Getting back to the police, I think one of the worst aspects is that a lot of those involved lied about what happened, were culpable and rather then being prosecuted, walked away with golden handshakes / early retirements and so on. Bad craic.

Getting back to the police, I think one of the worst aspects is that a lot of those involved lied about what happened, were culpable and rather then being prosecuted, walked away with golden handshakes / early retirements and so on. Bad craic.

Back crack ( :nufc: ) and completely and utterly par for the police force.

Did you not see that recent one where 20 police officers nearly beat a man to death (who was naked and having a shower - although who probably tellingly was living with the ex of a police officer), the force in question got to investigate ITSELF (despite it being completely against policy) over the issue and not surprisingly cleared itself of all wrong doing (despite huge discrepancies within the officers themselves testimony, officers lying about being there, and a couple purposely going on holiday when the enquiry occurred to avoid testifying altogether).

Expecting a serving police officer to get done for anything when they can possible get out of it is simply noddy land, especially if they are senior officers where at best they'll get early retirement on a full pension (there was that senior one in Wales that did it a few weeks ago, to avoid some possibly criminal investigation into his behaviour).

The police pretty much lie professionally, after all, it's no surprise they are reasonably good at it.

Edited by Fop

I'd rather bypass one of your boring tirades against the police in general again and the entymology of crack / craic which has also been done before and of which I am entirely aware thanks all the same.

I'd rather bypass one of your boring tirades against the police in general again and the entymology of crack / craic which has also been done before and of which I am entirely aware thanks all the same.

Which actually mean "yeah you're right on both counts, but I'll be dammed if I ever admit it". :nufc:

the basic gist of his posts seems to involve;

making a statement and dressing it as fact, telling whomever disagree that they don't understand, ending every post with one of :nufc: <-those, and never ever being funny.

making a statement and dressing it as fact, telling whomever disagree that they don't understand, ending every post with one of :nufc: <-those, and never ever being funny.

We talking about Fop here or alex?

They're both as dull as each other tbh, just alex seems to have more drones following him. alex seems to agree with me over on NO on football most of the time though, much to his credit

Edited by Sima

We talking about Fop here or alex?

They're both as dull as each other tbh, just alex seems to have more drones following him. alex seems to agree with me over on NO on football most of the time though, much to his credit

The irony :nufc::nufc: