Taylor: I'll not be mucked about !

Jimbo

Steven Taylor fears for his Newcastle United future after warning he will not be 'mucked about' regarding a new contract.

The England Under 21 international is keen to stay at St James' Park and extend his current deal beyond 2009.

But he admits he may have to consider his options at the end of the season, if discussions have not been initiated by the club.

The defender does not blame manager Kevin Keegan for the situation, instead suggesting the board do not rate him as a player.

Concerned

"I have heard nothing at all about a new contract," Taylor told the Sunday Mirror. "It is up to the chairman to offer me one, but the longer it goes without any feedback the more concerned I'm becoming.

"I've lived all my life on Tyneside, come up through the youth system and have a great relationship with the Newcastle fans. There is no other club I want to play for.

"Kevin Keegan has been fantastic to me since he came in. I love playing for him, but I know he has had a lot of other things on his mind since he came back. I understand that.

"But I don't think this is down to him. It has to be sorted out by the people upstairs. There has been a lack of contact. My dad has been mucked about. Meetings have been cancelled.

Joke

"I have been mucked about in the past and have kept my mouth shut. For things to have dragged on this long is a joke.

"I get on great with Kevin, but I think it is the people upstairs who don't rate me. I won't be mucked about. I just want this sorted out.

"The longer I hear nothing from the club the more I fear they want to sell me.

"If there is no offer on the table by the summer then I will have no choice but to look at my options."

If I was Mort, I wouldnt be offering anyone new contracts until he knew we were safe. Young Taylor should forget all about his contract and concentrate on the huge task at hand. Earn that new contract laddy.

what a stupid way togo about things , last we need is players from our own club helping the media along , he should have done all this behind closed doors .

his dad sounds like a bloody great influence on the lad .

i wonder when he says the club dont rate me , he means they wont pay a stupid weekly wage ? if he thinks he could command a salary greater than zoggy or milner he's pushing his luck for to much .

"I've a great relationship with the Newcastle fans."

With the few that think applauding them at the end is more important than actually putting in a performance.

Glad to see the .com boys picking him up on his cringeworthy act in the Man U report...

The smallest number of Newcastle supporters we can recall in the stadium at the final whistle indulged in some fleeting booing, before Smith and Taylor's miserable meanderings across the Gallowgate End brought some sympathetic applause.

It's a toss-up between which of these gestures was the emptier: Taylor's tiresome "man of the people" act after another rotten display, or Smith's frankly baffling appreciation of a set of fans who have greeted his mundane and mediocre displays with similarly indifferent responses.

With the few that think applauding them at the end is more important than actually putting in a performance.

Glad to see the .com boys picking him up on his cringeworthy act in the Man U report...

The smallest number of Newcastle supporters we can recall in the stadium at the final whistle indulged in some fleeting booing, before Smith and Taylor's miserable meanderings across the Gallowgate End brought some sympathetic applause.

It's a toss-up between which of these gestures was the emptier: Taylor's tiresome "man of the people" act after another rotten display, or Smith's frankly baffling appreciation of a set of fans who have greeted his mundane and mediocre displays with similarly indifferent responses.

<_< God forbid they should acknowledge the fans, damned if you do...

Have to agree there, sometimes people can't win whatever they do.

Fans slate players for not having the guts/decency or whatever your choice to come and acknowledge the supporters after a shite perfomance and just running straight for the tunnel. But if they do stay back and applaud the fans they get hammered for that as well as it has to be attention seeking and proving you're the biggest geordie going in Taylors case and i'm not exactly sure what their criticism of Smith is...it seems to be having a go that he still applauds us despite having been on the end of stick from the fans???

Nowt wrong with acknowledginging the fans. But Taylor ensures he's the last man off the pitch week in and week out. It's a disingenuous maneuver that convinces less and less people every week.

Brown nosing, cockney twat that thinks the fans can win him an improved contract rather than performances. He can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Isn't there an offer on the table from last year? He's going on like he's not heard a thing.

Has anyone else noticed that Taylor's got tell-your-team-mates-what-to-do Tourettes? He's fucking constantly giving it hand signals and the trademarked Keegan breathe gesture to anyone who happens to glance in his direction. At one point yesterday Steve Harper was about to strike a dead ball from his own area and Taylor turned round and gave him the palms facing the floor calm-down type gesture followed by a breathe. A fucking hand gesture combo for a goal kick! <_<

Has anyone else noticed that Taylor's got tell-your-team-mates-what-to-do Tourettes? He's fucking constantly giving it hand signals and the trademarked Keegan breathe gesture to anyone who happens to glance in his direction. At one point yesterday Steve Harper was about to strike a dead ball from his own area and Taylor turned round and gave him the palms facing the floor calm-down type gesture followed by a breathe. A fucking hand gesture combo for a goal kick! <_<

That combined with the "oh fuck Ive just cocked up, better shout abuse at a team mate or two to take the heat off" which really cant have a very good effect on morale or teamworking tbh.

Best defender of the season according to Oliver btw. <_< He's shit imo, he really is and in a funny way he might even be doing us a favour because he's one of those players (young, English, plays for the U21s etc.) who might command a canny fee now but whose stock will fall steadily from now on imo.

The fact he has so many appearance for the U21s shows he hasn't kicked on.

Same could really be said for Milner as well tbh

Edited by Sima

The fact he has so many appearance for the U21s shows he hasn't kicked on.

Same could really be said for Milner as well tbh

I'd agree with that. I just think young, English players are overpriced so now would be a god time to cash in.

He thinks he has the fans on his side - unfortunately for him his performances this year have wakened people up to the fact he isn't as good as likes to think.