Liverpool fan here

Terry De Niro

Hello all

As you can see from the title of the thread, I'm a Liverpool fan who posts on the Red and White Kop site (RAWK) http://www.redandwhitekop.com/

We run a thread called Spyin' Kop where we ask questions to opponent fans when we are due to play them.

So if it's OK with the moderators here are my questions.

What do you think of your season so far?

What are your expectations for the rest of the season?

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred?

Who has been your best player/s so far

and your worst?

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you?

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us?

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game?

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for?

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield?

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season?

and finally, do you care to predict the score?

Thank you in advance

Terry... :nufc:

Hello all

As you can see from the title of the thread, I'm a Liverpool fan who posts on the Red and White Kop site (RAWK) http://www.redandwhitekop.com/

We run a thread called Spyin' Kop where we ask questions to opponent fans when we are due to play them.

:nufc:Shocking.

Squeaky bums and survival.

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred?

I think some people were hoping for some Mourinho-type of arrival but that wasn't realistic and I was (and still am) happy with KK.

Tough one. Habib Beye has probably been the best player for me.

and your worst?

Another tough one. Too many to mention and a bit unfair to single players out imo.

Not really in all honesty. The little bits I've seen of Andy Carroll suggests he might make it (decent first touch, physical presence).

4-4-2 - Harper - Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique - Milner, Butt, Smith, Duff - Owen, Martins.

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game?

I'm hoping Torres and Gerrard are rested.

Martins and N'Zogbia (if they play). Neither are great or consistent but they can conjure something out of nothing on their day.

Unpleasant ones, generally.

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season?

Liverpool - 4th, Newcastle - 5th bottom.

3-1 to Liverpool

Edited by alex

Hello all

What do you think of your season so far? Disgrace

What are your expectations for the rest of the season? slight improvement with same players

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred? one of the preferred. would have had Jose or hiddink or similar

Who has been your best player/s so far All, except Beye, Faye and maybe Butt

and your worst? as above please reverse :nufc:

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you? Should be Taylor, Zog, Milner but have been too sparodic

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us? Hopefully a 10, 1 formation

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game? All

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for? :nufc:

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield? When we got beat in FA cup on friday night our support was great our team was shite, reverse it for your lot

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season? us 11th you 4thand finally, do you care to predict the score? 3 -1

to us :nufc:

Thank you in advance

Hello all

What do you think of your season so far? Abysmal. Woeful. Crap. Shite. Dire. You get the drift?

What are your expectations for the rest of the season? Lots of attacks from the media. A lot of lows with one or two much-needed wins to see us okay.

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred? Never even considered KK when the large fella was sacked. Would have loved Hiddink (I can fuckin' dream, can't I ?)

Who has been your best player/s so far? None. All at a level of shite, with two or three containing extra nutty bits and undigested sweetcorn.

and your worst? See above.

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you? No.

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us? 4-4-2.

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game? Does it matter? I'm anticipating you putting 8 past us on Saturday (I jest not)

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for? Steve Harper picking the ball out the net quick enough so you can get on with the game and score more against us!

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield? Where's the rope?

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season? L'pool 4th, NUFC 5th bottom.

and finally, do you care to predict the score? 8 - 1.

Thank you in advance

Edited by snakehips

Very, very disappointing. Quietly optimistic at the start with Allardyce's arrival and the results at the beginning of the season. It's all fell apart since then. He still shouldn't have been sacked so early though

Hopefully stave off relegation, not entirely confident though

Nowhere near my first choice as the Premiership is a far more cosmopolitan league now, what with tactics, players diets, etc that when he was last successful. I would have preferred someone like Deschamps or Quique Sanches Flores

Who has been your best player/s so far?

No-one has really shone out so I'm going to go for Milner on a consistency basis. Even he isn't that good though

and your worst?

Steven Taylor, absolute fucking liability

Carroll seems to have put himself about without looking anything special and he's the only one that has really had even a remote run in the first team.

Harper, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Enrique, Milner, Geremi, Butt, Duff, Owen, Smith

Torres, Gerrard, Babel

Nope, woefully out of form, don't think we'll pose any threat

Obviously the two 4-3's stick out, but other meetings I remember are when we won 2-0 in 95 with Fox and Lee getting the goals and the 2-2 draw about 4 years back

Liverpool will finish 4th and hopefully we'll finish 16th/17th

3-0 at a canter to Liverpool

Edited by Sima

Total disaster especially after the early optimism of a totally new regime.

To avoid relegation.

I think realistically he was my choice as I didn't want us to go for another Allardyce type choice (Redknapp etc) so we may as well have brought him back since he's a legend here, obviously I'd have loved to have seen someone like Mourinho here but that was never going to happen :nufc: .

I'd have to say Milner as he actually tries despite his total lack of pace, Beye who I think is a good player, Faye he has seemed decent funnily enough I had probably the lowest expectations of him out of our signings, Butt when he was playing well 1st half of the season and although he has been wasted at left back numerous times N'zogbia when he tries can be very good.

and your worst?

:nufc: Cacapa, Carr, Barton, Geremi, Butt second half of the season, Steven 'Geordie hero' Taylor, Rosenthal, Smith (although he's been ok up front he still doesn't score).

Although he's hardly appeared Kazenga Lua Lua has impressed me, he's quick, tricky (like his brother), and from what I've heard off a reserve player he has a rocket shot on him.

4-4-2 - Harper. Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique. Milner, Butt, Smith, Duff. Owen, Martins.

I'd prefer us to play N'zogbia in CM but I don't see it happening. I had Barton in the team but I'm sure he can't play because of his bail terms :nufc:

Gerrard, Torres, Babel hopefully Rafa rests some of them though with the Inter game coming up.

If they play Martins (you never know what he's going to do and can easily score a 30 yard raker then miss an open net from 6 yards), N'zogbia and Beye (he's quick to overlap Milner and he has alot of pace to get back if needed)

Mostly horrid ones like the 4-3 losses.

Liverpool will finish 4th and we will hopefully finish about 14th

Anything around 3-0 to Liverpool

Edited by Barton7

A season of horrible torture with added media bitterness

Relegation, more media bitterness

I didn't want Keegan but id rather have him than Redknapp and i was caught in the good atmosphere Keegan brought

Habib Beye and regardless of performance i enjoy watching Duff/Milner

and your worst?

Joey Barton for a plethora of reasons. Including the fact he appears to be shite :nufc:

N'Zogbia always does however i am very impressed with what i have seen of Kazenga Lua Lua.

If we had any sense a defensive 4-4-2/4-4-1-1/5-4-1 but we will play an average 4-4-2 and hand you the game.

Depends on the starting 11 but not matter what it is at least ten of them :nufc:

No it should be a breeze for you.

Losing 2-1 in the cup was a bastard and obviously the 2 x 4-3's.

Liverpool 5th Newcastle 16-17th

4-0 to Liverpool

Thank you very much for your quick replies.

I will be posting the thread up on Thursday morning, and will post the link on here when it's up.

I wish you all the best luck for the rest of the season, after Saturday, obviously... :nufc:

Thank you

Hello all

depressing

To stay up.

Never even considered him a possibility, was baffled when he was appointed, but am far from believing he was a bad choice.

Couldn't say, but disagree when PBP guys say Milner

and your worst?

Difficult to single anyone out of this bad lot, but possibly Smith.

Haven't seen a lot of youngsters given the chance to impress unlike when we were forced to play Edgar and Huntington etc.

4-4-2

Haven't paid much attention to who Liverpool's performers are this year; from that team, anyone could kill us.

On an on day, N'Zogbia, Martins or even Milner. In reality, no one.

4-3, 4-3 :nufc:

Liverpool - 4th, Newcastle - 4th bottom.

4-0; Can't see us scoring.

Edited by Zathras

Typical.

Avoid relegation.

Nope, although everyone who I wanted was probably out of our reach.

Charlie.

and your worst?

Smith.

Carroll and Kazenga LuaLua. I also can't help but wonder what happened to Edgar.

Harper, Enrique, Beye, Taylor, Faye, N'Zogbia, Milner, Butt, Smith, Owen, Martins.

I also expect Carroll to come off the bench at some point.

Torres, obviously. Gerrard, if he turns up.

Not really.

Alonso scoring from about 60 yards, and a lot of defeats.

4th and 13th.

4-1.

A living nightmare

Survival by the skin of our teeth - David Kelly will pop up in the 85th minute of the penultimate game :nufc:

Better than we could have ended up with but I do worry that people expect a repeat of what happened 16 years ago

Beye, Milner

and your worst?

Alan Smith - big disappointment

Lua Lua looks promising as does Carroll. Typical NUFC though, they'll impress right until the point they regularly play in the 1st team.

Please god let it be a 4-4-2. I'd play: Harper, Beye, Cacapa, Faye, Enrique, Milner, Butt, N'Zogbia, Duff, Owen, Martins

Gerrard & Torres obviously are subject to the media attention. But think the ones to watch are Mascherano (best defensive midfielder in England IMO) and Babel (awesome talent)

Joey Barton - particularly if he pops into McDonalds....

Clearly remember winning there in our relegation season when Mirandinha kissed his badge in front of the kop. Also winning 2-0 in 93/94 and of course the 4-3s :nufc:

Liverpool 4th Newcastle 15th

3-0 to Liverpool

What do you think of your season so far? - a living nightmare

What are your expectations for the rest of the season? - to survive at any cost

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred? - No, would rather seen us go for Hughes, Van Gaal or Trappatoni.

Who has been your best player/s so far - Beye, Faye, Owen.

and your worst? - Alan Smith, Stephen Carr, Viduka, Given.

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you? - Carroll, Lua Lua, Forster.

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us? Harper, Beye, Taylor, Faye, Enrique, Duff, Butt, Emre, Milner, Smith, Owen.

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game? any capable of breathing.

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for? - Owen, Duff, Milner.

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield? - Getting humped.

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season? - Liverpool = 5th, Newcastle = 14th.

and finally, do you care to predict the score? - 3- 1 Liverpool

Hello all

A complete and utter shambles. It's made even worse by the fact every one of this countries proud and well respected (terms used in jest) media outlets it kicking us when we're well and truly down. Do we deserve it? Some people would probably say yes but when it's unfounded bullshit it does begin to get tiresome.

A close brush with relegation and hopefully a dose of realism so we don't go into next season expecting things to be a quick fix

I was hoping we'd get someone in with a bit of continental pedigree, like i've been screaming for since Robson left. Saying that I am happy with Keegan as he's not the totally tactically inept quitter some would make him out to be. He does have his flaws but he's a whole different species to Roeder, Souness etc.

Habib Beye has looked like a bargain. We've needed a good right back for years too.

and your worst?

Given has been poor. He's not our worst by any stretch but when you know what he can do it's a bit disheartening. Smith, Barton and Taylor have all been woeful this season and I wouldn't be upset at all if any of those three left in the Summer.

Andy Carroll looks like he could be the next player to break through. Kazenga Lua Lua is only a bairn but he looks like he could be the first real quality player we'll have produced in a long time from the very little i've seen. He's not afraid to run with the ball at players, he's quick and his passing seems sharp. Tamas Kadar is also getting rave reviews for the reserves but i've seen nothing of him.

No idea, hopefully it doesn't include Smith, Barton or Taylor though

Torres if Rafa plays him, Crouch is always a danger but I doubt he'll get on the pitch. Gerrard has a habit of scoring against us and I can see someone as pacy as Babel causing us one or two problems

I have a feeling Owen may give that little bit extra returning to your place and N'Zogbia, if played in his preferred position is a threat.

4-3 and Stan bloody Collymore

You lot in 4th, us lot in about 15th

3-1 or 3-2 in your favour

Thank you in advance

What do you think of your season so far? - Great! Oh no, wait, thats not right, I'm mean fucking awful.

What are your expectations for the rest of the season? - I expect us to finish a merry 15th

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred? - Didnt consider KK at the time, would have taken a number of continental managers including your ex. Didnt really want Hughes or Redknapp. Was surprised KK came back, but accepted it.

Who has been your best player/s so far - Beye, Feye, N'Zogbia

and your worst? - Barton, Smith, Barton, and the invisible bloke Barton keeps passing to.

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you? - NZogbia, Carroll

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us? Same as the weekend v Blackburn, Id rather Zog started though for Bartton, maybe martins for smith - but I doubt both

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game? - Torres

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for? - Owen if he fancies it, NZogbia if he gets a game, maybe Martins as unpredictable as he is

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield? - Loads, was at the famous 4-3 in with your lot with the kop to my right, last season as well sticks in my mind as we missed out bus back but caught another and had to stand all the way back :nufc:

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season? - Us 15th you 5th

and finally, do you care to predict the score? 2-0 to you lot

Hello all

What do you think of your season so far? The worst I can ever remember since getting my season ticket in 86. In the past when we were relegated and/or playing outside the top division we all knew we were shit with a god awfull board but this season promised more.

What are your expectations for the rest of the season? A struggle to remaining out of the bottom three (that I'm not sure we will succeed with)

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred? Most people never really considered him an option with the idiot masses looking more in Shearer's direction. I think anyone with an ounce of sense would have prefered someone like Mourinho but only the deluded though that a realistic posibility. An up an coming foreign manager like Deschamps would have been a good alternative but I do think if we stay up and there is a lot of cash available in the summer, Keegan will turn it around (no I don't think we will all of a sudden win the league).

Who has been your best player/s so far Beye probably and Faye has looked pretty strong on less games.

and your worst? The vast majority have been varying degree's of shit but Barton has been awfull and seems to be getting worse, which has been a big disapointment as I was expecting him to really take a grip of our midfield. Carr is by far our worst player though.

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you? N'Zogbia is the only one who I have any expectations of. Taylor spends too much time behind Given instead of marking his man and Milner (despite his good efforts) has no quality whatsoever in his distribution.

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us? 4-4-2 Harper, Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique, Milner, Geremi, Butt, Duff, Smith, Owen.

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game? Gerrard and Torres if they are playing but let's face it, you have a squad full of players who could destroy us if they are on their game.

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for? Owen is still a threat in front of goal but get's very few chances from our midfield. Martins and N'Zogbia are the only ones who can produce a bit of magic if they play.

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield? Best one is of winning 2-1 the season we got relegated. John Hendrie and Mirandina socred. The first away game I ever went to.

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season? You 4th and us 4th bottom.

and finally, do you care to predict the score? 4-1 to you. We're all a very optimistic bunch on here at the moment.

Thank you in advance

same old shite we've had to endure since robson was sacked

a relegation battle. hopefully we've got just enough to stay up

he was a surprise choice but most of us got caught up in the nostalgia of it all and welcomed him back like a long lost relative. i'd love to see him put together another side like his he did in his first tenure. but can he reproduce the famous infectious enthusiasm that he seemed to have lost at the end of his time as man city boss? this season is all about survival, then we'll see.

they've all been terrible so hard to pick out one. probably n'zogbia

and your worst?

god...where to start? i'd say probably alan smith or joey barton

sadly, no

whatever side we put out, i expect us to lose. i'd like to see us "rest" barton and smith but i don't think we've too many other options at the moment.

torres looks a good signing. i can see him having stevie taylor breathing out of his arsehole

n'zogbia

those fucking 4-3s that the media never let us forget

liverpool to just miss out on 4th spot. toon to just miss our on relegation

liverpool 3 newcastle 0

Thank you in advance

Shambolic. :nufc:

Survival hopefully.

We had to be realistic. There was no way we're currently an attractive enough proposition for the big name European bosses to come here.

Habib Beye.

and your worst?

Taylor, Barton, Smith, Butt... Too many, which is a sad state of affairs.

Carroll looks ok, puts himself about a bit.

Harper, Beye, Faye, Taylor, Milner, Butt, Smith, Duff, Owen, Martins

Torress and Gerrard.

Martins or Zoggy are our most dangerous, and the latter especially being our most inconsistent as well. But can get a goal out of nothing, which is what we desperately need at the moment.

Not good unfortunately.

Liverpool 5th and Newcastle 15th.

Liverpool 3-0

Thank you in advance

No problem Terry.

Guest Stevie

A complete disgrace, a true reflection of the Shepherd era, and the final legacy of it. When the summer comes we can put it behind us what ever league we're in.

My expectations are that we will continue to play shite for the rest of the season, thousands of arseholes will ring national phone ins from other clubs abusing our fans, the media will continue to write shite, but we will stick by the team. Another expectation I have is Joey Barton will be in jail again for something new before his court case.

Glenn Hoddle. I get a lot of stick for it, but I think he's a fantastic coach. People point to the fact he wasn't very succesful with Spurs and Chelsea. Spurs were in a long transitional phase, and a few bad signings like Dean Richards cost him. With Chelsea when he came they were 11th, and when they left they were 11th, but he started the ball rolling with the culture and playing style of the club, he laid the foundations for people like Vialli and Gullit to take on. With England he gave us some of the great performances of recent years, his man management skills are often criticised, but when someone as experienced as Shearer says you are the best coach he has ever worked with he must have something.

To be honest they've all been crap, but for the honest endeavour he's put in I'd say James Milner, although Beye is a decent signing.

and your worst?

This could go to any number of our players but Alan Smith for me. What does he do? Can't head, can't shoot, no technique, can't tackle. Oh dear.

No.

Harper, Beye, Faye, Taylor, Zog, Milner, Butt, Emre, Duff, Owen, Smith

Torres and Gerrard. I hope Dirk Kuyt is playing, if it was a game of FM2008, I would make sure no one is marking Kuyt, because it's a waste, he's shite. Dirk Shuyt I call him.

No they're all fuckin shite.

I've been to Anfield three times, seen us win their twice and lose once (the second 4-3). The best time was the first time I went in 1994, it was the anniversary of Hillsborough, we won 2-0, and completely played you off the park. The most poignant moment of the afternoon was when a toon fan walked on to the pitch, and placed a rememberance wreath by the Anfield Road end goal, the whole ground applauded, and The Kop sang "we love you Newcastle we do". By the time it got to 1997, I think the relationship between the two supports had deteriorated somewhat though, I remember the abuse we received on the drive in, it had all changed. The League Cup game when we won 0-1 was a fantastic atmosphere (from both sets), but the second 4-3 wasn't that great.

It's a hard one. Everton are playing shite and still winning, I'd rather Liverpool came 4th than Everton, because they could pull even further ahead of us, but I think Everton have a lot of momentum. If they can draw at Anfield, I think you will finish 5th.

We will finish 17th on 35 points, staying up by one. That's given the fact we beat the mackems and Fulham.

Liverpool 4 Newcastle 0 like the old old days.

What do you think of your season so far? Not great, but no worse than last season, or the one before the one before that.

What are your expectations for the rest of the season? Not lose another home game, win those against lower teams. Stay up comfortably.

Was Kevin Keegan everyone's choice to replace Big Sam, if not who would you have preferred? Never thought it was even a remote possibility, but considering that Redknapp was approached, I'm over the moon to see him back.

Who has been your best player/s so far Nobby Solano had a canny run out against Hartlepool in pre-season.

and your worst? Loads to choose from, but Smith would pip Geremi to the post for me.

Any young up and coming players that have impressed you? I've not seen Kadar do much wrong in the few reserve games he's played. With our current left back situation he could be a good prospect.

What sort of line up do you expect that'll play against us? Harper, Beye, Faye, Taylor, Enrique, Milner, Butt, Smith, Duff, Owen, Martins

Which Liverpool player/s do you think will have to be watched in our forthcoming game? With the space we'll give you, anyone could hurt us.

Any of your players who you think we'll have to watch out for? It's Owen's first game back at Anfield isn't it? Could be a fairytale return, but I wouldn't bet on it.

What are your memories, if any, of our previous meetings at Anfield? Keegan hid behind the hoardings.

Where do you expect both teams will finish in the league come the end of the season? 5th and 12th

and finally, do you care to predict the score? no

Glenn Hoddle. I get a lot of stick for it, but I think he's a fantastic coach. People point to the fact he wasn't very succesful with Spurs and Chelsea. Spurs were in a long transitional phase, and a few bad signings like Dean Richards cost him. With Chelsea when he came they were 11th, and when they left they were 11th, but he started the ball rolling with the culture and playing style of the club, he laid the foundations for people like Vialli and Gullit to take on. With England he gave us some of the great performances of recent years, his man management skills are often criticised, but when someone as experienced as Shearer says you are the best coach he has ever worked with he must have something.

Christ on a fucking Vespa! I almost missed that :nufc:

Anyway, why is everyone bigging up Milner? Tonnes of effort but his final ball is a fucking disgrace, he's got nee pace either. I'd be on the look out for a right winger in the summer if I was Keegan.

Not bigging up Milner, just the best of a fucking woeful bunch.

On the subect of Kuyt, He works his arse off for Liverpool running into the channels all day and doesn't get the goals his effort deserves.

Not bigging up Milner, just the best of a fucking woeful bunch.

On the subect of Kuyt, He works his arse off for Liverpool running into the channels all day and doesn't get the goals his effort deserves.

I think Kuyt and Torres are their best partnership as they compliment each other. I'd be playing them two nearly every game to work on that.